Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: JPP Experts

1. #316 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I barely know what ChatGBT and wouldn't know how to use it.
    LOL. Not surprised.

The fact that you are stealing language and syntax from Wikipedia and stressing out about me using Chat GBT actually sounds like a confession.
    You desperately need me to be more ignorant of geology than you are. Too bad for you.

You really should pay more attention to what is going on in the world. It's ChatGPT, moron. What kind of idiot hasn't heard that acronym by now?????

2. #317 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Explain precisely to me why I should spend my Saturday morning writing about my career to an anonymous resentful poster who lies about having a PhD and steals language from Wikipedia and ChatGBT.
    Because you might want to learn some geology. It will up your game when you want people to think you are a "geophysicist". LOL.

3. #318 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seismic processors deal with signal noise and cleaning up the data. Seismic interpreters map acoustic properties and impedance variation in rocks and sediments to reveal structure and stratigraphy.
    LOL. Like you have ever done stratigraphy. LOL. I remember the old days drafting by hand entire columns using those Stadtler pens. And there's ZERO chance you've ever done a correlation of anything let alone a fence diagram.

You're a joke. No one believes you are a geologist. That's why you never say anything geologic. You know you'd have to google it and then you'd be shown up for not even knowing what the words meant.

4. #319 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,312 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    And you deny it all.
    I deny education? I think you will find it is you claiming that education is just indoctrination, and has no value.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

5. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

The Sage of Main Street (03-20-2023)

6. #320 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,312 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    You are not experts. You deny engineering, science, mathematics, and logic.
    Unlike you, I never claimed to be an expert, but I did take the Electrical Engineering courses when I got my Computer Engineering bachelors degree. I have the educational background to become a licensed Electrical Engineer.

I am sure you feel your elementary school understanding of mathematics and science makes you an expert, but I am here to tell you that you are wrong.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

7. #321 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,642 Times in 27,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Phimosis View Post
    LOL. Like you have ever done stratigraphy. LOL. I remember the old days drafting by hand entire columns using those Stadtler pens. And there's ZERO chance you've ever done a correlation of anything let alone a fence diagram.

You're a joke.
    So you managed to Google a few words of stratigraphy, but you don't have the knowledge or background to realize how stupid you sound.

Creating cross sections with Stadtler pens is like a child boasting about making drawings with crayons.

As professionals we were trained in sequence stratigraphy, chronostratigraphy, and seismic stratigraphy using geophysical logs and top of the line stratigraphic and seismic analysis proprietary software like Landmark's Stratworks.

8. #322 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,642 Times in 27,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Phimosis View Post
    LOL. Not surprised.

You desperately need me to be more ignorant of geology than you are. Too bad for you.

You really should pay more attention to what is going on in the world. It's ChatGPT, moron. What kind of idiot hasn't heard that acronym by now?????
    I'm not surprised someone who lies about having a glorious 'geochem' Phd is also stealing language from Wikipedia and using Chat-whatever. I don't need those because I write in my own words.

I am seriously embarrassed for you that you attempted to impress me with tales about your little Straedtler pens, coloring pencils and paper/velum cross sections.

Professionals use advanced proprietary software to conduct stratigraphic and lithologic analysis on geophysical logs and seismic data.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-18-2023)

10. #323 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,819 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I deny education? I think you will find it is you claiming that education is just indoctrination, and has no value.
    When leftists shout "education!" they mean "indoctrination of our children into Marxism so we can easily control the next generation!" which of course has no value to anyone except to the leftists shouting "education!" When leftists shout "Support our children!" they mean "Give more power to the teachers' union and alleviate their debilitating accountability to parents for results!"

"Education" is the left's euphemism for "fascism."

Maybe when Into the Night offers to teach you something, you should consider checking your hatred for learning at the door and take some notes. You might find it useful not being as stupid as a 25-lb bag of compost.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

Into the Night (03-18-2023)

12. #324 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,244 Times in 13,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

I got the T-shirt...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

14. #325 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,244 Times in 13,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Unlike you, I never claimed to be an expert, but I did take the Electrical Engineering courses when I got my Computer Engineering bachelors degree. I have the educational background to become a licensed Electrical Engineer.

