Thread: More Than 217,000 Americans Killed by the COVID Jab | Mercola.com

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,427 Times in 53,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Can't see the OP, but Oz/Mercola are the best snake oil team in the world.

Was there a product they were selling as an alternative to the vaccine?
    I'm sure there was more than one product.

This whole thread is an example of when critical thinking fails... or never existed. The first thing an intelligent OP author would have asked is "Why would this source want me to think that a proven vaccine that's been administered to billions of people be dangerous?" Then the intelligent OP would have looked at the source itself to find out why. It's selling its own version of COVID prevention/treatments.

This silly false information thread could have easily been avoided, had the OP and his little sycophants been intelligent and possessed of critical thinking skills.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Althea (02-07-2023)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    The Lancet doesn't rescind articles where the authors can provide evidence supporting their article. The Lancet pulls articles when the methods are questioned and the authors can't provide evidence they got the results they claimed.
    Yes. That is why it is one of the world's most respected medical journals. Certainly it is more trusted than, say, an opinion from a WSJ hack, or Mercola.com.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-07-2023)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,069 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

This whole thread is an example of when critical thinking fails... or never existed. The first thing an intelligent OP author would have asked is "Why would this source want me to think that a proven vaccine that's been administered to billions of people be dangerous?" Then the intelligent OP would have looked at the source itself to find out why. It's selling its own version of COVID prevention/treatments.

This silly false information thread could have easily been avoided, had the OP and his little sycophants been intelligent and possessed of critical thinking skills.
    Maintaining the lie is more important than people dying from the stab isn't it? You realize dont you that the truth will eventually come out right? The hunter laptop story is a great example. We were told it was Russian misinformation until we were told it was a real thing. You peopme never learn.
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" - Noam Chomsky

"Leftists actually think everyone is as stupid as a leftist." - Yakuda

"No, Trump isn't a fascist, tatt boy." - moon

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,632 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    An article with the same name as this thread was just published today on Mercola.com. To avoid someone bringing it up, yes, I'm aware that simply because a lot of people -think- that Covid jabs killed someone they know doesn't mean their beliefs are fairly accurate. Based on evidence I've seen elsewhere, however, I believe their suspicions are accurate in this particular case. Finally, mercola.com stories are put behind a paywall after 48 hours, so if you're thinking you might want to read the full article after that point, I suggest you download it as a PDF, which you can do by clicking the bottom to do so near the top left of the article. With that said, here's the introduction...

February 7, 2023

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

•According to a December 2021 survey of 2,840 Americans, between 217,330 and 332,608 people died from the COVID jabs in 2021

•Survey results also show that people who got the jab were more likely to know someone who experienced a health problem from COVID-19 infection, whereas those who knew someone who experienced a health problem after getting the jab were less likely to be jabbed

•Of the respondents, 34% knew one or more people who had experienced a significant health problem due to the COVID-19 illness, and 22% knew one or more people who had been injured by the shot

•51% of the survey respondents had been jabbed. Of those, 13% reported experiencing a “serious” health problem post-jab. Compare that to Pfizer’s six-month safety analysis, which claimed only 1.2% of trial participants experienced a serious adverse event

•In December 2022, Rasmussen Reports polled 1,000 Americans. In this poll, 34% reported experiencing minor side effects from the jab and 7% reported major side effects

Full article:
    More Than 217,000 Americans Killed by the COVID Jab | Mercola.com
    So far, 263 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine

Pretty good odds I must say.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-07-2023)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Thank you. This is how respected journals operate. I recall this was a big deal at the time because it is so rare. Attempting to take an isolated incident and make broad sweeping claims based on that incident is sloppy, lazy and ignorant. Just like our little Russian troll.
    The Reichwingers do the same thing with all news sources that retract erroneous stories. They think it means that *all* their stories are bunkum, rather than the media being honest. Fox and Breitbart and Alex Jones only retract false stories when a judge orders them to.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,069 Times in 3,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Maintaining the lie is more important than people dying from the stab isn't it? You realize dont you that the truth will eventually come out right? The hunter laptop story is a great example. We were told it was Russian misinformation until we were told it was a real thing. You peopme never learn.
    The truth will eventually come out...
    Yep.. just like the truth that Durham didn't find anything with his investigation.
    Just like the truth that the Trump campaign had multiple contacts with Russia.
    Just like the truth that the Russian investigation was started based on actual evidence that triggered it just like any other investigation.
    Just like the truth that there is no evidence that the data is from a laptop that Hunter left at a computer repair place in a strip mall.
    Just like the truth that Hunter has now threatened to file suit against those that released his personal data in violation of the law.

