Thread: JPP Experts

1. #346 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,930 Times in 11,517 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Unlike you, I never claimed to be an expert, but I did take the Electrical Engineering courses when I got my Computer Engineering bachelors degree. I have the educational background to become a licensed Electrical Engineer.

I am sure you feel your elementary school understanding of mathematics and science makes you an expert, but I am here to tell you that you are wrong.
    You are no electrical engineer or even a computer engineer. You've already shown you know nothing about physics, electricity, mathematics, or even data structures or program structures. You just cut and paste stuff from the internet.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

2. #347 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Well, I'm not an electrical engineer. Instead, I'm the guy that calls up the electrical engineer that made the print I'm looking at and tells him "What the fuck were you thinking? This screwed up worse than a soup sandwich! It's gonna be a sea of red fucking ink by the time I get this shit installed. Fuck you very much you goddamned retard!"
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

3. #348 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    You might have to apologize to some electrical engineers for confusing them with poor technical writers.
    Nah. Some electrical engineers design some really wacky shit. It's often up to some guy like T.A. Gardner to make it actually work.
    You see, just as there are incompetent lawyers, incompetent preachers, incompetent politicians, incompetent pilots, incompetent scientists, etc., there are incompetent engineers, including electrical engineers.

4. #349 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Phimosis View Post
    LOL. I wasn't an oilfield brat like you probably were (assuming you aren't just lying about being a "geophysicist", which I think is more likely). So my sed-strat stuff didn't end up being a huge thing for me. Especially since I wound up working as a chemist rather than a geologist.

Nope. It's how we did it back in the 80's and 90's. You may be too young. As a geologist back in those days you had 3 things of supreme value for you: your statdler pens, your brunton and a nice rock hammer.

(Kudos on the googling).

You are young, obviously. I go tmy BS in '86 so we all had to do our drafting manually. It was before software and GIS. I think it gave you a better connection to the formations. When you have to draw all the little dashes for the shales you really got it in your head this was a shale. It wasn't until about '90 that I had access to a computerized system. It was a crude system written in C for entering in borehole data from coal measures in the Illinois Basin. Took old written well logs recorded by the geologists sitting the wells and it did require a bit of knowledge about the formations and correlations.

Field camp was also mapping by hand on an old Plane table and Alidade. And you drew the maps by hand afterwards.

Those who came before you spoiled brats had to do it all by hand. You wouldn't have lasted even through your undergrad if you had to do it by hand. If you think the Stadtler pens were like crayons that's because you never had to learn that skill.
    You are no geologist. You are no chemist either. You are not a pilot. You are not a psychoanalyst. You are not a computer engineer. You are not an electrical engineer. Stop making shit up about yourself.

5. #350 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am a chemist by career. Geochemist by degree. Sorry you are confused. You wouldn't understand chemistry (as has been shown) so you wouldn't understand how one could make the jump.

You probably just sit wells and data enter. You didn't learn how REAL geology was done. LOL.
    You are not a chemist. There is no such thing as a 'geochemist'. You are not a geologist. Stop making shit up about yourself.

6. #351 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Some of us have had the pleasure over the last several months of dealing with a self-proclaimed "biogeochemist" PhD who copy-pastes from Wikipedia. Lucky us. He likes to talk about "organic carbon" ... like that's a thing.

I feel for you.
    Yah. He disappeared for awhile, but like you predicted, he couldn't deal with the lack of attention and returned with his BS.

7. #352 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    They are required by law to sign off and put their PE seal on the drawings. They're the responsible party. If their underlings are idiots and the PE signed off on it, it's the PE's fault.
    That it is. Some of those yo-yos are real incompetent. I've seen electrical engineers that didn't know how to strip a wire. I've seen mechanical engineers that didn't know how to run a drill press. I've seen electronics engineers that didn't know which end of a soldering to hold. I've seen civil engineers that have no idea that cars need a radius to turn.

It was up to the techs, the electricians, and the builders to correct it.

Now to be fair, most engineers are pretty good at what they do. But then there are those others....

8. #353 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Now you're just boring me.

I don't care about your imaginary 'geochem' PhD, or about your little stadtler pens and crayons you were using in some freshman class.

I spent almost 30 years using advanced stratigraphic, 3d seismic, ArcMap GIS software platforms for stratigraphic, structural, geophysical, and spatial analysis.

