Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: JPP Experts

1. #451 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Looks like I sent you off to do a 20 minute internet research project. You don't have much of a life on weekends, eh?
    You are a dick.

You didn't say that chemistry used quantum concepts. Though I can understand why you would want to backtrack and modify your original assertion.
    No.

You said that quantum mechanics was the very heart of the science of chemistry.
    And I stand by it. Why do you think I taught you chemistry here.

Other than presenting students with the (technically incorrect) Bohr model of the atom, introductory college chemistry classes deal with quantum mechanics in a very superficial way, and they certainly don't do anymore than lip service at best to most basic quantum concepts, which are covered with much more rigour and depth in physics classes.

My challenge to you again is to contact ten universities, and tell them you want a graduate degree in quantum mechanics, and then observe if they refer you to the physics department or the biogeochem department
    All I need to know I now know. You never had a chemistry class. Or if you did it was so remedial as to be less than a high school class.

That means you didn't get a geology degree anytime in the last 50-70 years.

Ergo: you are lying about having a geology degree.

QED.

2. #452 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because you were caught red handed stealing syntax and language from internet sources and passing them off as your own. You do ten to 20 minutes of internet research to write a large fraction of your posts.

I don't do any Internet research on this thread and I write using my own words with the innate knowledge I have acquired. That's why I don't spend as much time here as you.

You didn't say chemistry used quantum concepts.

You said quantum mechanics was the very heart of the science of chemistry.

Nope. It is not the core and the heart of the science of chemistry.

I did just take a gander at the OpenStax introductory chemistry textbook used by the university of NorthGeorgia. About 30 pages out of more than 1,300 pages directly dealt with quantum mechanics; wave particle duality was mentioned only in passing and in the most cursory way; and many fundamental quantum concepts were completely absent
    It has now been shown that you didn't have any chemistry class or a very remedial one. That means you didn't get a geology degree (they require at least intro chemistry).

Ergo you are a liar.

Sorry.

3. #453 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,294 Times in 27,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Phimosis View Post
    It has now been shown that you didn't have any chemistry class or a very remedial one. That means you didn't get a geology degree (they require at least intro chemistry).

Ergo you are a liar.

Sorry.
    All the bloviating, internet research, plagiarism, and paraphrasing you do doesn't distract from this simple experimental challenge:

Starting today, I challenge you to contact ten universities, tell them you want a graduate degree in quantum mechanics, and then observe how all ten schools will refer you to their physics departments.

If QM really were the heart and core of the science of chemistry, this experiment should show whether your claim was true or false.

4. #454 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ergo you are a liar.

Sorry.
    No, it shows that you lied about having a glorious 'biogeochem' PhD, and you may not have even had introductory chemistry.

The introductory Chemistry textbook I looked at yesterday, and the one I had in college had maybe about 30 pages out of more than one thousand pages directly dealing with quantum mechanics (mainly just the Bohr model of the atom). Wave particle duality was mentioned only in passing and in the most cursory way. And many fundamental quantum concepts were completely absent.

You claimed that QM was the very heart and core of the science of chemistry.

You didn't say that chemistry merely used some QM concepts. Cell phones use QM concepts too.

5. #455 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

All the bloviating, internet research, plagiarism, and paraphrasing you do doesn't distract from this simple experimental challenge:

Starting today, I challenge you to contact ten universities, tell them you want a graduate degree in quantum mechanics, and then observe how all ten schools will refer you to their physics departments.

If QM really were the heart and core of the science of chemistry, this experiment should show whether your claim was true or false.
    You didn't have a chemistry class. Ergo you don't have a geology degree. Ergo you are a liar.

Sorry.

6. #456 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, it shows that you lied about having a glorious 'biogeochem' PhD, and you may not have even had introductory chemistry.

The introductory Chemistry textbook I looked at yesterday, and the one I had in college had maybe about 30 pages out of more than one thousand pages directly dealing with quantum mechanics (mainly just the Bohr model of the atom). Wave particle duality was mentioned only in passing and in the most cursory way. And many fundamental quantum concepts were completely absent.

You claimed that QM was the very heart and core of the science of chemistry.

You didn't say that chemistry merely used some QM concepts. Cell phones use QM concepts too.
    You have never had a chemistry class. Ergo you are not a geologist. Ergo you are a liar.

