Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1216

Thread: Theology Question

1. #1201 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    And again, [Reductio ad Absurdum] is also the name of a fallacious argument.
    No it isn't. The only people who mistakenly use it in that sense simply don't know what it means.

But that's besides the point. Do you normally get defensive whenever someone tries to share information with you? Are you one of those people who thinks he knows everything and pretends to get offended when someone teaches him something?

If you are not showing how a false premise leads to a contradiction then you are not using Reductio ad Absurdum. You should call "bullshit!" on anyone claiming otherwise and you can expect that I will as well.

In the future, so that you won't get confused
    Focus on keeping yourself from being confused. I'm clear; I know what I'm talking about on this.

I will use reductio ad ridiculum,
    I recommend Reductio ad Nordbergum.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

2. #1202 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    No it isn't. The only people who mistakenly use it in that sense simply don't know what it means.

But that's besides the point. Do you normally get defensive whenever someone tries to share information with you? Are you one of those people who thinks he knows everything and pretends to get offended when someone teaches him something?

If you are not showing how a false premise leads to a contradiction then you are not using Reductio ad Absurdum. You should call "bullshit!" on anyone claiming otherwise and you can expect that I will as well.

Focus on keeping yourself from being confused. I'm clear; I know what I'm talking about on this.

I recommend Reductio ad Nordbergum.
    Evince has only ever said one thing right on this forum and that thing is...that ain't Damo. He left a few years ago.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

3. #1203 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 29 Posts

Because the folks who created the fictional characters never said they were real. I know you sat at Peter Pan when you were three clapping away, but your folks sat in the background chuckling knowing the story was fiction.

Now, saying that faeries do not exist (not specifically one named fictional character) that is the same. We do not know what kind of life exists on other planets, you cannot be certain that they do not exist, that would be the same. Just because someone imagined a life form does not mean that somewhere we have yet to discover might have a lifeform exactly like their imagination...
    Hear that whoosh? That's the sound of my comment going over your head.

4. #1204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Evince has only ever said one thing right on this forum and that thing is...that ain't Damo. He left a few years ago.
    This kind of thing always makes me laugh.

It is though, really... Older, fatter, and less nicotine addicted, but still the same guy who originally registered as Damocles because he could not remember the name Sisyphus that morning when he first registered at politics.com. I've always had a bit of what I call "halfzheimers" where I can't remember names, especially names...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Frank Apisa (06-16-2023), Geeko Sportivo (06-15-2023), Mason Michaels (06-08-2023), Phantasmal (06-16-2023)

6. #1205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This kind of thing always makes me laugh.

It is though, really... Older, fatter, and less nicotine addicted, but still the same guy who originally registered as Damocles because he could not remember the name Sisyphus that morning when he first registered at politics.com. I've always had a bit of what I call "halfzheimers" where I can't remember names, especially names...
    It makes you laugh eh? You know what makes laugh? One day you can tell me about DLI in detail...the next day "you" don't know what I'm talking about. Isn't it against the forum rules to give your password to someone else? Lick my balls.

7. #1206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    It makes you laugh eh? You know what makes laugh? One day you can tell me about DLI in detail...the next day "you" don't know what I'm talking about. Isn't it against the forum rules to give your password to someone else? Lick my balls.
    I can still tell you about DLI in detail... DLI isn't classified, and what we learned there is not classified. What I cannot talk about is my second school and pretty much anything about the actual job I performed in the Navy. Other than "Russian Translator", more detail is generally classified.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #1207 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 165 Times in 155 Posts

Agnosticism is a non-belief, it states so... "I don't believe there is enough evidence to show that god/s exist or contrariwise don't exist", that is a "non-belief". Atheism, however, is based in faith. In order to believe anything with certainty that you do not have direct evidence of you must have a "belief"... an atheist "believes" that there is no god/s.
    Organized atheism has a hierarchy that is in a constant struggle for power. Atheism is basically a political organization that spends a lot of time in court learning how difficult it is to fight city hall. The groups I belonged to have a clique of wiccans who control everything through gossip and criticism. No different than the nuns in grade school.

9. #1208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I can still tell you about DLI in detail... DLI isn't classified, and what we learned there is not classified. What I cannot talk about is my second school and pretty much anything about the actual job I performed in the Navy. Other than "Russian Translator", more detail is generally classified.
    Maybe you can tell me about DLI in detail but the next person I talked to using the Damocles account couldn't. You were either fucking with me or you gave your password to someone else. How many people have the password to the Damocles account?

10. #1209 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,175 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

God, if you are listening, could you please tell us if you bothered to put belly buttons on Adam and Eve! Amen!

11. #1210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    Maybe you can tell me about DLI in detail but the next person I talked to using the Damocles account couldn't. You were either fucking with me or you gave your password to someone else. How many people have the password to the Damocles account?
    I think you are mistaken. I wouldn't tell you I can't tell you in detail about DLI. I would tell you that I cannot tell you in detail about the second school. Maybe you think the school in Texas was the same as DLI... I don't know. I just think you are mistaken entirely about what you read from me. Can you find this conversation? Let's see what I said. I won't go into detail about DLI in a thread like this, because it is off topic distraction. But there is nothing that keeps me from talking about DLI other than things like that.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #1211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Organized atheism has a hierarchy that is in a constant struggle for power. Atheism is basically a political organization that spends a lot of time in court learning how difficult it is to fight city hall. The groups I belonged to have a clique of wiccans who control everything through gossip and criticism. No different than the nuns in grade school.
    Extremely stupid comment. Typical of you.

13. #1212 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Extremely stupid comment. Typical of you.
    Name the organized atheist groups you were a member of.

14. #1213 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Name the organized atheist groups you were a member of.
    Could not give a shit.

15. #1214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Could not give a shit.
    So you got nothing, again.

16. #1215 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you got nothing, again.
    Just tired of your constant lying bullshit.