1. #676 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,502 Times in 52,501 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Doc Dutch,

Well, of course, Fox 'News' PR machine is doing their best to try to paint Biden in a bad brush but they are having to get so petty about it not everyone is buying. Support for Biden comes and goes but has generally been on an overall upswing.
    Agreed on Fox Newz. The whole Hunter thing is a good example. While I see Biden as a doddering grandpa who should not run again, if not resign to see what Harris can do before 2024, I don't see him as the evil nitwit his predecessor proved to be.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #677 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,184 Times in 14,718 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

So now Dutch has given himself a fake title to go with his fake certificates.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Lionfish (02-10-2023)

4. #678 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. ExLax - Snakeoil salesman View Post
    Congrats on another fake doctor on JPP!

Thanks ExLax!

5. #679 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Doc Dutch,

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed on Fox Newz. The whole Hunter thing is a good example. While I see Biden as a doddering grandpa who should not run again, if not resign to see what Harris can do before 2024, I don't see him as the evil nitwit his predecessor proved to be.
    Um, it's pretty safe to say President Biden will not be doing that. Harris isn't very popular in the first place and she isn't going to be able to get anything accomplished with a hostile House. If president Biden did as you propose it would be pretty much handing 2024 to the Republican primary winner.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #680 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Doc Dutch,

Um, it's pretty safe to say President Biden will not be doing that. Harris isn't very popular in the first place and she isn't going to be able to get anything accomplished with a hostile House.

If president Biden did as you propose it would be pretty much handing 2024 to the Republican primary winner.
    I doubt any President can get anything done with a "hostile House".

OTOH, after two years of fuck ups, I expect the House to flip back to Democrat...again with a very narrow margin.

Disagreed. The current scenario is another free-for-all election like 2000 and 2016. You know how those turned out. By resigning and letting Harris run as an incumbent, the election favors an incumbent...especially if she has a strong VP. https://www.opensecrets.org/election...election-rates

7. #681 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Doc Dutch,

I doubt any President can get anything done with a "hostile House".

OTOH, after two years of fuck ups, I expect the House to flip back to Democrat...again with a very narrow margin.

Disagreed. The current scenario is another free-for-all election like 2000 and 2016. You know how those turned out. By resigning and letting Harris run as an incumbent, the election favors an incumbent...especially if she has a strong VP. https://www.opensecrets.org/election...election-rates
    Incumbent presidents generally get reelected.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (02-03-2023)

9. #682 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Doc Dutch,

Incumbent presidents generally get reelected.
    Hence my point.

10. #683 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Doc,

Hence my point.
    Perhaps I should have clarified incumbent elected presidents. Only one president did resign, and his vice president became an incumbent who was not reelected. Not much of a record to go on, but it's the only example available.

11. #684 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Doc,

Perhaps I should have clarified incumbent elected presidents. Only one president did resign, and his vice president became an incumbent who was not reelected. Not much of a record to go on, but it's the only example available.
    Nixon's entire administration was tainted beginning with Spiro Agnew.

FWIW, I liked Ford and voted for him in my first Presidential election. Unfortunately, he carried the disgust of the Nixon administration on him.

Biden resigning would be under honorable reasons such as health, not threat of impeachment with a certain conviction.

12. #685 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Doc,

Nixon's entire administration was tainted beginning with Spiro Agnew.

FWIW, I liked Ford and voted for him in my first Presidential election. Unfortunately, he carried the disgust of the Nixon administration on him.

Biden resigning would be under honorable reasons such as health, not threat of impeachment with a certain conviction.
    It is an interesting scenario, but I still have a hard time picturing voters going kindly on the party of a president who resigns.

13. #686 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Doc,

It is an interesting scenario, but I still have a hard time picturing voters going kindly on the party of a president who resigns.
    It depends upon the circumstances, IMO. Still, you are probably right that Biden will ride this out to the end, leaving the Republicans to win another Free-for-All election.

14. #687 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Doc,

It depends upon the circumstances, IMO. Still, you are probably right that Biden will ride this out to the end, leaving the Republicans to win another Free-for-All election.
    Not everyone is as down on Biden as some are.

The more he gets accomplished the more he is appreciated.

And the sane mature leadership is very well received as well.

Such a dial-up from before!

Something about changing horses in the middle of the stream.

15. #688 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Doc,

Not everyone is as down on Biden as some are.

The more he gets accomplished the more he is appreciated.

And the sane mature leadership is very well received as well.

Such a dial-up from before!

Something about changing horses in the middle of the stream.
    I have nothing against Biden as a person. I think he's too old to be President now, much less for another six years.

Same goes for all in Congress over 65. Such people provide a valuable resource as elder advisors, not as those who are required to be constantly awakened at 3AM about some global crisis such as Turkey's earthquake, a Chine spy balloon or other issues.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/09/majo...vey-shows.html
    Majority of Americans don’t want Biden or Trump to run again in 2024, CNBC survey shows

16. #689 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Doc,

I have nothing against Biden as a person. I think he's too old to be President now, much less for another six years.

Same goes for all in Congress over 65. Such people provide a valuable resource as elder advisors, not as those who are required to be constantly awakened at 3AM about some global crisis such as Turkey's earthquake, a Chine spy balloon or other issues.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/09/majo...vey-shows.html
    Majority of Americans don’t want Biden or Trump to run again in 2024, CNBC survey shows
    The job is all about thinking and making good decisions. The only physical concern is that the individual should be healthy enough to be able to make good decisions.

Since the job is about making good decisions and being aware, having the wisdom of having been a human on planet Earth for a long time is an asset.

I have zero problem with the age of President Biden. He has learned a lot of lessons in life. Lessons that never stop. The longer one is around, the more they learn and know, the more aware they become, the more woke they are.

The man obviously has his act together. That SOTU speech was spot on. He hit it outta the park.

He is America's best chance to avoid the extremes of the right.

We dedicated Americans all need to rally behind President Biden for 24.

17. #690 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Doc,

The job is all about thinking and making good decisions. The only physical concern is that the individual should be healthy enough to be able to make good decisions.

Since the job is about making good decisions and being aware, having the wisdom of having been a human on planet Earth for a long time is an asset.

I have zero problem with the age of President Biden. He has learned a lot of lessons in life. Lessons that never stop. The longer one is around, the more they learn and know, the more aware they become, the more woke they are.

The man obviously has his act together. That SOTU speech was spot on. He hit it outta the park.

He is America's best chance to avoid the extremes of the right.

We dedicated Americans all need to rally behind President Biden for 24.
    Agreed the job requirements include thing and decision-making. It also includes the stamina to keep up with the job. You and I both know most Presidents, except for President Executive Time, come out of their terms a lot more aged than 8 years would do to normal people.

Do you think the stress of a possible nuclear confrontation with Russia would wear on a person? Even the decision on what to do with the Chinese balloon is stressful. It's hard enough for a healthy 60 year old and I disagree that it's less stressful on an octogenarian.

If Biden is America's best chance to avoid RW extremism, then I think America is fucked. It means the Democrats have no one better to serve other than an octogenarian. It means if Biden drops dead of a heart attack, then our entire nation will become a fascist state. Is that really the message you want to send, Ms. Poli?

I don't believe in the "Indispensable Man (Woman)" concept. If Biden is America's indispensable man, then our national government has royally screwed up.