Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: EV drivers struggle to find charging stations

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,800 Times in 17,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    You claim to never go to charging stations. You charge at home, remember?

The PNW.

Nope. There's a line at the nearby charging station right now.

Don't need any.

I don't need to own an EV to see the line. I don't need to own an EV to know how long they take to charge. I don't need to own an EV to understand the problems with range and performance. I don't need to own an EV to understand Li-ion batteries and what they can do and what they have done (destroy cars, container ships, etc). I don't need to own an EV to observe a freeway and see that less than 1% of the cars on the road are EVs. I don't need to own an EV to see the problems with lithium supplies, cobalt supplies, electrical supplies, or the difficulty in maintaining them that YOU IGNORE.
    I don't need to own an EV to watch government steal my money to pay for YOUR incentives, and to impose mandates for EVs. I don't need to own an EV to understand the science you reject, the engineering you reject, or the math you reject, or the history you reject.

Strawman fallacy.
    My eyes do not fall off when I go someplace. There are charging stations in innumerable places, like malls, restaurants parking structures, restaurants, parking lots, municipal bldgs, and schools. Never saw a line. However, my son does charge when he goes out. He tops off at places. You are wrong as usual.
    You are an example of someone who speaks of what he knows nothing about, pretending the knowledge that you demonstrate is lacking. That is a credentials fallacy.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    My eyes do not fall off when I go someplace. There are charging stations in innumerable places, like malls, restaurants parking structures, restaurants, parking lots, municipal bldgs, and schools. Never saw a line. However, my son does charge when he goes out. He tops off at places. You are wrong as usual.
    It's a fascination to me how the anti-EV folks are all people who don't own any EV's, don't know what is involved and just make shit up about what they THINK is the problem.

No one really thinks EV's are perfect yet, nor does anyone actually think they are a fill-in for every type of vehicle. But it's a revolution and it is starting. And no matter how much the folks who hate progress scream it won't stop the movement.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,245 Times in 13,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    The truth is it's easier to find a charging station than it is to find a place to air up your tires yourself, as most of them either had the hose cut off- or they eat your quarters then don't work.

And most people are more frustrated about that!

So first things first man!

And, if you don't have an EV, stop bitching about things that don't even concern you Mr. BITCHY BODY SNOOTY TOOT!
    I own 4 air compressors of various sizes from two pancake types, one contractor pack, and an 80 gallon vertical. I think I know where to find air to fill a tire...

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I own 4 air compressors of various sizes from two pancake types, one contractor pack, and an 80 gallon vertical. I think I know where to find air to fill a tire...
    Do you think nearly everyone has those compressors? Does your collection solve the tire problems for the whole country? I see lots of people having trouble finding places to fill a tire.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you think nearly everyone has those compressors? Does your collection solve the tire problems for the whole country? I see lots of people having trouble finding places to fill a tire.
    I'm not speaking for everyone. I made the comment about my own situation. Oh, I almost forgot... I have two smaller compressors for use with airbrushes...

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I'm not speaking for everyone. I made the comment about my own situation. Oh, I almost forgot... I have two smaller compressors for use with airbrushes...
    What post did you think you were responding to? Or were you just feel like telling us all about your compressors?

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What post did you think you were responding to? Or were you just feel like telling us all about your compressors?
    Something like that...

8. #23 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,603 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

You are an example of someone who speaks of what he knows nothing about, pretending the knowledge that you demonstrate is lacking. That is a credentials fallacy.
    I suggest you stay out of the country with his EV, the only charging station I know of anywhere close to me is at car dealerships. I don't know if they are on after hours or not.
    BTW, do they charge by the hour on those charging stations you speak of? Do you insert cash or does it take credit cards?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 79 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    The truth is it's easier to find a charging station than it is to find a place to air up your tires yourself, as most of them either had the hose cut off- or they eat your quarters then don't work.

And most people are more frustrated about that!

So first things first man!

And, if you don't have an EV, stop bitching about things that don't even concern you Mr. BITCHY BODY SNOOTY TOOT!
    Just showing how libewrals can't run anything correctly. It will be a fiasco that will do great harm to this country

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I suggest you stay out of the country with his EV, the only charging station I know of anywhere close to me is at car dealerships. I don't know if they are on after hours or not.
    BTW, do they charge by the hour on those charging stations you speak of? Do you insert cash or does it take credit cards?
    Again Type in charging stations near me on your phone. They will pop up on the screen. Of course, they take credit cards. Yeah if you live way out in the country an EV may not suit you. They offer only 250 to 300 mile range. There are some BFE places that they may not be suitable for. Of course, that is for today. Battery range gets longer over and over. There are no hours. You drive up and plug in whenever you choose to.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

I suggest you stay out of the country with his EV, the only charging station I know of anywhere close to me is at car dealerships.
    They have car dealerships waaaaay out there in the boonies??? Cool!

I don't know if they are on after hours or not.
    But you probably don't have "clocks" way out there either, so it's all good!

Guess you'll have to learn more about EV's before critiquing them, won't ya?

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Phimosis View Post
    They have car dealerships waaaaay out there in the boonies??? Cool!

But you probably don't have "clocks" way out there either, so it's all good!

Guess you'll have to learn more about EV's before critiquing them, won't ya?
    That is not how the ICE nuts act. They just say whatever comes to their alleged minds. I treat them with way too much respect. They are playing around.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,243 Times in 7,130 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Just showing how libewrals can't run anything correctly. It will be a fiasco that will do great harm to this country
    Get off liberals Dick asshole!

Liberals is not your problem.

You being an asshole is your problem!

14. #29 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,603 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Again Type in charging stations near me on your phone. They will pop up on the screen. Of course, they take credit cards. Yeah if you live way out in the country an EV may not suit you. They offer only 250 to 300 mile range. There are some BFE places that they may not be suitable for. Of course, that is for today. Battery range gets longer over and over. There are no hours. You drive up and plug in whenever you choose to.
    So you charge for free? Who pays the electric bill?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,317 Times in 9,825 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you charge for free? Who pays the electric bill?
    don't confuse the retard.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

RB 60 (01-31-2023)