I am sure you feel your elementary school understanding of mathematics and science makes you an expert, but I am here to tell you that you are wrong.
    Well, I'm not an electrical engineer. Instead, I'm the guy that calls up the electrical engineer that made the print I'm looking at and tells him "What the fuck were you thinking? This screwed up worse than a soup sandwich! It's gonna be a sea of red fucking ink by the time I get this shit installed. Fuck you very much you goddamned retard!"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

16. #326 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Unlike you, I never claimed to be an expert,
    Hey moron, I am the one claiming to be the expert, not anybody else, so stop assigning bogus positions to other people you fucking shit for brains. Why don't you tell me your problems so I can rip you the new one that you've always wanted?

... but I did take the Electrical Engineering courses when I got my Computer Engineering bachelors degree.
    Big fucking deal. Everybody took those courses, didn't they? What schlep doesn't know that material like the fucking back of his hand? Are you somehow looking for fucking bonus points?

Do you have a point or did you just wake up this morning and decide to waste some bandwidth today?

I have the educational background to become a licensed Electrical Engineer.
    So you're not a licensed electrical engineer. That's all you had to write. It's not any sort of religious title so you don't have to write it in upper case.

Easy there, shit for brains ... I'll be the judge here, and ... you're an idiot. You don't get to declare the education of others, and Into the Night has more than amply demonstrated his education. You, on the other hand, haven't demonstrated anything beyond your ability to distinguish between a keyboard and a mouse, which shows that with enough practice, almost anyone can learn almost anything.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

17. #327 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Well, I'm not an electrical engineer. Instead, I'm the guy that calls up the electrical engineer that made the print I'm looking at and tells him "What the fuck were you thinking? This screwed up worse than a soup sandwich! It's gonna be a sea of red fucking ink by the time I get this shit installed. Fuck you very much you goddamned retard!"
    You might have to apologize to some electrical engineers for confusing them with poor technical writers.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

19. #328 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you managed to Google a few words of stratigraphy, but you don't have the knowledge or background to realize how stupid you sound.
    LOL. I wasn't an oilfield brat like you probably were (assuming you aren't just lying about being a "geophysicist", which I think is more likely). So my sed-strat stuff didn't end up being a huge thing for me. Especially since I wound up working as a chemist rather than a geologist.

Creating cross sections with Stadtler pens is like a child boasting about making drawings with crayons.
    Nope. It's how we did it back in the 80's and 90's. You may be too young. As a geologist back in those days you had 3 things of supreme value for you: your statdler pens, your brunton and a nice rock hammer.

As professionals we were trained in sequence stratigraphy, chronostratigraphy, and seismic stratigraphy using geophysical logs and top of the line stratigraphic and seismic analysis proprietary software like Landmark's Stratworks.
    (Kudos on the googling).

You are young, obviously. I go tmy BS in '86 so we all had to do our drafting manually. It was before software and GIS. I think it gave you a better connection to the formations. When you have to draw all the little dashes for the shales you really got it in your head this was a shale. It wasn't until about '90 that I had access to a computerized system. It was a crude system written in C for entering in borehole data from coal measures in the Illinois Basin. Took old written well logs recorded by the geologists sitting the wells and it did require a bit of knowledge about the formations and correlations.

Field camp was also mapping by hand on an old Plane table and Alidade. And you drew the maps by hand afterwards.

Those who came before you spoiled brats had to do it all by hand. You wouldn't have lasted even through your undergrad if you had to do it by hand. If you think the Stadtler pens were like crayons that's because you never had to learn that skill.

20. #329 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Professionals use advanced proprietary software to conduct stratigraphic and lithologic analysis on geophysical logs and seismic data.
    I am a chemist by career. Geochemist by degree. Sorry you are confused. You wouldn't understand chemistry (as has been shown) so you wouldn't understand how one could make the jump.

You probably just sit wells and data enter. You didn't learn how REAL geology was done. LOL.

21. #330 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not surprised someone who lies about having a glorious 'geochem' Phd is also stealing language from Wikipedia and using Chat-whatever.
    Some of us have had the pleasure over the last several months of dealing with a self-proclaimed "biogeochemist" PhD who copy-pastes from Wikipedia. Lucky us. He likes to talk about "organic carbon" ... like that's a thing.

I feel for you.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post: