Members banned from this thread: Truth Detector, Text Drivers are Killers, Earl, ExpressLane, T. A. Gardner and Lionfish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HERTZ INCREASED ITS FLEET OF ELECTRIC RENTAL CARS — THEN, ITS PROFITS EXPLODED

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,342 Times in 6,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Default HERTZ INCREASED ITS FLEET OF ELECTRIC RENTAL CARS — THEN, ITS PROFITS EXPLODED

HERTZ INCREASED ITS FLEET OF ELECTRIC RENTAL CARS — THEN, ITS PROFITS EXPLODED
    Hertz discovered that electric vehicles are between 50-60% cheaper to maintain than gasoline-powered cars.

Rental car company Hertz is shifting into high gear on the road to electric vehicles (EVs). Already, it has seen a 12% increase in yearly profits as the globe-spanning rental car company accelerates its transition to EVs and lower costs.
    Hertz CEO Stephen Scherr reported $2.5 billion in revenue during a third-quarter earnings call, and in the same quarter, the company confirmed a deal with GM for 175,000 EVs, The Driven reported.*
    The revenue figure is in part explained by corporate demand for rentals provided by Hertz rising to 70% of pre-pandemic levels. But another key contributor was Hertz’ discovery that EVs are between 50-60% cheaper to maintain than gasoline-powered cars.
    “We focused on operational excellence and fleet optimization to produce financial results that facilitated investment in our strategic priorities, like electrification, while enhancing returns to our shareholders and being in the service of our customers,” Scherr said in the earnings call.
    There are fewer moving parts on EV vehicles than gas-burning cars, which means there are fewer failure points on components that can make for costly replacements.*
    Additionally, the less time a vehicle is receiving repairs at the auto shop means it’s spending more time on the road and thus has more opportunities to make money as a rental.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (02-05-2023)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,342 Times in 6,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Legacy automakers are on an EV marketing blitz as competition grows
    General Motors (GM) has announced that it will partner with Netflix to have its EV offerings displayed in shows on the streaming platform, but they are far from the only automaker looking to show off its upcoming EVs.
    GM is no stranger to marketing its EVs in fun and strange ways. Since its Superbowl ad about EVs in Norway stole the show back in 2021, the company has been dedicated to making marketing partnerships and creative ads that it hopes will bring new demand. Now, the auto giant has doubled down, partnering with Netflix to show off its new EVs.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

evince (02-05-2023)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,821 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

None of that is true if you choose to not believe it. We have many on this board who will call it a lie.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

evince (02-05-2023), Joe Capitalist (02-06-2023)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,104 Times in 12,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

The claim is BS....Hertz currently has very few EV's in its fleet, so it is inpossible that they were driving profits through reduced maintenance costs.

THINK!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Given that ev's are so expensive to repair, especially Tesla's, trying one out for the first time at Hertz would seem to be an exceptionally bad idea. I expect insurance is going to be a huge problem, already insurance companies are putting their foot down and refusing to insure EVs...insuring rental ev's will be I think expensive and otherwise problematic.

Also, are people going to want them? I was thinking of a near term trip to Chicago and noted that Hertz had Tesla's available, and they have very few in the fleet. Hertz's virtue signaling might turn out to be expensive. Note the Hertz just went through bankruptcy....they might be like the airlines, making repeated trips.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,739 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The claim is BS....Hertz currently has very few EV's in its fleet, so it is inpossible that they were driving profits through reduced maintenance costs.

THINK!
    Stop lying

Stop believing lies

Then you will be able to actually think

10. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (02-06-2023)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,739 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Given that ev's are so expensive to repair, especially Tesla's, trying one out for the first time at Hertz would seem to be an exceptionally bad idea. I expect insurance is going to be a huge problem, already insurance companies are putting their foot down and refusing to insure EVs...insuring rental ev's will be I think expensive and otherwise problematic.

