Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Gigafactory Berlin finally reaches goal of 5,000 electric cars a week.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 558 Posts

Default Tesla Gigafactory Berlin finally reaches goal of 5,000 electric cars a week.

Tesla Gigafactory Berlin finally reaches goal of 5,000 electric cars a week

Tesla Gigafactory Berlin has finally reached its goal to produce 5,000 electric cars in a single week, which is considered achieving “volume production.”
    When ramping up a new vehicle to volume production at a new factory, Tesla generally considers 5,000 units per week to be the goal.
    After starting production late in 2021, Tesla originally aimed to achieve that at Gigafactory Berlin by the end of 2022.
    But the goal was ambitious amid a continuing global supply chain crisis.
    Instead, Tesla announced that it finished the year with a respectable production rate of 3,000 Model Y vehicles per week at Gigafactory Berlin.
    At the end of February, the factory reached a new milestone of 4,000 units per week.
    Now just a month later, Tesla Gigafactory Berlin has managed to produce 5,000 Model Y vehicles in a single week.
    Tesla confirmed the achievement with a tweet:
    The factory appears to have beaten Gigafactory Texas to the important milestone.
    If it can maintain this newly achieved production rate, it would mean Gigafactory Berlin can produce over 250,000 vehicles per year.
    What’s interesting is that Tesla is now approved to produce 500,000 vehicles per year out of the factory, and now that it has achieved its goal with Model Y production, Tesla is expected to add a new model to Gigafactory Berlin’s lineup.
    Originally, Model 3 was supposed to be next, but Tesla hasn’t commented on the plan in a long time.
    Furthermore, Tesla recently submitted an application to the authorities to expand production at Gigafactory Berlin to 1 million vehicles per year. This expansion is going to require further development of the factory’s footprint, and the company needs to obtain environmental approval before going forward.
    Tesla’s future production lines to be deployed are expected to feature Tesla’s new unboxed manufacturing process unveiled at Investor Day earlier this month.

Electrek’s Take
    Congrats to everyone involved. Achieving 5,000 vehicles per week just about a year after starting production is impressive.
    To put things into perspective, Tesla has a bigger production capacity for long-range electric vehicles at Gigafactory Berlin than most legacy automakers have overall. And it’s just Tesla’s latest of four Gigafactories producing electric vehicles.
    It’s hard to beat Tesla when it comes to deploying electric vehicle production capacity.

MAGA morons change diapers.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (04-18-2023)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Do you get paid to promote their products?

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Do you get paid to promote their products?
    What do you think?
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (04-18-2023)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    What do you think?
    Yes.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tesla Gigafactory Berlin has finally reached its goal to produce 5,000 electric cars in a single week, which is considered achieving “volume production.”
    When ramping up a new vehicle to volume production at a new factory, Tesla generally considers 5,000 units per week to be the goal.
    After starting production late in 2021, Tesla originally aimed to achieve that at Gigafactory Berlin by the end of 2022.
    Instead, Tesla announced that it finished the year with a respectable production rate of 3,000 Model Y vehicles per week at Gigafactory Berlin.
    At the end of February, the factory reached a new milestone of 4,000 units per week.
    Now just a month later, Tesla Gigafactory Berlin has managed to produce 5,000 Model Y vehicles in a single week.
    The factory appears to have beaten Gigafactory Texas to the important milestone.
    If it can maintain this newly achieved production rate, it would mean Gigafactory Berlin can produce over 250,000 vehicles per year.
    What’s interesting is that Tesla is now approved to produce 500,000 vehicles per year out of the factory, and now that it has achieved its goal with Model Y production, Tesla is expected to add a new model to Gigafactory Berlin’s lineup.
    Originally, Model 3 was supposed to be next, but Tesla hasn’t commented on the plan in a long time.
    Furthermore, Tesla recently submitted an application to the authorities to expand production at Gigafactory Berlin to 1 million vehicles per year. This expansion is going to require further development of the factory’s footprint, and the company needs to obtain environmental approval before going forward.
    Tesla’s future production lines to be deployed are expected to feature Tesla’s new unboxed manufacturing process unveiled at Investor Day earlier this month.

Electrek’s Take
    Congrats to everyone involved. Achieving 5,000 vehicles per week just about a year after starting production is impressive.
    To put things into perspective, Tesla has a bigger production capacity for long-range electric vehicles at Gigafactory Berlin than most legacy automakers have overall. And it’s just Tesla’s latest of four Gigafactories producing electric vehicles.
    It’s hard to beat Tesla when it comes to deploying electric vehicle production capacity.

Do German Teslas have transmissions?