I don't have the interest or inclination to hear about your adventures with your stadtler pens and coloring pencils. Maybe there isn't an eight year old here you can regale with tales of your pen and coloring pencil creations. Carry on.
    LOL. You still don't get it do you? You could (and probably did) google all the terms you put down. But I actually said something that cannot be googled. LOL.

If you are a geologist you probably suck pretty badly because even simple logic evades you.

9. #354 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Some of us have had the pleasure over the last several months of dealing with a self-proclaimed "biogeochemist" PhD who copy-pastes from Wikipedia. Lucky us. He likes to talk about "organic carbon" ... like that's a thing.

I feel for you.
    You do realize that when someone says "organic carbon" they are differentiating it from carbon in inorganics like carbonates and carbides, right?

10. #355 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    You are not a chemist. There is no such thing as a 'geochemist'. You are not a geologist. Stop making shit up about yourself.
    LOL. Why don't you shut up, Sybil.

11. #356 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    You are no geologist. You are no chemist either. You are not a pilot. You are not a psychoanalyst. You are not a computer engineer. You are not an electrical engineer. Stop making shit up about yourself.

12. #357 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

LOL. You still don't get it do you? You could (and probably did) google all the terms you put down. But I actually said something that cannot be googled. LOL.

If you are a geologist you probably suck pretty badly because even simple logic evades you.
    You sound like a 15 year old. Staedtler pens can be googled.
    I never said I didn't know what Stadtler pens were.

I said it was embarrassing for you to boast about using your little Straedtler pens and coloring pencils, because professional geologists for decades have been using advanced computer software to do stratigraphic analysis and mapping.

Everyone in this thread is onto your act.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-19-2023)

14. #358 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

You do realize that when someone says "organic carbon" they are differentiating it from carbon in inorganics like carbonates and carbides, right?
    Incorrect. You do realize that when pretending to discuss chemistry, that C does not come with any XML tags denoting orign or history. All C is equivalent.

One would certainly be welcome to discuss inorganic vs organic carbon upon switching to that topic and defining ones terms, but if one is copy-pasting in a chemistry discussion and refuses to clarify mention of "organic carbon" then one will get mocked for it. All C is equivalent and every chemist should know that.

I do appreciate your point, however, because perhaps now I can try raising this issue from the perspective you mention. Thank you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

Into the Night (03-19-2023)

16. #359 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

LOL. I wasn't an oilfield brat like you probably were (assuming you aren't just lying about being a "geophysicist", which I think is more likely). So my sed-strat stuff didn't end up being a huge thing for me. Especially since I wound up working as a chemist rather than a geologist.

Nope. It's how we did it back in the 80's and 90's. You may be too young. As a geologist back in those days you had 3 things of supreme value for you: your statdler pens, your brunton and a nice rock hammer.

(Kudos on the googling).

You are young, obviously. I go tmy BS in '86 so we all had to do our drafting manually. It was before software and GIS. I think it gave you a better connection to the formations. When you have to draw all the little dashes for the shales you really got it in your head this was a shale. It wasn't until about '90 that I had access to a computerized system. It was a crude system written in C for entering in borehole data from coal measures in the Illinois Basin. Took old written well logs recorded by the geologists sitting the wells and it did require a bit of knowledge about the formations and correlations.

Field camp was also mapping by hand on an old Plane table and Alidade. And you drew the maps by hand afterwards.

Those who came before you spoiled brats had to do it all by hand. You wouldn't have lasted even through your undergrad if you had to do it by hand. If you think the Stadtler pens were like crayons that's because you never had to learn that skill.
    Boasting about your undergrad geology class and your little pens and pencils, is like a teenager boasting about his first science faire project.

No professional career geoscientist is patrolling obscure message boards and bragging about their pen, coloring pencils, and crayon collection.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-19-2023)

18. #360 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

LOL. Why don't you shut up, Sybil.
    Plagiarism. You know better than to take the works of others, in this case of King Juán Carlos of Spain, and pass it off as your own.

p.s. Into the Night isn't anyone's sock, nor is gfm7175. If you really aren't smart enough to discern the difference, at least you'll know that your problems are all on your end. Don't let others do your thinking for you.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

Into the Night (03-19-2023)