Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,814 Times in 27,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Default Inflation falls for eighth consecutive month

Inflation fell for the eighth-straight month in February

(CNN) Inflation's temperature came down a little bit more last month, but the Federal Reserve's campaign to bring down high prices has grown even more complex in recent days.

The Consumer Price Index, a closely watched gauge of inflation, showed that annual price increases continued to slow in February, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Tuesday.

CPI measured 6% for the year ended in February, down from January's 6.4% and in line with economists' expectations.

It's the eighth consecutive month that the annual rate has declined and marks the lowest level since September 2021.

"Inflation has peaked, but it hasn't gone into hibernation," said Mark Hamrick, senior economic analyst for Bankrate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ary/index.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-17-2023), Nomad (03-17-2023), signalmankenneth (03-17-2023)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,420 Times in 8,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,734 Times in 2,537 Posts

Inflation keeps falling, but it is hard work. Does anyone really think trump would have put in the hard work to get down inflation? trump does not do work.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Cypress (03-17-2023), Guno צְבִי (03-17-2023), Joe Capitalist (04-05-2023), Nomad (03-17-2023), signalmankenneth (03-17-2023)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,814 Times in 27,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Inflation keeps falling, but it is hard work. Does anyone really think trump would have put in the hard work to get down inflation? trump does not do work.
    This high inflation seems to be persistent worldwide.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-17-2023), Nomad (03-17-2023), Walt (03-17-2023)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    America has one of the lower inflation rates.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-17-2023)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,003 Times in 32,308 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

Biden's energy policy fucked up the whole world.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

inflation is still worse than it has been since Jimmy Carter........don't pretend it isn't still a problem......this is just like when you idiots claim the federal deficit is going down when it isn't as atrociously high as it was the previous year.......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    inflation is still worse than it has been since Jimmy Carter........don't pretend it isn't still a problem......this is just like when you idiots claim the federal deficit is going down when it isn't as atrociously high as it was the previous year.......
    Last time it was this high was 1982, when Reagan was President, not Carter.

It is a real problem, that is really being solved, through real hard work. Does anyone think trump would be putting in the hard work?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-17-2023), Joe Capitalist (04-05-2023), Nomad (03-17-2023)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I remember Reagan......he's the guy who inherited Carter's inflation and stopped it.......nice try but your ignorance is transparent....

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I remember Reagan......he's the guy who inherited Carter's inflation and stopped it.......nice try but your ignorance is transparent....
    The 1970's inflation was started by Nixon and his compliant Fed Chairman, Burns, ginned up the economy to get Nixon reelected. It caused high inflation that lasted for almost a decade. Carter's appointee to the Fed, Volcker, gave the economy a huge amount of pain, but stopped inflation. Many point to that economic pain as the reason Carter did not win reelection.

You admit your first post claiming that the last time inflation was this high, Carter was President was completely wrong. Now admit that the inflation started with Nixon, and ended with Carter's appointee.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

The 1970's inflation was started by Nixon and his compliant Fed Chairman, Burns, ginned up the economy to get Nixon reelected. It caused high inflation that lasted for almost a decade. Carter's appointee to the Fed, Volcker, gave the economy a huge amount of pain, but stopped inflation. Many point to that economic pain as the reason Carter did not win reelection.

You admit your first post claiming that the last time inflation was this high, Carter was President was completely wrong. Now admit that the inflation started with Nixon, and ended with Carter's appointee.
    double digit interest rates and inflation was all Carter jackass, your lies are tiresome and boring
    Doc Dutch finally admits he is a steaming pile of chickenshit!

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Why admit something that is false? The seeds for the 70's inflation were planted in the '60's and Fed Chairman Bill Martin acknowledged the Fed's failures under his watch, especially from '65 to '70.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

as usual, you are wrong about absolutely everything you say.....

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is a real problem, that is really being solved, through real hard work. Does anyone think trump would be putting in the hard work?
    Trump didn't have to.......he didn't cause any inflation during HIS presidency.....

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump didn't have to.......he didn't cause any inflation during HIS presidency.....
    The stimulus bills when trump was president, along with the pandemic while he was president did cause about three quarters of our inflation. In other words, trump caused more of the inflation than Biden did.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The stimulus bills when trump was president, along with the pandemic while he was president did cause about three quarters of our inflation. In other words, trump caused more of the inflation than Biden did.
    lol......Biden caused all of it, silly cunt......