Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: We can't afford NOT TO do single payer health care

1. #316 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,240 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theywillneverlearn! View Post
    Me thinks you protest to much. Welfare boy. Go take a nap old man.
    Allow me to repeat: You are a fucking moron. Methinks is the word you were looking for. Only a fucking moron uses that archaic construct as "Me thinks."

Your problem seems to be that you do not think. I suspect that is probably because you can't think.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-27-2023)

3. #317 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    If it's one entity paying then it is quite literally SINGLE PAYER.

Doesn't matter who is administering it, it's still just one single payer for all medical claims.

It doesn't sound to me like you know what words mean.
    I know words better than you do. I also understand context. You're saying that the government should pay the bills which leaves the individual receiving said "health care" out of the loop because that single American has nothing to so with the funding of their "single payer" healthcare.

How fucking evil are you?
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

4. #318 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Allow me to repeat: You are a fucking moron. Methinks is the word you were looking for. Only a fucking moron uses that archaic construct as "Me thinks."

Your problem seems to be that you do not think. I suspect that is probably because you can't think.
    All me to repeat Frank. You are a white, broke, welfare collecting democrat. Kill yourself. Now would be good.

5. #319 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    this is a very good example of why Democrats shouldn't be in charge of sewage plants......they don't know shit about how markets work. All they can do is centralize power, enable corruption, enrich their buddies, and rob the commoners.
    What plan do you support, and why?

6. #320 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    What plan do you support, and why?
    you seem to believe that you're some expert in economics, so what happens when one very large company puts limitations on how their suppliers can do business? for example, walmart/sams club sells bulk items for cheaper because they promise to buy a majority of the suppliers product, so long as the supplier doesn't give competing buyers the same price reduction?

the same happens with the health insurance industry. major insurance companies provide lower costs to select providers, so long as those providers don't accept patients with competing industry players............

congress has the power to regulate interstate commerce and could put an end to that predatory scheme that adversely affects patients, why won't they?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #321 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    I know words better than you do.
    Apparently not since you don't seem to know what the words "single" and "payor" mean.

I also understand context
    I don't think you do understand "context". I think it's another word you don't know, like "single" or "payor".

You're saying that the government should pay the bills
    No, I'm saying government should administer the reimbursement to the providers. It's still your money you're paying in premiums via payroll taxes.

which leaves the individual receiving said "health care" out of the loop
    You're not in the loop now, so what the fuck are you babbling about?

All costs of your treatment have already been worked out by your provider and your insurer before you even see your doctor.

You can also only go to the providers within your network unless you want to waste your money and pay out of pocket for an out of network provider.

So what "loop" are you talking about here? Because you're not being articulate or coherent.

single American has nothing to so with the funding of their "single payer" healthcare.
    They are funding it by paying payroll taxes instead of monthly premiums, so what the fuck are you talking about??

I'm convinced you have no fucking idea how our health care system works, and that you don't seem to want to know.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

8. #322 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you seem to believe that you're some expert in economics, so what happens when one very large company puts limitations on how their suppliers can do business? for example, walmart/sams club sells bulk items for cheaper because they promise to buy a majority of the suppliers product, so long as the supplier doesn't give competing buyers the same price reduction?

the same happens with the health insurance industry. major insurance companies provide lower costs to select providers, so long as those providers don't accept patients with competing industry players............

congress has the power to regulate interstate commerce and could put an end to that predatory scheme that adversely affects patients, why won't they?
    I am also an expert on Medicare Advantage. Works just fine. We have the worst outcomes and the lowest life expectancy of any industrialized nation, and we spend more on health care. So an intelligent person would conclude that our system doesn't work. But not you. Do the math.

You don't understand healthcare at all, so you should probably just STFU. Healthcare expenditures are unique, they are not like other market providers, because people can choose to forgo or delay healthcare. Which in the end causes far worse outcomes. We are also far behind the curve in end of life care. Obama suggested that end of life counseling would lower healthcare costs (because it will), and you fucking morons called it death panels. Ignoring, of course, the fact that there are already death panels, insurance companies call it utilization management.

If you want to debate healthcare, bring it on, pal.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-27-2023)

10. #323 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,792 Times in 17,243 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Our system is ridiculous. We have insurance companies, that have no product. They just come between you and your healthcare. They are for profit, so denying care is good for their bottom line. Our healthcare is far more expensive than other nations and they cover all their people. https://healthsystemsfacts.org/?gcli...RoCs80QAvD_BwE We are at the bottom of industrial countries. Our system is horribly flawed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-27-2023)

12. #324 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am also an expert on Medicare Advantage. Works just fine. We have the worst outcomes and the lowest life expectancy of any industrialized nation, and we spend more on health care. So an intelligent person would conclude that our system doesn't work. But not you. Do the math.

