Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
The only ones being represented are the oligarchs.
Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
True. Why do you think that is?
Oh, pick me! Pick me!

We the People allow the oligarchs to do our thinking for us ... because we're to lazy to do it for ourselves. The Oligarchs discovered long ago that We the People will give away our money, our personal data and our political voice for meaningless free shit that is oh, so very convenient right now in the moment. Oligarchs discovered long ago that it's not the voters casting ballots who decide elections, but those who "count" the votes, specifically after the polls close and the regular poll station workers have left, who ultimately decide the elections. Oligarchs discovered that We the People simply believe everything we read, no matter how stupid, if it is called a "study." Oligarchs discovered that having only one political party, i.e. theirs, makes controlling We the People a trivial matter, especially if that party seems on the surface to be two separate, diametrically opposed parties. Oligarchs go ever unchallenged because We the People consider it legitimate for the Supreme Court to simply refuse to do their jobs and to simply decide to "refuse to hear" cases that are their responsibility to try.

Oligarchs discovered that We the People are fucking spineless, clueless and oblivious.

The above is the condensed version. The full version is too lengthy for a post.