Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Inflation falls for eighth consecutive month

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,995 Times in 8,260 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    it is so easy to prove that you are an idiot....
    the inflation leading up to Carter's presidency......from your link.....

the Carter inflation.....from your link....
    If it is easy to prove that I am an idiot, your failure to do so really reflects badly on you.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Inflation fell for the eighth-straight month in February

(CNN) Inflation's temperature came down a little bit more last month, but the Federal Reserve's campaign to bring down high prices has grown even more complex in recent days.

The Consumer Price Index, a closely watched gauge of inflation, showed that annual price increases continued to slow in February, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Tuesday.

CPI measured 6% for the year ended in February, down from January's 6.4% and in line with economists' expectations.

It's the eighth consecutive month that the annual rate has declined and marks the lowest level since September 2021.

"Inflation has peaked, but it hasn't gone into hibernation," said Mark Hamrick, senior economic analyst for Bankrate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ary/index.html
    I thought you were smarter than this. Inflation isn't a real thing.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    You have the same conversation w/ everyone left of center here, and even center. It's projection.
    Occam's Razor would cut that conclusion to "everyone here who is left of center is just as stupid as he is"......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    The OP is actually good news.

I swear - reading some of the responses from the right, it's almost like they have a stake in the economy not doing well.
    says a guy who thinks inflation, still higher than it has been in any presidency since Carter, is progress.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It has nothing to do with Biden or his policies. .
    it has EVERYTHING to do with fuel and trasportation costs........and the rise in those costs has everything to do with Biden's idiotic plan to bankrupt the oil industry.......how stupid can you people be.......he said he was going to do it, you elected him to do it, you accused him of not doing it fast enough, he pointed out to you what he did to fill his promises to you......

this is the result........

“No more drilling. There is no more drilling,” Biden snapped at a young woman in the crowd. “I haven’t formed any new drilling.”

“There are at least five more years of offshore drilling,” the woman shouted back. “— in the Atlantic or the Pacific but in the Antarctic and off the gulf of New Mexico.”

“That was before I was president,” Biden responded. “We’re trying to work on that and get that done.”
    https://victorygirlsblog.com/biden-s...heckler-in-ny/

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    If it is easy to prove that I am an idiot, your failure to do so really reflects badly on you.
    if Nixon is to blame for Carter's inflation, why did the inflation that existed under Nixon go down before Carter was elected and then start to go up again after his election?.......

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,902 Times in 7,962 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

it has EVERYTHING to do with fuel and trasportation costs........and the rise in those costs has everything to do with Biden's idiotic plan to bankrupt the oil industry.......how stupid can you people be.......he said he was going to do it, you elected him to do it, you accused him of not doing it fast enough, he pointed out to you what he did to fill his promises to you......

this is the result........
    Fucking idiot Trump jizz guzzler bullshit ^^^^

Trump's boyfriend Vlad The (Orange Asshole) Impaler had more to do with increased fuel costs and the ripple effect that it caused worldwide, than some political remarks, you fucking simple-minded Bible thumper jackass.

Throw in a worldwide pandemic that interrupted supply lines which caused shortages and together they are so obviously the culprit, that only a lowlife, lying, right-wing Trump dick sucking fake Xtian retard like you would try to claim Biden and his policies were to blame.

But I understand how you and your little group of gay republican propaganda faggots aka the "Victory Girls" get aroused by spouting off lies about Biden, after which you stroke and spout all over each other.

So go ahead and knock yourselves out, "girls".
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

if Nixon is to blame for Carter's inflation, why did the inflation that existed under Nixon go down before Carter was elected and then start to go up again after his election?.......
    The economy goes up and down in cycles, you semi-literate Bible sucker.

It often times takes years for the effects of the economic policies of elected officials to show their effects in the economy.

If you had half the brain you think you have, or if you weren't such a dedicated right-wing liar, you'd have known that.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,995 Times in 8,260 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

if Nixon is to blame for Carter's inflation
    Nixon is to blame for Nixon's inflation. You keep trying to blame inflation that started long before Carter on Carter.

Can you give us a reason to blame Carter for Nixon's inflation?
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump's boyfriend Vlad The (Orange Asshole) Impaler had more to do with increased fuel costs and the ripple effect that it caused worldwide, than some political remarks, you fucking simple-minded Bible thumper jackass. .
    odd then that inflation preceded his invasion....but then Biden is to blame for the invasion, err.....the mild incursion...... of Ukraine as well........

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Nixon is to blame for Nixon's inflation. You keep trying to blame inflation that started long before Carter on Carter.

Can you give us a reason to blame Carter for Nixon's inflation?
    no one is....we are blaming Carter for the inflation of 1977-1980.......

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

odd then that inflation preceded his invasion....but then Biden is to blame for the invasion, err.....the mild incursion...... of Ukraine as well........
    Biden had been in office just over one year when Putin invaded Ukraine.

COVID started on Trump's watch and preceded Biden's inauguration by one year.

Had Trump taken decisive action against it, it very likely would not have become the health crisis that it became.

Maybe tens of thousands fewer people would have died, and the economy would not have been affected to the degree that it was.

Unfortunately, Trump was more interested in his poll numbers and getting reelected than he was in doing his job as President.

So he sat on his thumb, called the pandemic "fake news" and did nothing until after the horse was out of the barn.

All to make his brainwashed zombie cult followers happy.

What an Einstooge you must be.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. The Following User Groans At Nomad For This Awful Post:

serendipity (03-18-2023)

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Had Trump taken decisive action against it, it very likely would not have become the health crisis that it became.

Maybe tens of thousands fewer people would have died, and the economy would not have been affected to the degree that it was.

Unfortunately, Trump was more interested in his poll numbers and getting reelected than he was in doing his job as President.

So he sat on his thumb, called the pandemic "fake news" and did nothing until after the horse was out of the barn.

and inflation started when Biden became president and jacked up fuel and transportation expenses.......before he let Putin invade Ukraine....which is the topic we are discussung......not your lies.....

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,179 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 133 Times in 128 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Inflation is increase, yes. But the increase didn't decrease (indeed it continued its increase). The RATE of increase decreased. So again, inflation didn't fall, the rate of inflation decreased some.
    That's way too subtle for Barbender Effete!

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,179 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 133 Times in 128 Posts
    Blog Entries

So Operation Warpspeed was taking no action ffs, you're an imbecile! There is absolutely no way that Biden would have done that, he'd have just handed everything over to the CDC and FDA.