Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Colorado woman faces no jail time for statutory rape, pregnancy by 13-year-old boy

1. #391 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Like I said, Dutch is a troll. He'll search for one thing that annoys you and then use it to death. He's a lonely, tedious grump.
    He seems to have a group of people for whom he's reasonably polite, but if you're not on it, yeah.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it" - Andre Gide

2. #392 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Of course not.

Understanding that the law had to be gender consistent,

I'll never think that a thirty-five-year-old woman and a thirteen-year-old boy

is the same as a thirty-five-year-old man and a thirteen-year-old girl.

Not even close. I was a thirteen-year-old boy only sixty-three years ago.
    My female teacher couldn't have raped me if she wanted to,
    but if she actually wanted to, she wouldn't have had to rape me.
    I was also a boy. But I also recall the girls in my high school bragging about having sex with older men. It goes both ways. Just because a child likes having sex with adults doesn't make it okay.
    Agreed. Conversely, the laws and organizations put in place to protect minors from the dangers of sexuality can at times be more harmful than the dangers they are supposed to protect minors from. Judith Levine wrote a book on the subject that I think was quite good. Wikipedia has an page on it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmful_to_Minors

3. #393 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by JesusAI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    This thread is still on page one. Whooda thunk it?

Are we still trying to compare early adolescent boys to early adolescent girls
    just because the law understandably has to be gender consistent?

I don't understand. It's like almost everybody I know in the actual world
    sees it one way
    while the JPP forum and the cyber world
    perceives human nature in a completely alternate way.

When I was a little older, it was different. Friendly flirting aside, sexual attractiveness wasn't the sole factor.
    I never had interest in sharing physical intimacy with somebody whose company I didn't highly value outside of bed.

But as a boy of thirteen, when it was all new and the hormones were starting to explode?
    If my eighth grade teacher tried to seduce me, I would not only have jumped on those big melons, but I would have felt anything but abused for having done so,
    either then or now in retrospect. Truth be told, I even routinely imagined doing it as did every other boy in the class as far as I could tell.
    She seemed to regularly wear tight sweaters over those things for the very purpose of entertaining us.
    Green was her best sweater color because she had hair the color of a new penny.
    I'm remembering this from 1959/1960, by the way.

OK, ladies, was it the same for you as a little girl? C'mon, come clean. No pun intended, honestly.
    I was attracted to several female teachers of mine. I honestly don't know what I would have done if any of them had initiated a sexual interaction with me. The reason for that is the same reason that I declined 2 instances where a sexual interaction was likely with what I believe was a 17 year old female when I was 11- I suspect they'd probably get in trouble and since I was attracted to them, that's the last thing I wanted to happen to them.
    bullshit.
    Not sure why you said that. In any case, there are plenty of stories of teen males that had the opportunity to act on their attraction to female teachers. A story from the New York post on that:

Kate Mara on the reality of ‘A Teacher’ predator having sex with a student | New York Post

From the article:
    Kate Mara’s latest role is a high school teacher who has an affair with her underage student — and it made her realize just how widespread this problem is.

“We had it on Google Alerts,” Mara, 37, told The Post of illicit teacher-student trysts. “The amount of real-life stories that we’d see on a weekly basis was quite overwhelming.

4. #394 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

Agreed. Conversely, the laws and organizations put in place to protect minors from the dangers of sexuality can at times be more harmful than the dangers they are supposed to protect minors from. Judith Levine wrote a book on the subject that I think was quite good. Wikipedia has an page on it here:

Contrary to what Judith Levine says, fucking kids is wrong.

5. #395 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I was also a boy. But I also recall the girls in my high school bragging about having sex with older men. It goes both ways. Just because a child likes having sex with adults doesn't make it okay.

Contrary to what Judith Levine says, fucking kids is wrong.
    Language can be a very ambiguous thing. For starters, there is a difference between adolescents and pre adolescents. Using terms like "kids" and "children" can blur that fact. Heck, you can use children for adults as well, as everyone is someone's child no matter how old.

I doubt you read a single page of Judith Levine's book Harmful to Minors. I read the whole thing myself. Unlike you with your black and white ambiguous terms, Judith focuses on the fact that the world is a metaphorical rainbow of variations when it comes to minors and their sexual experiences. I've decided it might be good to quote the introduction to her book to get to the gist of what she's trying to convey. I find it interesting that though it was published over 20 years ago, it's still quite relevant today:

In America today, it is nearly impossible to publish a book that says children and teenagers can have sexual pleasure and be safe too.

