Thread: Border Patrol Agents Told to Not Chase All Vehicles That Flee

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 79 Times in 76 Posts

Default Border Patrol Agents Told to Not Chase All Vehicles That Flee

Another plan by Biden to allow illegals just to come in and cause problems. Biden cares nothing about national security

https://www.theepochtimes.com/border...=BonginoReport

Border Patrol agents will soon be limited in chasing vehicles that flee from them, under new rules unveiled in January and set to take effect in May.

Agents must determine that vehicular pursuits are “necessary and objectively reasonable” under the rules, and can terminate a pursuit at any time without fear of questioning from superiors.

Agents are being told that they must consider factors such as “the seriousness of the reason” for a pursuit and weather conditions when deciding whether to chase a fleeing vehicle that failed to stop at a checkpoint or port of entry—the official places to enter the United States from Mexico and Canada.

“A Vehicular Pursuit is considered Necessary when an Authorized Officer/Agent concludes there is an immediate need to apprehend a subject as part of their enforcement duties based on the totality of the known facts and circumstances,” the rules state.

A pursuit meets the “objectively reasonable” standard when the government’s interest in apprehending the persons or people in the fleeing vehicle “clearly outweighs the Foreseeability of Risk to the public, officers/agents, other law enforcement, and vehicle occupants,” the rules state.

Agents must evaluate the interest and the potential risk when choosing whether to pursue a fleeing vehicle and continue the evaluation during the chase. They must also alert a supervisor “as soon as feasible” during a pursuit and immediately terminate the chase if the supervisor does not authorize it to continue, or orders it stopped.

If a chase is terminated, agents must pull their vehicle over to signal to the public and the fleeing driver that the chase has ended, according to the rules. They must alert superiors. They can then start driving again in the last known direction of the fleeing vehicle to check for “crashes, potential flight on foot, to determine if the Subject Vehicle was abandoned, or for any other incident.”

The rules also suggest alternatives to vehicular pursuits, such as tracking with airplanes.

Troy Miller, who became acting Customs and Border Protection commissioner in late 2022 after the ouster of Chris Magnus, said that vehicular pursuits “pose inherent risks—to members of the public, officers and agents, and vehicle occupants” and that the new policy “acknowledges these risks and shifts our Agency’s overall approach to a risk-based model when it comes to pursuits.”

Magnus stressed that the policy does not bar vehicular pursuits but “provides a clear framework” for weighing the risks associated with pursuits against the benefits.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

There is a record number of arrests this year. Biden broke 2 million in his open border policy. Rightys are misinformed or stupid. Those are your options.

3. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

PostmodernProphet (02-03-2023)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (02-03-2023), Guno צְבִי (02-03-2023), Phantasmal (02-03-2023)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    There is a record number of arrests this year. Biden broke 2 million in his open border policy. Rightys are misinformed or stupid. Those are your options.
    Shows how the border is open and people are getting in

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ira...border-sources

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

American citizens get treated much worse at the border than do the illegal hordes invading America.

What used to be our government is not on our side now....they are against us.

Buckle UP!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

7. The Following User Groans At Hawkeye10 For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (02-03-2023)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Shows how the border is open and people are getting in

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ira...border-sources
    How could you read my reply and say that? The border is not open The walls and fences are still there. We are arresting illegals by the million.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,287 Times in 13,414 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

How could you read my reply and say that? The border is not open The walls and fences are still there. We are arresting illegals by the million.
    Then releasing them into the US to maybe show up for an arraignment in a year or two... MAYBE...

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Then releasing them into the US to maybe show up for an arraignment in a year or two... MAYBE...
    Not true.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If it was not opem millions would not be getting in

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Border patrol agents have to follow the same rules as the local police.

Because so many car chases end up killing innocent people, a lot of police policies have stopped chases.

Getting caught here illegally is still just a misdemeanor.

Why risk people's lives?

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    The rules also suggest alternatives to vehicular pursuits, such as tracking with airplanes.
    how about cruise missiles?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wonder why Nordie ignores the fact there were also a record number of releases, a record number of runaways a record number of people walking across the border and an abysmally record low number of asylum hearings......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Border patrol agents have to follow the same rules as the local police.

Because so many car chases end up killing innocent people, a lot of police policies have stopped chases.

Getting caught here illegally is still just a misdemeanor.

Why risk people's lives?
    Mayorokis is changing it so Border patrol can't chase them to let more illegals in to flood the country