You don't understand healthcare at all, so you should probably just STFU. Healthcare expenditures are unique, they are not like other market providers, because people can choose to forgo or delay healthcare. Which in the end causes far worse outcomes. We are also far behind the curve in end of life care. Obama suggested that end of life counseling would lower healthcare costs (because it will), and you fucking morons called it death panels. Ignoring, of course, the fact that there are already death panels, insurance companies call it utilization management.

If you want to debate healthcare, bring it on, pal.
    I understand healthcare quite well, from a physicians and nurses POV.................I see you still can't divorce yourself from the idiot idea that i'm somehow in line with the 'right' on everything.........it's pretty sad that you get so triggered by that, that backsliding in to the i'm a trumper pattern is all you have.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #325 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Our system is ridiculous. We have insurance companies, that have no product. They just come between you and your healthcare. They are for profit, so denying care is good for their bottom line. Our healthcare is far more expensive than other nations and they cover all their people. https://healthsystemsfacts.org/?gcli...RoCs80QAvD_BwE We are at the bottom of industrial countries. Our system is horribly flawed.
    then why do you praise and support a system that does nothing more than make the health insurance companies wealthier????

14. #326 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I understand healthcare quite well, from a physicians and nurses POV.................I see you still can't divorce yourself from the idiot idea that i'm somehow in line with the 'right' on everything.........it's pretty sad that you get so triggered by that, that backsliding in to the i'm a trumper pattern is all you have.
    So you know nothing about the payer side. Thanks for admitting that, it was obvious to me. If you think you trigger me you have an exaggerated opinion of yourself. Seems you have a habit of putting words in my mouth so you can build your little strawmen. Yes, you align yourself with the right on EVERYTHING including those things that libertarians don't align with them, so calling yourself a libertarian is laughable. You align with the oathkeeper, 3%er, Proud Boys white nationalist traitors. Doesn't really matter what you call yourself. However, those things you claim I've said I never did. Makes you a liar, I suppose, which is no surprise given your lack of character and integrity.

I notice rather than address what I said, you went straight for the adhom. You are ignorant, so trolling is probably the best role for you. Carry on.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Frank Apisa (03-27-2023), Guno צְבִי (03-27-2023)

16. #327 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

then why do you praise and support a system that does nothing more than make the health insurance companies wealthier????
    Speaking for myself, I don't support it. I want single payer. You don't, but you seem unable to articulate why you don't.

17. #328 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you know nothing about the payer side. Thanks for admitting that, it was obvious to me. If you think you trigger me you have an exaggerated opinion of yourself. Seems you have a habit of putting words in my mouth so you can build your little strawmen. Yes, you align yourself with the right on EVERYTHING including those things that libertarians don't align with them, so calling yourself a libertarian is laughable. You align with the oathkeeper, 3%er, Proud Boys white nationalist traitors. Doesn't really matter what you call yourself. However, those things you claim I've said I never did. Makes you a liar, I suppose, which is no surprise given your lack of character and integrity.

I notice rather than address what I said, you went straight for the adhom. You are ignorant, so trolling is probably the best role for you. Carry on.
    why is everything 'black and white' to you? is that all your two dimensional mind is capable of?

18. #329 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

why is everything 'black and white' to you? is that all your two dimensional mind is capable of?
    Far from it. You can't even see the nuance. You are simply as dumb as a post. Very hard to get through your concrete brain. I want a single payer system that continues to utilize insurance companies for the 'extras'. Medicare for all. Nothing black and white about that, but you can't see it. I doubt you even understand it. So far, you have PROPOSED nothing. You just constantly whine and complain about things you don't like, but you are completely devoid of solutions.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-27-2023)

20. #330 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,240 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theywillneverlearn! View Post
    All me to repeat Frank.
    The word you should have used in that sentence, you fucking moron, is allow"...not "all" you fucking moron.

You are a white, broke, welfare collecting democrat. Kill yourself. Now would be good.
    I am white, but I am not broke. I did live most of my life at or near the poverty line, but did so by choice. I now am doing just fine financially.

I have never collected welfare...and I am not a Democrat.

I love when you post, because you show just how ignorant the people on the far right can be.

Keep coming back for more, Sucker. I love dishing it out.

ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!