Perhaps I should have gotten the hint five years ago, when my agent started sending around the proposal to commercial publishers. House after house declined. "Levine is an engaging writer, and her argument is strong and provocative", said on typical rejection. "But we don't see how this point of view will find the broad readhership that would justify our commitment." They all closed with some version of the perennial editorial valediction "Godd luck." I now hear that phrase as a snort of sarcasm.

When one of the most serious editors in commercial publishing did acquire the book, and I wrote a first draft, his comments were encouraging but sober. "It's a courageous book," he wrote me, "for which, as these chapters make abundantly and depressingly clear, the timing probably couldn't be worse." As it turned out, the timing could not have been worse, for him or for me. He was fired (not because of my book) and moved on to other enterprises, and my manuscript was passed to another senior editor. When she demurred (as the mother of a thirteen-year-old girl, she told me diplomatically, "I'm jut not able to address some of the issues with enough objectivity to serve as your guide"), a new recruit at the house took the orphan in. That women inaugurated a yearlong process by which the book would be rendered, as she put it, "more palatable to parents", who were now presumed to be the only interested readers. She asked for "comforting messages", mottled the manuscript with advisories, which begged for deletions: "This sentence will offend parents." "Many parents will find this hard to swallow." She suggested, in defence to parental anxiety, that I remove the word pleasure from the introduction.

In the end, the manuscript was not parent-friendly enough. It left that house and went to others, where it was also found commercially unviable. One editorial board called it "radioactive". The week I got that Geiger count, a full-page ad for John Gray's Children are from Heaven ran in the New York Times. Its text seemed to promise parents that if they just read the book, their kids would become healthy, happy, obedient, and successful. The chubby cherubs floating around the margins implied that they might sprout wings, too.

Source:
    https://archive.org/details/harmfult...e/n19/mode/2up

She did, ofcourse, eventually published the book, but it was certainly an ordeal to get it done.

6. #396 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,319 Times in 9,827 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not sure why you said that. In any case, there are plenty of stories of teen males that had the opportunity to act on their attraction to female teachers. A story from the New York post on that:

Kate Mara on the reality of ‘A Teacher’ predator having sex with a student | New York Post

From the article:
    Kate Mara’s latest role is a high school teacher who has an affair with her underage student — and it made her realize just how widespread this problem is.

“We had it on Google Alerts,” Mara, 37, told The Post of illicit teacher-student trysts. “The amount of real-life stories that we’d see on a weekly basis was quite overwhelming.

so the victims wanted it?

really?

7. #397 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

From the article:

so the victims wanted it?

really?
    Words can be very ambiguous things. I think we should take a look at the dictionary definition of victim. Here's the first one from the American Heritage Dictionary:

noun One who is harmed or killed by another, especially by someone committing a criminal or unlawful act.

Source:
    https://www.wordnik.com/words/victim

The main issue here is that, in many cases, minors, especially if they are male, don't feel harmed after engaging in a sexual interaction with an adult. I pointed out evidence of this to you from a study in another thread:

San Francisco teacher sparks outrage with disturbing tweets , Post #157

I also found it easy to find some news stories that suggest the same thing:

San Francisco teacher sparks outrage with disturbing tweets, Post #10

8. #398 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Words can be very ambiguous things. I think we should take a look at the dictionary definition of victim. Here's the first one from the American Heritage Dictionary:

noun One who is harmed or killed by another, especially by someone committing a criminal or unlawful act.

Source:

The main issue here is that, in many cases, minors, especially if they are male, don't feel harmed after engaging in a sexual interaction with an adult. I pointed out evidence of this to you from a study in another thread:

you're so ignorant of the truth of sexual abuse.

9. #399 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

what's not abuse?

gwyneth paltrow having regret after sleeping her way to starhood.

what is abuse?

adults with minors.

10. #400 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Source:

you're so ignorant of the truth of sexual abuse.
    As I've mentioned before, the term sexual abuse has gotten so ambiguous that it can now mean anything from brutal rape to someone engaging in a sexual interaction with someone they are not legally allowed to do in the jurisdiction they're in, regardless of how wanted the sexual interaction was by the other party or what effect it has on their lives.

I find it sad that the very laws and norms that are ostensibly put in place to protect minors can frequently harm them. Judith Levine gets into that in her book "Harmful to minors", as I pointed out in several posts. I think a good one on the subject is this one:

Colorado woman faces no jail time for statutory rape, pregnancy by 13-year-old boy, Post #333

11. #401 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As I've mentioned before, the term sexual abuse has gotten so ambiguous that it can now mean anything from brutal rape to someone engaging in a sexual interaction with someone they are not legally allowed to do in the jurisdiction they're in, regardless of how wanted the sexual interaction was by the other party or what effect it has on their lives.

