Members banned from this thread: Theywillneverlearn!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thai court jails man for 28 years over monarchy comments

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    like....uh.....duhhhhh.......
    you should try ChatGPT......it will make you sound like you actually have a fucking clue......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-29-2023), serendipity (01-28-2023)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,029 Times in 6,680 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    01/26/2023January 26, 2023

The Chiang Rai court ruled that the 27-year-old had violated Thailand's law on royal defamation in 14 of 27 internet posts. Hundreds have been arrested under the law since mass protests in 2020.

The court found that the 27-year-old violated the lese majeste law in 14 of 27 posts for which he was arrested in August. It found that the other posts did not violate the law as they were related to the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej or did not mention a specific royal figure.

The man's lawyer told the Agence France-Presse (AFP) news agency that the original prison sentence of 42 years was reduced following Mongkol's testimony.

Mongkol's lawyer said his client intended to lodge an appeal. The court granted the activist bail of 300,000 baht ($9,100, €8,370) while his case is on appeal.

Mongkol also faces a third royal defamation charge over online posts from last year. He is set to return to court in March.

https://www.dw.com/en/thailand-court...nts/a-64527662
    Exactly where we're headed under trumpism. All about revenge. Like when DeSatan attacked Disney and tried to penalize them for speaking up against his policies.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

4. The Following User Groans At LurchAddams For This Awful Post:

Sirthinksalot (01-28-2023)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-28-2023)

6. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,840 Times in 14,181 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    It is stupid fuckers like you that are bringing these types of actions to reality. Thought police, the gift from the alt lefties.
    Oh one of very limited IQ the thread is about Thailand
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,272 Times in 13,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 800 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I don't know why anyone would want to live in Thailand.
    If you're into whores, trannies, or drugs, I suppose you'd think it was a great place...

8. The Following User Groans At T. A. Gardner For This Awful Post:

serendipity (01-28-2023)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,255 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 155 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    If you're into whores, trannies, or drugs, I suppose you'd think it was a great place...
    Sorry I thought you were better than that, apparently not.

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity View Post
    Sorry I thought you were better than that, apparently not.
    Have you ever been to Thailand? It's the whorehouse capital of the planet, like it or not.

11. The Following User Groans At T. A. Gardner For This Awful Post:

serendipity (01-28-2023)

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Have you ever been to Thailand? It's the whorehouse capital of the planet, like it or not.
    Oh man you really need to wake the fuck up. I live there ffs, don't you ever pay attention!! I am married to same woman for over 30 years, have two half Thai sons who both gained first class honours in computer science in England. The youngest lives in Tokyo and works for a fintech company and my other works in Singapore for Cisco. Not bad for the offspring of a "Thai whore" as that racist bastard Guano likes to call her. I also have a Vietnamese daughter-in-law who he likes to refer to as Gookie. None of the supposed liberals and Progressives ever call him out for his racism.

I suggest that you go to Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines , India, Mexico or just about any country in South America before talking bullshit. You clearly haven't been there in the last 30 years if at all. If you have then I suspect it was with the 7th Fleet to Satttahip.
    Last edited by serendipity; 01-29-2023 at 01:33 AM.

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    It is stupid fuckers like you that are bringing these types of actions to reality. Thought police, the gift from the alt lefties.
    There are fresh elections in May, Thaksin's daughter is likely to win a landslide victory.

The youngest daughter of billionaire former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra remains Thailand's top choice to become its next leader, according to an opinion poll, with more than double the score of incumbent and nearest rival Prayuth Chan-ocha.

Paetongtarn Shinawatra, 36, whose father Thaksin and aunt Yingluck both led popularly elected governments toppled in coups, was the top choice for 34% of respondents in a survey by the National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA).

Paetongtarn's support rose sharply from 21.6% from a September poll, when the majority surveyed were undecided. NIDA polled 2,000 voting-age people between Dec. 17 and Dec. 22.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...ad-2022-12-26/
    Last edited by serendipity; 01-29-2023 at 01:27 AM.

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In countries where there is a still reigning monarch, and that person holds real power, it is usually illegal to one degree or another to disparage the monarchy. Of course, at the moment, Thailand has a rather unstable whack-a-doodle ruling the country. The current King, Rama X for short, isn't exactly stable. I'd say the guy reminds me more of some drug addled movie star who has gotten addicted to celebrity and a hedonistic lifestyle.

People like that, be it in Hollywood, or Thailand, generally don't take criticism well. At least the guy isn't tossing people who disparage him off some tower to show his displeasure...

I'd assume the practice of having to have a picture of the King, and others that surround him, is all but mandatory for businesses and such to put up. That's the norm I've seen in such countries--Big Brother has to watch you if you get the drift...

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In countries where there is a still reigning monarch, and that person holds real power, it is usually illegal to one degree or another to disparage the monarchy. Of course, at the moment, Thailand has a rather unstable whack-a-doodle ruling the country. The current King, Rama X for short, isn't exactly stable. I'd say the guy reminds me more of some drug addled movie star who has gotten addicted to celebrity and a hedonistic lifestyle.

People like that, be it in Hollywood, or Thailand, generally don't take criticism well. At least the guy isn't tossing people who disparage him off some tower to show his displeasure...

I'd assume the practice of having to have a picture of the King, and others that surround him, is all but mandatory for businesses and such to put up. That's the norm I've seen in such countries--Big Brother has to watch you if you get the drift...
    I will send you a PM as you've clearly no idea what's really going on.

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,105 Times in 12,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is a lot of that.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,105 Times in 12,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dispute the WOKE in America and you will increasingly get hurt.

You will Obey...Or Else!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, news about happenings in Thailand aren't exactly making the front page in the US and Europe...

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,315 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Nope not a happy place for an expat , Royal Thai police are keeping a close eye on them , as Thailand becomes closer to China their surveillance state will become stronger I'm sure some Thai's will turn in farangs' overheard talking about the King
    Maybe not a happy place, but definitely a profitable place. The Thai military is stealing land from people, and wants to sell it to Chinese investors. They want middle men, to give everyone deniability, so westerners act as the middle men. A westerner can make millions of dollars a year off the genocide going on in Thailand.

When it all collapses, everyone is going to blame the westerners. The westerners will flee to the west, and we will protect them and their ill gotten gains. It really is a disgrace.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

20. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

serendipity (01-29-2023)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-29-2023)

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,315 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Thailand is a kleptocracy. The genocide is just incidental to the stealing. There is so much untapped potential in Thailand, it is a disgrace that the Thai military, westerner expatriates, and the Chinese are holding Thailand back.

We cannot do much about most of it, but our citizens we can do something about. If an expatriate wants to keep their passport, they should have to prove where their money comes from. Any sign of stolen/genocide money should mean prison time, or loss of citizenship. If the expatriate wants to lose their citizenship, and become Thai citizens, that is fine.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

23. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

serendipity (01-29-2023)