Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowest unemployment since the moon landing.

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,512 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You're so fucking pathetic that you try and bait people on anonymous forums because you ultimately don't know a fucking thing.
    I'm not baiting shit troll boy. you are just pissed because I give you the exact amount of respect you deserve

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,401 Times in 10,031 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    you brought up overall spending.
    Check the thread! I did not.

YOU brought up overall spending after you couldn't make a point on education spending.

Now you've completely shut the fuck up about education spending because you realized it contradicts your argument in a pretty hilarious way...

As education spending was "Skyrocketing" in the 60's and 70's, personal savings grew and the top tax rate was 90%.

So the 1960's-1970's proved that low taxes DO NOT lead to increased personal savings, and you can make a correlative argument that high levels of education spending combined with high taxes leads to growth in personal savings because that is what the data shows.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

JFC retard. You are the one claiming it matters.
    What have I actually said?

1. If you cut government spending in one place, you need to make up for it elsewhere, otherwise you've pulled dollars out of the economy, contracting it.

2. Education funding was cut because its share of GDP contracted as GDP also contracted.

3. Education funding "skyrocketed" in the 60's and 70's, the same time the personal savings rate was also increasing, and the top tax bracket was 90%

4. You are a hack.

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,512 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

What have I actually said?

1. If you cut government spending in one place, you need to make up for it elsewhere, otherwise you've pulled dollars out of the economy, contracting it.
    Again - we increase overall spending every year, so when you brought up this need to expand spending - you were just posting shit that had no relevance. We always increase spending

the end. you tried to keep pulling up bullshit - point out to idiotic examples of how states cut spending on education - meanwhile the spending on education per child skyrockets

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zymurgy For This Post:

ExpressLane (02-07-2023)

6. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the 280% increase is today compared to 1960 - so not 100 years
    My mistake...63 years.

today - when savings have cratered, we spend 280% more on education than in 1960.
    According to the chart, personal savings reached their highest levels when education spending was skyrocketing and the top tax rate was 90%.

7. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Again - we increase overall spending every year, so when you brought up this need to expand spending - you were just posting shit that had no relevance. We always increase spending

the end. you tried to keep pulling up bullshit - point out to idiotic examples of how states cut spending on education - meanwhile the spending on education per child skyrockets
    If you dont like spending, what should we cut? Do you have a clue?

8. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,845 Times in 14,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 940 Times in 924 Posts
    Blog Entries

The economy was never shut down.

What was shut down were some points of access, but commerce was definitely happening during the early days of the pandemic.
    The shutdowns started in march of 2020

March 15, 2020
    States begin to implement shutdowns in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The New York City public school system— the largest school system in the U.S., with 1.1 million students— shuts down, while Ohio calls for restaurants and bars to close.

March 19, 2020
    CDC asks healthy people to donate blood if they are able amid a national shortage of blood during the COVID-19 pandemic.

California governor Gavin Newsom issues a statewide stay-at-home order to slow the spread of COVID-19 instructing residents to only leave their homes when necessary and shutting down all but essential businesses.

March 27, 2020
    The Trump Administration signs the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act into law. The act includes funding for $1,200 per adult (with expanded payments for families with children), expanded unemployment benefits, forgivable small business loans, loans to major industries and corporations, and expanded funding to state and local governments in response to the economic crisis caused by COVID-19.

May 12, 2020
    Dr. Anthony Fauci, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), testifies before the U.S. Senate that experts believe more people have died from COVID-19 than have been officially reported and warns against “re-opening” too quickly.

June 8, 2020
    The World Bank states that the COVID-19 pandemic will plunge the global economy into the worst recession since World War II.

https://www.cdc.gov/museum/timeline/...f%20COVID%2D19.
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 02-07-2023 at 02:58 PM.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

9. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

it was shut down.
    No it wasn't. If it was shut down there would have been no economic activity at all, but there was.

you couldn't go to the movies
    You could by May in Texas, Florida, and practically every red state.

Access was only "shut down" for about a couple weeks.

And the movies were being released on streaming anyway...The Hunt, The Invisible Man, Black Widow...all avail on streaming.

In 2021, every single WB film was released in theaters and on HBO Max.

get a haircu
    You could by May 2020 in Georgia.

eat in a restaurant
    You could by May 2020 in most of the country.

see a play
    Again, depending on where you live, you could by the summer of 2020.

camp in the forest
    Again, depending on where you live, you could by the summer of 2020.

So what you're talking about isn't commerce, it's access.

10. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,845 Times in 14,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 940 Times in 924 Posts
    Blog Entries

No it wasn't. If it was shut down there would have been no economic activity at all, but there was.
    What a retarded argument you make
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

11. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so more goal post moves lmao
    I'm starting to think you don't know what that phrase actually means.

You are the one who insisted that low taxes lets you "keep more of what you earn", except that every single data sample proves the opposite.

So instead of reconciling "skyrocketing" government spending with high taxation and high personal savings, you're denying reality and sticking to your dogma even though there is no data or evidence that supports it.

That makes you a zealot.

12. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

yes, that is why. Excess spending without paying for it honestly but via currency debasement
    Except our currency wasn't debased in the 1960's or 1970's and was in fact the strongest currency in the world at the time.

So you have quite the mess to sort through...you insist that tax cuts "lets you keep more of what you earn", but the data says that tax cuts result in lower personal savings.

You try to blame high government spending for low personal savings, but the data shows that when government spending was at its highest, personal savings was also at its highest.

So you jump around from screeching about personal savings (which you knew nothing about) to screeching about education spending (which you also knew nothing about) to screening about the strength of our currency which is yet another thing you know nothing about.

So you just keep hopping from topic to topic because you aren't smart enough to explain the positions you have, or you're just a fucking idiot.

13. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

those on fixed incomes or the poor suffer the most from currency debasement. That is exactly why savings have dropped.
    Nope.

Personal savings have dropped because tax cuts force deficits that cause drops in government spending, forcing those who use it to pay more out of pocket.

There has never been a time in this country where tax cuts ever increased economic activity or generated more revenue than they cost.

Personal savings dropped because people had to take out loans to do things like send their kid to college or pay their medical bills.

14. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not baiting shit troll boy. you are just pissed because I give you the exact amount of respect you deserve
    No you're baiting and trolling and the reason is because you take it personally whenever someone rejects your stupid beliefs.

15. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again - we increase overall spending every year
    Right, but not everything gets a spending increase...so you are lowering the standard of your own argument and debasing it by trying to talk about ambiguous "overall spending".

The reason is because you're just fucking stupid.

Like, really fucking stupid.

16. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you were just posting shit that had no relevance.
    NO.

What I was posting invalidated your argument, so you unilaterally decided it wasn't relevant.

But you don't get to make that call, stupid.