But when it comes to the OP, it looks like the truth will come out since the paper that Mercola is using is under review for using faulty methodology.
    26 January 2023

Editor's Note: Readers are alerted that the conclusions of this paper are subject to criticisms that are being considered by editors. Specifically, that the claims are unsubstantiated and that there are questions about the quality of the peer review. A further editorial response will follow the resolution of these issues.
    https://bmcinfectdis.biomedcentral.c...79-023-07998-3
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Reichwingers do the same thing with all news sources that retract erroneous stories. They think it means that *all* their stories are bunkum, rather than the media being honest. Fox and Breitbart and Alex Jones only retract false stories when a judge orders them to.
    If you admit a mistake, it increases your credibility. When you refuse to do so, people stop taking you seriously. This site is exhibit A.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (02-07-2023), ThatOwlWoman (02-07-2023)

13. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,069 Times in 3,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

The actual study that Mercola is using is interesting but not from the standpoint of how many died.

What is interesting is that they asked people if they knew anyone that had an adverse reaction. What seems to have occurred is the the less likely it was for the people you knew to be vaccinated the more likely it was for you to know someone that had adverse reactions. The authors of the study took the wrong idea from that. They assumed everyone was being truthful about actual people they knew. As we have seen here on JPP, most Trumpers seem to be more likely to know someone that died from the vaccine and more likely to know someone that adopted a dog from South America that turned out to be a giant rat.

What this study ended up being is a study about how gullible Republicans are when told a tale.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

15. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you admit a mistake, it increases your credibility. When you refuse to do so, people stop taking you seriously. This site is exhibit A.
    It's amazing how some people lie constantly then launch personal attacks on anyone who proves they're lying. pEarl, for example, has gotten so bad that he now thread-bans half the active members when he posts one of his based-on-bullshit OPs.

16. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's amazing how some people lie constantly then launch personal attacks on anyone who proves they're lying. pEarl, for example, has gotten so bad that he now thread-bans half the active members when he posts one of his based-on-bullshit OPs.
    LOL, I don't pay any attention to Earl. I put him on ignore the first day I was here. I know he's threadbanned me from every one of his threads, so he is basically dead to me. I'm not missing a thing.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Althea (02-07-2023), ThatOwlWoman (02-07-2023)

18. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Either the OP gets Mercola emails, and hurried here to share it...or the OP Googled 'deaths from the Covid vaccine' and found a citation that he/she agrees with.

No need to delve into the source, as confirmation bias already took place.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

20. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The actual study that Mercola is using is interesting but not from the standpoint of how many died.

What is interesting is that they asked people if they knew anyone that had an adverse reaction. What seems to have occurred is the the less likely it was for the people you knew to be vaccinated the more likely it was for you to know someone that had adverse reactions. The authors of the study took the wrong idea from that. They assumed everyone was being truthful about actual people they knew. As we have seen here on JPP, most Trumpers seem to be more likely to know someone that died from the vaccine and more likely to know someone that adopted a dog from South America that turned out to be a giant rat.

What this study ended up being is a study about how gullible Republicans are when told a tale.
    Great point! One way you can tell if an OP is based on reality is take a key phrase (or the title) and plug it into Google. If all you get are other RW sites echoing the same stuff, but nothing legitimate, you know it's bullshit.

IMO the fewer of the MAGATs who get vaccinated, the more likely we are to have excellent election outcomes like we got in the last two. lol

21. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL, I don't pay any attention to Earl. I put him on ignore the first day I was here. I know he's threadbanned me from every one of his threads, so he is basically dead to me. I'm not missing a thing.
    Nope, not a bit. More and more he seems to be posting Russian disinformation, but is too stupid to realize he's nothing better than a Putin puppet.

22. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The vast majority of vaccinated people would report an adverse reaction if the question wasn't qualified with the disclaimer 'aside from normal low grade fever and aches commonly associated with many vaccines.'
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

24. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Whereas he never posts anything of value, I got past his thread bans because the fool thought my username was Athena.

I kicked his ass in many of his threads for more than a year, until he recently caught on.

Now he's on my ignore list, where he belongs.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (02-07-2023), ThatOwlWoman (02-07-2023)