Thread: I had to buy a new pasta roller today....

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default I had to buy a new pasta roller today....

I didn't think those things ever broke! But mine would no longer function. I've had it since I was 20...

So sad.

Got another hand roller. I do love the fresh pasta.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I didn't think those things ever broke! But mine would no longer function. I've had it since I was 20...

So sad.

Got another hand roller. I do love the fresh pasta.
    I just made a huge pan of lasagne two nights ago. I froze a lot of it, the factory made stuff is all crap now I think.

Marcato Atlas 150 with fettuccini and angle hair cutter.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I just made a huge pan of lasagne two nights ago. I froze a lot of it, the factory made stuff is all crap now I think.

Marcato Atlas 150 with fettuccini and angle hair cutter.
    Dry pasta is almost always garbage, and it takes so little time to make my own that I wonder why people don't do it more often. Though it takes a good day to make a solid ragu for bolognese it isn't like you have to stand over it all day once you get it simmering and it makes the house smell so frickin' good. I'm salivating now. I can't wait until the new machine gets here.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh, and Marcato is always the best. A bit expensive, but dayum... Good machine man.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Dry pasta is almost always garbage, and it takes so little time to make my own that I wonder why people don't do it more often. Though it takes a good day to make a solid ragu for bolognese it isn't like you have to stand over it all day once you get it simmering and it makes the house smell so frickin' good. I'm salivating now. I can't wait until the new machine gets here.
    I spent 30 years making fun of people who make pasta ("No I dont make pasta, I dont make hamburger buns either...why would I?"). Then my wife bought me the Atlas and promised to make it well worth my while if I would try it just once (Hubba Hubba).

"SOLD!"

Its not just the quality of the product, it is the ritual in getting there, partly knowing that what I am doing was done way back into time.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Damocles (01-31-2023)

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I may make some lasagna tomorrow, I can cut those noodles without the roller... I have a rolling pin. Lasagna a Diavolo... Mmmmm....
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (01-31-2023)