Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robert Scheer: Nuclear War Imminent? | Scheerpost

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,445 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Blog Entries

People who are 180 degrees off the truth very much by honest stupidity always have a sense that they are stupid, so they tend to keep their mouth shut. People who talk a lot and speak a lot of Anti-Truth almost have to be doing it on purpose......they hate you that much.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Do you know about anti-truth? Do you ever read claims and say "That is not only not right, it is the exact opposite of what the truth is"?
    Sure.

That does not happen much in real life.....when you see a bunch of it you can be sure much of it is manufactured.

For a reason.
    I can certainly agree that a good portion of the mainstream media parrots lies. It's the main reason I generally avoid it. Instead, I read from authors such as Patrick Lawrence, a former New York times writer who nowadays tends to read the New York Times a fair amount, and then break down the various lies within their pages for me. It keeps me informed of the mainstream media's lies without having to do the legwork of figuring out the lies alone.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it" - Andre Gide

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

People who are 180 degrees off the truth very much by honest stupidity always have a sense that they are stupid, so they tend to keep their mouth shut. People who talk a lot and speak a lot of Anti-Truth almost have to be doing it on purpose......they hate you that much.
    I find that it's generally a -lot- harder to figure out who believes untruths they tell then simply determining that something someone says isn't true. I tend to play by the rule book of "innocent until proven guilty", but I have certainly -suspected- some people in forums to know the truth, yet profess to believe a given lie. The only way I think that'd make sense is if they were being paid to do that, though, and while there has certainly been evidence that some people have in fact been paid to essentially sell propaganda online, I don't think it's that many people. Which would mean that most people who tell untruths genuinely believe that they are truths.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,445 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    I find that it's generally a -lot- harder to figure out who believes untruths they tell then simply determining that something someone says isn't true. I tend to play by the rule book of "innocent until proven guilty", but I have certainly -suspected- some people in forums to know the truth, yet profess to believe a given lie. The only way I think that'd make sense is if they were being paid to do that, though, and while there has certainly been evidence that some people have in fact been paid to essentially sell propaganda online, I don't think it's that many people. Which would mean that most people who tell untruths genuinely believe that they are truths.
    No, not when they very often loudly and constantly insist that the opposite of the truth is the truth....that is something else.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, not when they very often loudly and constantly insist that the opposite of the truth is the truth....that is something else.
    If you were to name a poster in this forum, I think I could probably find it likely that they do in fact believe whatever it is they're saying. There are certainly people in the real world who I strongly suspect of telling untruths and knowing they're doing it.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,195 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you were to name a poster in this forum, I think I could probably find it likely that they do in fact believe whatever it is they're saying. There are certainly people in the real world who I strongly suspect of telling untruths and knowing they're doing it.
    Irony

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-10-2023)

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Irony
    Care to elaborate on why you think there is irony in what I said?

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,195 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Care to elaborate on why you think there is irony in what I said?
    I’m sure you can figure it out if you try real hard.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-10-2023)

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I’m sure you can figure it out if you try real hard.
    I can certainly guess, but it seems that unlike you, I like to have more than guesswork before drawing conclusions on important matters.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,837 Times in 17,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

The Doomsday clock is at its closest ever. https://www.npr.org/2023/01/24/11509...ds-to-midnight The atomic scientists find Putin's Ukraine war as a serious nuclear war possibility.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The Doomsday clock is at its closest ever. https://www.npr.org/2023/01/24/11509...ds-to-midnight The atomic scientists find Putin's Ukraine war as a serious nuclear war possibility.
    I certainly agree with the notion that we are closer to annihilation than ever, but I strongly disagree with the idea that this war was initiated by Putin. The U.S. aided in the overthrow of a Ukrainian President in 2014 and since then they've been aiding and abetting the fascist forces within Ukraine that have taken their place, going so far as arming and training Ukrainian troops beginning with the Trump Administration. Literally days before Putin began his military operation in Ukraine, Ukraine had started a renewed assault on the Donbass region, which appears to be what triggered Putin in starting his military operation.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pedo Joe shot an ICBM at China today in response to the balloon.

Is that the action of a sane person ?
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Pedo Joe shot an ICBM at China today in response to the balloon.

Is that the action of a sane person ?
    I found an article on Fox News about this. It doesn't show any sign that Biden played a part in launching it. From the article:

Officials said the launch was planned months in advance across multiple Air Forces agencies.

Source:
    US launches unarmed ICBM into Pacific Ocean amid China, North Korea tensions | Fox News

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

The U.S. aided in the overthrow of a Ukrainian President in 2014 and since then they've been aiding and abetting the fascist forces within Ukraine that have taken their place
    There is one party in Ukraine that might be called 'fascist'. That is the Svoboda Party. It has one member of parliament and nobody in the government.

If you think there are fascist sympathizers in the current Ukrainian government, who are they? Please elaborate.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-10-2023)

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    The U.S. aided in the overthrow of a Ukrainian President in 2014 and since then they've been aiding and abetting the fascist forces within Ukraine that have taken their place, going so far as arming and training Ukrainian troops beginning with the Trump Administration.
    There is one party in Ukraine that might be called 'fascist'. That is the Svoboda Party. It has one member of parliament and nobody in the government.
    If only that were true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    If you think there are fascist sympathizers in the current Ukrainian government, who are they? Please elaborate.
    Certainly. Zelensky would be the most visible, though I certainly acknowledge that there are worse. I'm not saying it was always this way, far from it. There was a time when Zelensky openly pointed out the fascism inherent in Ukraine, back when he was a comedian. I've gotten into this before in this forum, and have decided to make a thread of it. It's here:

Ukrainien President Zelensky more honest as a comedian | justplainpolitics.com