Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Why is LSD illegal?

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Yeah, it is. https://science.howstuffworks.com/lsd2.htm They have recipes and it takes a few steps. It is not brewed like beer if that is what you mean.
    Though it would be good to have some LSD beer.

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon 2023 View Post
    Do your homework ,it wasn't developed ,there was no purpose, it was stumbled upon by Albert Hofman trying to make a Analeptic ,who accidentally ingested LSD 25 through his skin.
    Correct.

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    It is reauthorized each year, dumbass. It is not a standing army.
    Where do you get that? Please site your source. I won't just be taking the word for it from the man who can't find Sweden on a map.

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 11,513 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Phimosis View Post
    Where do you get that? Please site your source. I won't just be taking the word for it from the man who can't find Sweden on a map.
    I guess you can't spell either.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    I guess you can't spell either.
    Good catch. Thanks!

6. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    What It Is:

LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) is a hallucinogenic drug. Hallucinogens change the way people sense the world around them.
    Sometimes Called:

acid, sugar cubes, white lightning, dose, tripping, blotter

How It's Used:

LSD is odorless, colorless, and tasteless. It can be painted onto small squares of paper that people lick or swallow.
    What It Does:

LSD causes the senses of space, distance, and time to become altered. People say they "hear" colors or "see" sounds, and have strange feelings and strong emotions.

Many users refer to an "acid trip" — when the effects don't let up and can last for up to 12 hours at a time. LSD also can cause "bad trips" — when users experience panic, confusion, sadness, and scary images. Bad reactions can happen with the first use and a user may have flashbacks later, experiencing the feelings of a bad trip even after the drug wears off.

Because LSD also affects judgment and behavior, users might find themselves in a dangerous situation.

Physical changes include increased heart rate and blood pressure, muscle twitches and shaking, dilated pupils, sweating, sleeplessness, and loss of appetite.

https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/lsd.html

What Is a Bad Trip?

Psychedelic drugs can induce fear or distress

A bad trip on acid can bring this spider prop to life for you or you might see even scarier things?!! Make sure you got your mind right before you try acid?!! I recommend some good music, like Jimi Hendrix?!!

Anyone who wants to know about LSD needs to read The Electric Koolaid Acid Test. They'll learn about the Grateful Dead as well.

The U.S govt. paid kids in the late 50s/early 60s to do acid under controlled testing. They wanted to use it as a weapon in war.

Ken Kesey was more than happy to do the tests, as he fucked with the doctors on a daily basis. After getting paid handsomely for the movie rights to his book One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest, he set out on the road with lots of LSD (made by Owsley) and the rest is history.

Bad trips only happen to people who have no control over their mind.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Closest I got to LSD was ecstasy. The more I used it the less effect it had . The first time was the best! Then it tapered off.
    That's because ecstasy is a cockail that varies from batch to batch.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I know I was never into the Alcohol Buzz thing!

I do like me a mild cannabis or sativa high every now and then though- and for me, it's gotta' be Gummy Bears or brownies now, as I quit smoking years ago.

The reason why I never did any other mind-altering drugs- or just drugs in general, is I was afraid I might enjoy them a little too much.
    Everyone...especially world leaders...should be required to do LSD at least once.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (02-03-2023)

10. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Anyone who wants to know about LSD needs to read The Electric Koolaid Acid Test.
    Reading about LSD will never give you meaningful insight into LSD. If anyone wants to know about LSD, they need to try LSD.

Bad trips only happen to people who have no control over their mind.
    You can witness horrific events while on the influence and that will lead to a very bad trip.

Some impure acid can will really mess with your stomach - creating a bad trip.

Had you bothered to read this thread though, you would see everything you offered abut Kesey, the Dead, and LSD I already discussed - in much more detail

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zymurgy For This Post:

serendipity (02-03-2023)

12. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    Reading about LSD will never give you meaningful insight into LSD. If anyone wants to know about LSD, they need to try LSD.

You can witness horrific events while on the influence and that will lead to a very bad trip.

Some impure acid can will really mess with your stomach - creating a bad trip.

Had you bothered to read this thread though, you would see everything you offered abut Kesey, the Dead, and LSD I already discussed - in much more detail
    You can have several good trips, then a bad trip followed by good trips.

13. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Wouldn’t recommend it, as “zymurgy” pointed out, it ain’t what it used to be, now you are not sure what it is, the days of Owsley Stanley and Sunshine Superman are long gone, finished when it became a profit drug
    I said be careful, not to ignore such a wonderful experience altogether

1 - if you do not know anyone else that tried the batch - get a fentanyl test strip so you can rule that out

2 - consider taking a much smaller dose the first time as a trial if you do not know the source - or anyone that tried it

14. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I have never tried it, but I plan on doing so when my kids are a little older....

Why would it be illegal?
    I've never tried it either and don't plan to. I really don't know the answer exactly. I do know that when I was a kid/teenager, they constantly warned us against it. There were stories about people becoming psychotic and incurable. People supposedly thinking they were birds and trying to fly out of high stories. Art Linkletter's daughter died that way. It's not addictive like heroin, cocaine, fentanyl, etc.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    the golden years of lsd are gone - make sure what you are taking is actually LSD

For a long time, nothing else matched the concentrated power of this drug - a single drop of something with such a powerful impact on your state of being - so you could be assured you were getting what you thought you were getting.

This is certainly not the case anymore, which is sad.

so be careful.
    You sound experienced. If you feel comfortable discussing it, I'd like to hear what your experiences were and how you felt about them.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    The constitution doesn't tell the government what powers it may have; only what powers it specifically can't have.
    Libertarians don't have the first fucking clue about the constitution that they claim to revere so much.

Cocaine and opium are natural, have been used for centuries, and shouldn't be illegal, even though they're not the greatest idea.
    Laboratory recreational drugs like LSD should be treated the same as laboratory invented medicines.
    If they do harm and not good, their manufacture should be prohibited.
    LSD was actually synthesized from a naturally-occurring ergot fungus. You can find it on breads, for instance.

In 1951, a village in France was "poisoned" by the fungus/LSD.

1951 Pont-Saint-Esprit mass poisoning

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

NiftyNiblick (02-03-2023)

18. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Maybe you should try Fentanyl first. Lots of Fentanyl.
    Said the fraud who claims to be a licensed physician. Oh, excuse me. You call yourself a "doctor."

19. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

serendipity (02-03-2023)