Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: JPP Experts

1. #331 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 2,031 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Phimosis View Post
    You didn't learn how REAL geology was done.
    Don't keep us in suspense. How is REAL geology done. I wasn't aware that geology was "done." Are you saying that you can put a fork in it? I was under the strange impression that geology was a collection of models, to include chemistry models.

... but geology is "done" you say. I'm all ears.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

2. #332 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,927 Times in 13,194 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    You might have to apologize to some electrical engineers for confusing them with poor technical writers.
    They are required by law to sign off and put their PE seal on the drawings. They're the responsible party. If their underlings are idiots and the PE signed off on it, it's the PE's fault.

3. #333 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I'm not surprised someone who lies about having a glorious 'geochem' Phd is also stealing language from Wikipedia and using Chat-whatever. I don't need those because I write in my own words.

I am seriously embarrassed for you that you attempted to impress me with tales about your little Straedtler pens, coloring pencils and paper/velum cross sections.

Professionals use advanced proprietary software to conduct stratigraphic and lithologic analysis on geophysical logs and seismic data.
    One other thing: The reason I mentioned the stadtler pens was because it is something all geologists over the age of 50 know but you can't "google" that sort of info.

The fact that you missed it tells me either you are young or you are not a geologist.

4. #334 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

One other thing: The reason I mentioned the stadtler pens was because it is something all geologists over the age of 50 know but you can't "google" that sort of info.

The fact that you missed it tells me either you are young or you are not a geologist.
    Now you're just boring me.

I don't care about your imaginary 'geochem' PhD, or about your little stadtler pens and crayons you were using in some freshman class.

I spent almost 30 years using advanced stratigraphic, 3d seismic, ArcMap GIS software platforms for stratigraphic, structural, geophysical, and spatial analysis.

I don't have the interest or inclination to hear about your adventures with your stadtler pens and coloring pencils. Maybe there isn't an eight year old here you can regale with tales of your pen and coloring pencil creations. Carry on.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-18-2023), Guno צְבִי (03-18-2023)

6. #335 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Some of us have had the pleasure over the last several months of dealing with a self-proclaimed "biogeochemist" PhD who copy-pastes from Wikipedia. Lucky us. He likes to talk about "organic carbon" ... like that's a thing.

I feel for you.
    Oh, so I'm not the only one who thinks the whole glorious "biogeochemist" PhD story is bogus, and that the stealing language from Wikipedia is utterly transparent.

7. #336 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh, so I'm not the only one who thinks the whole glorious "biogeochemist" PhD story is bogus, and that the stealing language from Wikipedia is utterly transparent.
    You are not the only one. I did a little research on the subject HERE just to lay it to rest.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

8. #337 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Now you're just boring me.

I don't care about your imaginary 'geochem' PhD, or about your little stadtler pens and crayons you were using in some freshman class.

I spent almost 30 years using advanced stratigraphic, 3d seismic, ArcMap GIS software platforms for stratigraphic, structural, geophysical, and spatial analysis.

I don't have the interest or inclination to hear about your adventures with your stadtler pens and coloring pencils. Maybe there isn't an eight year old here you can regale with tales of your pen and coloring pencil creations. Carry on.
    You have to admit that Perry is very adept at using Google and Wiki.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (03-18-2023)

10. #338 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are not the only one. I did a little research on the subject HERE just to lay it to rest.
    Did Into the Night and gfm7175 hold your hand while you did your "little research", Sybil?

11. #339 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Did Into the Night and gfm7175 hold your hand while you did your "little research", Sybil?
    How could they do that? They are me, as is Cypress.

You are overdue for listing off my eleven other socks.

12. #340 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,927 Times in 13,194 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Geology...

13. #341 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    You have to admit that Perry is very adept at using Google and Wiki.
    A fake PhD is going to have to plagiarize or paraphrase the words of real PhDs to attempt to pull off the whole glorious 'biogeochem" PhD act.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-18-2023)

15. #342 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How could they do that? They are me, as is Cypress.

You are overdue for listing off my eleven other socks.
    Sybil, you're like talking to a smart 6-year-old who thinks he's convincing me that the dog threw a baseball through the window.

AFAIK, you only have the 3 accounts, although I did see a fourth possibility. "Spot the sock" is a good game.

16. #343 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL. Like you have ever done stratigraphy. LOL. I remember the old days drafting by hand entire columns using those Stadtler pens. And there's ZERO chance you've ever done a correlation of anything let alone a fence diagram.

You're a joke. No one believes you are a geologist. That's why you never say anything geologic. You know you'd have to google it and then you'd be shown up for not even knowing what the words meant.
    Cutting and pasting from Wikipedia again, eh?
    You are no geologist.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

17. #344 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A fake PhD is going to have to plagiarize or paraphrase the words of real PhDs to attempt to pull off the whole glorious 'biogeochem" PhD act.
    Agreed. The problem for him was keeping up the persona. He couldn't handle it and broke into anger. `It was his lack of maturity that caught my attention. Highly educated people are a lot more mature and self-disciplined than he was able to consistently demonstrate.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (03-18-2023)

19. #345 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I deny education?
    I think you will find it is you claiming that education is just indoctrination, and has no value.
    Pivot fallacy. Buzzword fallacy. Your indoctrination is not education.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams