Thread: Well we got this week’s school shooting in the books early

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,062 Times in 8,414 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I would re-ban Simi-automatic weapons from sale or import into the United States. I would have ref flag laws that set criteria by law determined by judges.
    So you would ban pistols? How about double stack mags? Judges don't determine law in this country. At least for the time being.
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" - Noam Chomsky

"Leftists actually think everyone is as stupid as a leftist." - Yakuda

"No, Trump isn't a fascist, tatt boy." - moon

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Liar.
    Yes, we know you are a liar.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    ”Multiple victims reported in shooting at Nashville school; shooter dead”
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nashvil...venant-school/

School shootings have become as American as apple pie, happen so often, Americans have become desensitized to them, and the right’s solution is more guns, and more “freedom” for the shooters
    Gosh I hope someone marshals the might power of "Thoughts and Prayers", STAT!

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Actually as a boy scout we shoot .22 rifles
    I had a .410 single shot shotgun at 12 and a 12 gauge shotgun at 14.

Most of the boys started hunting at 12 or 13.
    Last edited by Earl; 03-28-2023 at 08:27 AM.

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Leftys have guns too. Most of them do not want to ban guns. I am the exception. There are crazy people who will blow up and do harm. We make it easy for them to do massive damage to groups of people . It is impossible to psychologically profile everybody. The part of the equation we can control is the availability of guns. We should do some work on registering people. You should have to qualify to
    obtain a gun. You should pass classes and have training. Gun owners should carry insurance for the potential damage they might cause
    We have a 2nd generation of children going through the trauma of school shootings. They have to practice active shooter drills. What is that doing to the kids? It is cruel. We can prevent that.
    More cruel than telling a child with a penis that they actually are a girl because they "feel" like a girl? Or that they can lop off body parts parts and "become" a girl? It's amazing what some people think is cruel.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Earl (03-28-2023)

7. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So Anchovies, you say the left doesn’t want to ban guns.

The ambulance chaser just posted:

“I would re-ban Semi-automatic weapons from sale or import into the United States...”

SEMI-AUTOMATIC weapons!

8. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,689 Times in 5,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Your OP was crude and rude...
    Opposing basic laws that would reduce this type of murder is crude and rude.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

9. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-28-2023)

10. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    I had a .410 single shot shotgun a 12 and a 12 gauge shotgun at 14.

Most of the boys started hunting at 12 or 13.
    It wasn't uncommon

11. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,224 Times in 10,695 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Actually as a boy scout we shoot .22 rifles
    My God yes, there was a merit badge for marksmanship. Throwing knives and axes were used at summer camps and I never heard of an eye being shot out. Most universities had shooting ranges in their field houses for rimfire, archery, and air gun shoots. My grandson got his first Ruger American 22 at 12 years old and he and I built his AR15 when he was just turning thirteen.

Poor anchovies led a very sheltered life.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Earl (03-28-2023)

13. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    My God yes, there was a merit badge for marksmanship. Throwing knives and axes were used at summer camps and I never heard of an eye being shot out. Most universities had shooting ranges in their field houses for rimfire, archery, and air gun shoots. My grandson got his first Ruger American 22 at 12 years old and he and I built his AR15 when he was just turning thirteen.

Poor anchovies led a very sheltered life.
    Indeed. I forgot about archery. And we even played that game with those giant lawn darts. No one ever got killed. Amazing. Leftists are morons.

14. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,689 Times in 5,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Leftys have guns too. Most of them do not want to ban guns. I am the exception. There are crazy people who will blow up and do harm. We make it easy for them to do massive damage to groups of people . It is impossible to psychologically profile everybody. The part of the equation we can control is the availability of guns. We should do some work on registering people. You should have to qualify to
    obtain a gun. You should pass classes and have training. Gun owners should carry insurance for the potential damage they might cause
    We have a 2nd generation of children going through the trauma of school shootings. They have to practice active shooter drills. What is that doing to the kids? It is cruel. We can prevent that.
    I have guns, I don’t want guns banned… I want the manufacture sale and import of some guns illegal.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-28-2023)

16. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 Times in 3,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    No I'm not ...that's exactly what this thread is... not letting a good tragedy go to waste..read the OP... I agree with "part of the problem" ... but there's always been access to guns and that has not been an issue in the past... so what really needs to be "cured' are the other parts of the problem...
    Access to guns is obviously an issue. It’s the issue. So-called assault weapons should be banned, their mere possession made unlawful. Gun purchases of all kinds should be outlawed for persons under the age of 21. However onerous these restrictions would be, they are less onerous than our regular occurrence of slaughtered school children.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

17. The Following User Groans At martin For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-28-2023)

18. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Since the shooter is transgender I'd normally expect this to drop from the news but, to the contrary, because the shooter shot up a Christian school I would normally expect this to live on forever in the hearts and minds of every "god fearing" American. I now wonder if it will be the motive that will either kill this story or bring it to international fame...

If we find that the shooter went to that school to "punish them" for believing (and at some point telling them) that acting on homosexual drives is a sin I suspect they'll want this to be an example of both why we need to ban guns and put more "gay and transgender is cool" curricula in our kindergartens and will try to make this story last into the next election cycle. If it turns out that they did it for any other reason than that I suspect mainstream news will spike the story as quickly as they can because they don't want transgender folks to be negatively portrayed in the news cycle.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

19. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 Times in 3,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Since the shooter is transgender I'd normally expect this to drop from the news but, to the contrary, because the shooter shot up a Christian school I would normally expect this to live on forever in the hearts and minds of every "god fearing" American. I now wonder if it will be the motive that will either kill this story or bring it to international fame...

If we find that the shooter went to that school to "punish them" for believing (and at some point telling them) that acting on homosexual drives is a sin I suspect they'll want this to be an example of both why we need to ban guns and put more "gay and transgender is cool" curricula in our kindergartens and will try to make this story last into the next election cycle. If it turns out that they did it for any other reason than that I suspect mainstream news will spike the story as quickly as they can because they don't want transgender folks to be negatively portrayed in the news cycle.
    Do yourself a favor and from now on keep these dumb expectations to yourself.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

20. The Following User Groans At martin For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-28-2023)

21. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Do yourself a favor and from now on keep these dumb expectations to yourself.
    Hmmm... how should I put this so that you will either participate in the conversation or scroll by?

Simple response: No.

Explanation: I feel that expressing an opinion on a site created to express opinions is actually doing what we come here to do.

Conclusion: If you don't like what I say, tell me why you don't like it rather than powerlessly trying to order folks around without being able to provide consequences for your insistence that I act as you want me to act.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Earl (03-28-2023)