Also, are people going to want them? I was thinking of a near term trip to Chicago and noted that Hertz had Tesla's available, and they have very few in the fleet. Hertz's virtue signaling might turn out to be expensive. Note the Hertz just went through bankruptcy....they might be like the airlines, making repeated trips.
    Links to your claims

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Car rental companies got rid of manual transmissions a long long long time ago for cost problems stemming from drivers not knowing how to drive them correctly. I expect EV's will be a problem for the same reason, costs that Hertz has not really run into much because they have so few currently, and because their need to virtue signal will keep them from seeing the problem till way down the line. We are talking about FantasyLand Creatures here with the WOKE.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Links to your claims
    Open your eyes and see for yourself.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 8,402 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    HERTZ INCREASED ITS FLEET OF ELECTRIC RENTAL CARS — THEN, ITS PROFITS EXPLODED
    Hertz discovered that electric vehicles are between 50-60% cheaper to maintain than gasoline-powered cars.

Rental car company Hertz is shifting into high gear on the road to electric vehicles (EVs). Already, it has seen a 12% increase in yearly profits as the globe-spanning rental car company accelerates its transition to EVs and lower costs.
    Hertz CEO Stephen Scherr reported $2.5 billion in revenue during a third-quarter earnings call, and in the same quarter, the company confirmed a deal with GM for 175,000 EVs, The Driven reported.*
    The revenue figure is in part explained by corporate demand for rentals provided by Hertz rising to 70% of pre-pandemic levels. But another key contributor was Hertz’ discovery that EVs are between 50-60% cheaper to maintain than gasoline-powered cars.
    “We focused on operational excellence and fleet optimization to produce financial results that facilitated investment in our strategic priorities, like electrification, while enhancing returns to our shareholders and being in the service of our customers,” Scherr said in the earnings call.
    There are fewer moving parts on EV vehicles than gas-burning cars, which means there are fewer failure points on components that can make for costly replacements.*
    Additionally, the less time a vehicle is receiving repairs at the auto shop means it’s spending more time on the road and thus has more opportunities to make money as a rental.
    So then what you're saying is EVs are the official vehicles of greedy corporations. Maybe there will be a 50-60% reduction in the cost of renting cars. Excellent!
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" - Noam Chomsky

"Leftists actually think everyone is as stupid as a leftist." - Yakuda

"No, Trump isn't a fascist, tatt boy." - moon

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Numbers are not easy to find but it looks like Hertz America is currently about 8-9% EV, they intend to be 25% by the first of 2025, but I expect that wont happen because of manufacturing problems and because Hertz will discover that this particular virtue signaling is expensive.

DARK AGES SUCK!

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hertz's Parking Lots Are Filled With Unrented Tesla Model 3 and Model Y
    https://www.autoevolution.com/news/h...-y-208531.html

DARK AGES SUCK!

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hertz might take a look back to what happened to JCP when they decided to offer what they wanted to offer rather than what customers wanted.

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,821 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Car rental companies got rid of manual transmissions a long long long time ago for cost problems stemming from drivers not knowing how to drive them correctly. I expect EV's will be a problem for the same reason, costs that Hertz has not really run into much because they have so few currently, and because their need to virtue signal will keep them from seeing the problem till way down the line. We are talking about FantasyLand Creatures here with the WOKE.
    Evs are easier to drive. Even Trumpys will be able to figure it out. You are pulling this out of your ass. If only Hertz had that great knowledge that you have?: They have a lot more analytics and data than you have. Companies are not woke. They are profit motivated. EVs fit well.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (02-05-2023)

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Evs are easier to drive. Even Trumpys will be able to figure it out. You are pulling this out of your ass. If only Hertz had that great knowledge that you have?: They have a lot more analytics and data than you have. Companies are not woke. They are profit motivated. EVs fit well.
    Tesla's especially are a steep learning curve, they are very not like the cars that people have ever driven before.

As for the rest...that is also BS.

DARK AGES SUCK!