I find it sad that the very laws and norms that are ostensibly put in place to protect minors can frequently harm them. Judith Levine gets into that in her book "Harmful to minors", as I pointed out in several posts. I think a good one on the subject is this one:

Colorado woman faces no jail time for statutory rape, pregnancy by 13-year-old boy, Post #333
    you believe children should be able to give sexual consent to adults?

12. #402 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,413 Times in 52,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Russians in Ukraine think so.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. #403 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I believe we need to stop being so ambiguous. The term children can be applied to -anyone-, as everyone is the child of their parents.

In terms of the age of consent, the age of consent in the U.S. varies from 16 to 18, with various close in age exceptions:
    https://www.ageofconsent.net/states

The age of consent in the world varies from being married (which is not an age of consent at all) to 21 in Bahrain:
    https://www.ageofconsent.net/world

Furthermore, I find it unfortunate that so little attention is paid to the issue of -informed- consent. I think that ideally, whether one can consent would be tied to whether or not someone is informed enough to do so in a healthy manner. This in turn could perhaps lead to some sort of certification of being informed, akin to needing a driver's license to drive. Another issue is the fact that while some acts could clearly be considered sexual, such as sex, others are highly ambiguous. Kisses and caresses can be good examples.

I also strongly believe that minors should receive comprehensive education not just on how babies are made, which is predominantly what I learned in sex ed.

I certainly think it's fair to warn of the dangers of sexual interactions, which I've come to believe is predominantly unwanted pregnancies and societal repercussions in starting sexual activities early in life, especially if one is below the age of consent and/or considering in a sexual activity with someone who is below the age of consent. Naturally, this means that every minor should be informed of the laws concerning the age of consent in their jurisdiction. I also think that it's crucial for minors to learn is how to engage in sexual healthy relationships once one is legally able to do so.

Finally, I think that l learning of sexual diversity (LQGBTQ) early is beneficial, especially for those who find themselves to be in that spectrum. I've made it clear in other posts that I have strong reservations of very young people undergoing surgery for sex changes. Fortunately, in general, transitioning isn't allowed until one is 18 years of age. According to an abc articled I just skimmed, around 1% of trans people regret their decision, but if they're an adult I think they should be allowed to make this choice, just as adults are allowed to make many dangerous choices in life.
    Last edited by Phoenyx; 04-05-2023 at 07:58 AM.

14. #404 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I believe we need to stop being so ambiguous. The term children can be applied to -anyone-, as everyone is the child of their parents.

In terms of the age of consent, the age of consent in the U.S. varies from 16 to 18, with various close in age exceptions:

The age of consent in the world varies from being married (which is not an age of consent at all) to 21 in Bahrain:

Furthermore, I find it unfortunate that so little attention is paid to the issue of -informed- consent. I think that ideally, whether one can consent would be tied to whether or not someone is informed enough to do so in a healthy manner. This in turn could perhaps lead to some sort of certification of being informed, akin to needing a driver's license to drive. Another issue is the fact that while some acts could clearly be considered sexual, such as sex, others are highly ambiguous. Kisses and caresses can be good examples.

I also strongly believe that minors should receive comprehensive education not just on how babies are made, which is predominantly what I learned in sex ed.

I certainly think it's fair to warn of the dangers of sexual interactions, which I've come to believe is predominantly unwanted pregnancies and societal repercussions in starting sexual activities early in life, especially if one is below the age of consent and/or considering in a sexual activity with someone who is below the age of consent. Naturally, this means that every minor should be informed of the laws concerning the age of consent in their jurisdiction. I also think that it's crucial for minors to learn is how to engage in sexual healthy relationships once one is legally able to do so.

Finally, I think that l learning of sexual diversity (LQGBTQ) early is beneficial, especially for those who find themselves to be in that spectrum. I've made it clear in other posts that I have strong reservations of very young people undergoing surgery for sex changes. Fortunately, in general, transitioning isn't allowed until one is 18 years of age. According to an abc articled I just skimmed, around 1% of trans people regret their decision, but if they're an adult I think they should be allowed to make this choice, just as adults are allowed to make many dangerous choices in life.
    that's what a pedo-normalizer would say.

15. #405 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

circular argument word game dumm dum sauce.