Thread: Robert Scheer: Nuclear War Imminent? | Scheerpost

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

That could very well have been sarcasm.
    In fact I’d wager it was. Who makes fun of taking advantage of others?
    Last edited by anonymoose; 02-10-2023 at 08:49 PM.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,570 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    I certainly agree with the notion that we are closer to annihilation than ever, but I strongly disagree with the idea that this war was initiated by Putin. The U.S. aided in the overthrow of a Ukrainian President in 2014 and since then they've been aiding and abetting the fascist forces within Ukraine that have taken their place, going so far as arming and training Ukrainian troops beginning with the Trump Administration. Literally days before Putin began his military operation in Ukraine, Ukraine had started a renewed assault on the Donbass region, which appears to be what triggered Putin in starting his military operation.
    I know what you think about it. However, Ukraine was looking toward the west and the EU. They were in a position to perhaps become a world economic power. They were looking to the future. They invested in weapons. Putin proved why that was a needed idea. They wish they had done more. Putin had taken over 1/5th of Ukraine land in the last few years. They had a pretty good idea of what was in store for them.
    Russia has a long history of taking over its neighbors. Ukraine would be foolish to not protect itself. Joining NATO would have been wise, but they were rejected.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 02-10-2023 at 07:30 PM.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 22 Times in 21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Certainly. Zelensky would be the most visible, though I certainly acknowledge that there are worse. I'm not saying it was always this way, far from it. There was a time when Zelensky openly pointed out the fascism inherent in Ukraine, back when he was a comedian. I've gotten into this before in this forum, and have decided to make a thread of it. It's here:

Ukrainien President Zelensky more honest as a comedian | justplainpolitics.com
    That could very well have been sarcasm.
    Oh, he was definitely quite sarcastic in the comedy sketch that I referenced in the opening post of the thread linked to above. Anyway, this conversation clearly belongs in the thread linked to above, so I've given you a full response to your post there:

Ukrainien President Zelensky more honest as a comedian, Post #4 | justplainpolitics.com
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it" - Andre Gide

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 22 Times in 21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I certainly agree with the notion that we are closer to annihilation than ever, but I strongly disagree with the idea that this war was initiated by Putin. The U.S. aided in the overthrow of a Ukrainian President in 2014 and since then they've been aiding and abetting the fascist forces within Ukraine that have taken their place, going so far as arming and training Ukrainian troops beginning with the Trump Administration. Literally days before Putin began his military operation in Ukraine, Ukraine had started a renewed assault on the Donbass region, which appears to be what triggered Putin in starting his military operation.
    I know what you think about it. However, Ukraine was looking toward the west and the EU. They were in a position to perhaps become a world economic power. They were looking to the future. They invested in weapons. Putin proved why that was a needed idea.
    A legitimate elected Ukrainian President fled the country due to a highly organized group of far right groups during Euromaidan. Here's an article that gets into some of the darkest moments of that event:

The Hidden Truth About Ukraine, Kiev Euromaidan Snipers Kill Demonstrators. Italian Documentary Bombshell Evidence | globalresearch.ca

After Euromaidan, a lot of that same group came to form the new government. One of their first acts was to try to ban the use of Russian in government funded instiutions and schools, despite the fact that a significant amount of the eastern Ukrainian population's first language was Russian. They also instigated the Odessa massacre, which Evgeny Norin, a Russian historian focused on Russia's wars and international politics argues was a turning point for Ukraine:

Burned alive: How the 2014 Odessa massacre became a turning point for Ukraine | RT

Finally, the Ukrainian far right, in conjunction with the U.S., sabotaged the efforts that had been made to try to find a peaceful solution to the civil war:

Siding With Ukraine’s Far-Right, US Sabotaged Zelensky’s Peace Mandate | Scheerpost

Not only that, but mere days before Putin decided to start his military operation in Ukraine, the Ukrainian government decided to start a renewed assault on the Donbass republics, something that former Swiss Intelligence Officer Jacques Baud covers in an article that I believe is quite revealing. I made a thread about his article here:

Former Swiss Intelligence Officer blows the whistle on West's Ukraine War Narrative | justplainpolitics.com
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it" - Andre Gide