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes.
    Then you would be wrong.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (04-18-2023)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Electrek’s Take

So while Russia and China get cozy "...cooperating in energy and food security..." emphasis on energy, idiots around the globe are focused on making EVs. Fossil fuels build economies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/22/chin...operation.html
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" - Noam Chomsky

"Leftists actually think everyone is as stupid as a leftist." - Yakuda

"No, Trump isn't a fascist, tatt boy." - moon

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Into the Night (04-18-2023), Truth Detector (04-03-2023)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Today, 01:52 PM
    Yagina
    Verified User
    This message is hidden because Yagina is on your ignore list.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Waymo Replaces Hybrid Vans With All-Electric Autonomous Ride-Hail Fleet
    Customers in Phoenix's East Valley can access the fully electric fleet starting in April.
    Autonomous vehicle operator Waymo is going all-in on EVs. The Alphabet subsidiary will phase out the plug-in hybrid Chrysler Pacifica minivans it's been using for six years and replace them with all-electric Jaguar I-Pace SUVs.
    By the end of April, ride-hail customers in Phoenix's East Valley (primarily Chandler, Tempe, and Mesa, Arizona) will be able to access a fully electric fleet, which runs on the fifth-generation Waymo Driver AI platform.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Lots of companies are getting electric fleets. The geniuses on this board will claim they are heading for disaster. They apparently think the companies did not do their homework. They went through it all and they know they will save a lot of money and pollute a lot less.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Inexpensive and environmentally friendly mechanochemical recycling process recovers 70% of lithium from batteries
    by Karlsruhe Institute of Technology

Inexpensive and environmentally friendly mechanochemical recycling process recovers 70% of lithium from batteries
    Dr. Oleksandr Dolotko, lead author of the publication, conducts research at the IAM-ESS Institute and the HIU. Credit: Amadeus Bramsiepe, KIT
    A recycling method developed by Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) recovers up to 70% of lithium from battery waste without corrosive chemicals, high temperatures, and prior sorting of materials being required. The method combines mechanical processes with chemical reactions and enables inexpensive, energy-efficient, and environmentally compatible recycling of any type of lithium-ion battery. The results are reported in Communications Chemistry.

Lithium-ion batteries are omnipresent in our life. They are not only used for the wireless power supply of notebooks, smartphones, toys, remote controls, and other small devices, but also are the most important energy storage systems for the rapidly growing electric mobility sector. Increasing use of these batteries eventually results in the need for economically and ecologically sustainable recycling methods.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Tesla reports 422,875 deliveries for first quarter of 2023
    Tesla posted its first-quarter vehicle production*and deliveries report for 2023 on Sunday.
    Deliveries are the closest approximation of sales disclosed by Tesla and are not broken out by individual model or region.
    Tesla on Sunday posted its first-quarter vehicle production*and delivery report for 2023.
    Here are the key numbers from the electric vehicle maker:
    Total deliveries Q1 2023: 422,875
    Total production Q1 2023: 440,808
    Deliveries are the closest approximation of sales disclosed by Tesla and are not broken out by individual model or region.
    The first quarter numbers represent a 36% increase in deliveries compared to the 310,048 reported during the same period a year earlier, and 4% growth in deliveries sequentially compared to the 405,278 they company reported in the last quarter of 2022.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,957 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Electrek’s Take

Is Tesla Model Y Build Quality Slipping?
    Several new owners are reporting plenty of problems.

Joey wets panties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

BrightDrop signs Ryder as customer, starts first Zevo 600 deliveries

BrightDrop, the electric delivery van subsidiary of General Motors, has signed on supply chain logistics company Ryder as a new customer. Ryder plans to add 4,000 BrightDrop EVs to their rental and lease fleet through 2025.
    The nabbing of yet another big commercial customer comes as BrightDrop demonstrates its ability to deliver EVs at scale. The company said Monday it has started to ship over 500 of its Zevo 600 delivery vans, which are built at the high-volume CAMI Assembly manufacturing facility in Ontario, Canada.
    For comparison, Rivian, one of BrightDrop's commercial competitors, has already delivered around 3,000 electric vans to Amazon, according to the e-commerce giant's blog. By 2030, Amazon hopes to bring 100,000 Rivian delivery vehicles to the roads. In Rivian's its fourth quarter earnings report, the EV-maker set a goal of producing 50,000 units this year, but those won't all be delivery vans. Rivian also produces the R1S pickup truck and R1T SUV.
    With all the backing of GM, BrightDrop reckons it can do better. The company started production at CAMI in December, when it announced DHL Express Canada its first Canadian customer. BrightDrop says it is on track to produce 50,000 Zevo vans annually by 2025, with production scheduled to ramp throughout the year.
    The company, which already sold out of 2023 model year Zevo 600s, will have to meet those high unit numbers in order to appease its over 30 commercial customers. At GM's investor day in November, BrightDrop reported it had received more than 25,000 reservations and letters of intent from customers, including FedEx, Walmart, Hertz, WasteNot Compost and more.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Leftist morons won't be able to charge their cars because there won't be sufficient power supplies. California is the best example of that. Moron.

Californians asked to not charge electric cars — days after gas ban announcement

California residents are being asked not to charge their electric vehicles to conserve energy amid a brutal heatwave — just days after the state announced a plan to ban sales of new gas-powered cars by 2035.

Leftists are the dumbest morons on the planet.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.