(If you had to go online to find a chem textbook it means you don't have one of your own which, again, means you ain't much of a scientist. The fact that you had to verify it for yourself NOW instead of knowing because you had a chem class is all I needed to know. You are a lying sack of shit).

7. #457 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You didn't have a chemistry class. Ergo you don't have a geology degree. Ergo you are a liar.

Sorry.
    So you won't accept my challenge, and I understand why.

8. #458 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you won't accept my challenge, and I understand why.
    Your challenge is stupid. It's because you don't know what you are talking about here. Yes QM has a significant part of physics but it is the core of chemistry. The fact that you don't know this is all I need to know how little chemistry you have had. And because I actually DO have a geology degree I know you have to have chemistry to get one. So I know you are a liar.

So far on this thread I've been the only one to post any science. All you ever do is whine.

All I need to know.

Poser.

9. #459 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your challenge is stupid. It's because you don't know what you are talking about here. Yes QM has a significant part of physics but it is the core of chemistry. The fact that you don't know this is all I need to know how little chemistry you have had. And because I actually DO have a geology degree I know you have to have chemistry to get one. So I know you are a liar.

So far on this thread I've been the only one to post any science. All you ever do is whine.

All I need to know.

Poser.
    You're the only one willing to do 20 minutes of internet research, frantic googling, plagiarize, and paraphrase to write a response on this thread.

The rest of us are writing our own words based on our own acquired innate knowledge.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Into the Night (03-20-2023)

11. #460 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're the only one willing to do 20 minutes of internet research, frantic googling, plagiarize, and paraphrase to write a response on this thread.
    Or actually know the stuff. But your ego is so fragile you cannot imagine someone would know this stuff.

The rest of us are writing our own words based on our own acquired innate knowledge.
    Is that why you never post anything of any scientific value?

I am onto your game now, fraud. I know you for what you are. You are a poser. Fake geophysicist. LOL. (Next time try choosing a degree you can actually fake your way through when online)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Guinefort For This Post:

13. #461 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Or actually know the stuff. But your ego is so fragile you cannot imagine someone would know this stuff.

Is that why you never post anything of any scientific value?

I am onto your game now, fraud. I know you for what you are. You are a poser. Fake geophysicist. LOL. (Next time try choosing a degree you can actually fake your way through when online)
    Frantically googling tidbits of scientific information off the cuff to plagiarize and paraphrase a response on a message board is not a good way to learn science.

A proper depth and scope of a basic working knowledge of the sciences requires hard work and commitment.

Paraphrasing what you found on Wikipedia, and passing it off as your own words is not a sign of scientific literacy and competency.

Not to mention, lying about a glorious 'biogeochem' PhD is just flagrantly dishonest.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

15. #462 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cypress and Perry should post images of their credentials with their names blacked out to solve this argument.
    In fact if only one did it and not the other that would solve it too.
    Otherwise this is nothing more than a pissing contest.
    Would be interesting.

16. #463 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Frantically googling tidbits of scientific information off the cuff to plagiarize and paraphrase a response on a message board is not a good way to learn science.

A proper depth and scope of a basic working knowledge of the sciences requires hard work and commitment.

Paraphrasing what you found on Wikipedia, and passing it off as your own words is not a sign of scientific literacy and competency.

Not to mention, lying about a glorious 'biogeochem' PhD is just flagrantly dishonest.

I know all I need to know now. You don't know any chemistry. Ergo you didn't get a geology degree. Ergo you are a lying sack of shit.

You know at one point I actually kinda believed you might be a geologist. Now I know better. You don't even know basic chemistry they teach high school kids, let alone college kids.

17. #464 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Cypress and Perry should post images of their credentials with their names blacked out to solve this argument.
    In fact if only one did it and not the other that would solve it too.
    Otherwise this is nothing more than a pissing contest.
    Would be interesting.
    I prefer to post science instead. Something I've done repeatedly on this thread. Cypress never does. That's because he can't.

18. #465 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

I prefer to post science instead. Something I've done repeatedly on this thread. Cypress never does. That's because he can't.
    I took two semesters of PChem sometime last century, forgot it all , so I can’t tell which of you are bullshitting (although you seem legit).
    The majority that post here never even had freshman chemistry so they don’t have a clue what you two are talking about.
    Ergo, you two are wasting your time, a pissing contest.