Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden didn't "self-report" classified-material mishandling -- he got caught

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,035 Times in 13,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Biden didn't "self-report" classified-material mishandling -- he got caught

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023...caught-n526001

McCarthy blows the “self report” scam to smithereens.

And they hid the findings from the American people for 2 months
    Did anyone have to go to Biden and ask him to return classified documents, no. Ask him if he had any classified materials, no. Even know that he had classified materials, no.

So if no one knew Biden had materials yet the materials have come forward who in the hell bought them forward? Who made everyone aware they existed and he had them?

You and McCarthy are wrong, attempted to reframe facts to sell a fabrication, there is a reason it is on such as “hot air”

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,572 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Why no for Trump and, according to you, Yes for Brandon?
    They were executing a search warrant because Trump refused to turn over the documents.
    Biden did not refuse so no warrant was necessary, no warrant no warrant protocols.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    TLDR answer: Also stupid, but President.

Long answer: The only time Trump had access to such information was when he was a President or a Past President who are always cleared though still must have a Need to Know (past Presidents retain their clearances for their lifetime so that future Presidents can get advice, at least that was what I was told when taking a class in handling classified documents (as to the reason) and just recently read in Barack Obama's Executive order (as to the clearance)). The President also has plenary power (and the VP since that 2009 executive order I didn't know about until recently) to declassify or classify material. While the Archives may not have liked where they were, it is still not clear whether he has broken the law.

I am not making "assumptions" I am reaching reasonable conclusions from the data provided in the stories. Like "some of the material Biden squirreled away was from his time in the Senate"... That right there is what tells me that the VP or President excuse of plenary power to declassify doesn't exist in this case.

You should read the article from the OP, it provides you with information you ignore then pretend others "assume".

Pretending you have kept, illegally, documents in your home for 17 years and then suddenly are self-reporting when you haven't doesn't make being "super cooperative" change that you illegally kept documents in your house for 17 years, didn't self-report and were caught. I get that you think there is some illegal activity by President Trump and actually understand that there actually can be. However repeatedly finding older and older documents kept for decades at Biden's house isn't excused by "But Trump" any longer. We have reached a level of illegality that is above and beyond Trump's stupidity.
    You are making some very big assumptions. The age of the documents does not indicate when they were placed in Biden’s location. The location of the documents does not indicate that he knew they were there.

One time, for example, my sister left some court papers at my house, they were in a drawer that I do not usually look In. Many years after she had left them there, I found them. I did not know they had been there all those years. Maybe my wife put those papers there, maybe my housekeeper, it could’ve been my kids. I don’t know exactly when she had left them. The papers were from 20 some odd years ago, but I’ve only lived in this house for 13 years.

If those papers have been a classified document, I would not be in legal Jeopardy. If, however, national archives called me and said you have classified documents, please turn them over, and I refused, then I would be in legal jeopardy. If, after refusing , a court issued a subpoena for those documents, and I refuse to turn them over I would be in even further legal trouble.
    Last edited by Jarod; 01-25-2023 at 06:48 PM.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    You are making some very big assumptions. The age of the documents does not indicate when they were placed in Biden’s location. The location of the documents does not indicate that he knew they were there.

One time, for example, my sister left some court papers at my house, they were in a drawer that I do not usually look In. Many years after she had left them there, I found them. I did not know they had been there all those years. Maybe my wife put those papers there, maybe my housekeeper, it could’ve been my kids. I don’t know exactly when she had left them. The papers were from 20 some odd years ago, but I’ve only lived in this house for 13 years.
    In order to break the law in question you do not need to "know" or have a "sinister purpose" you simply need to have exposed the documents. And having only one person cleared that has access to the documents does provide a clear and reasonable path to who brought them there. Pretending that folks just drop by Biden's house to drop off documents from his time in the Senate is an absurdity only someone who voted for him would believe, much like the idiots who believe that Trump "declassified every document in his home" on "standing orders". While I do not know if he broke the law, I also do not know that the docs form Biden's VP time broke the law (because of the plenary power), but I do know that the docs from his time in the Senate did break that law as he could in no way have the documents in his house without breaking that law.

Simply being irresponsible with the documents is enough. Taking them from the SCIF at all is enough... and would have been enough for me to lose my job, get an OTH discharge and spend time in Leavenworth as a prisoner, not a guard.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    In order to break the law in question you do not need to "know" or have a "sinister purpose" you simply need to have exposed the documents. And having only one person cleared that has access to the documents does provide a clear and reasonable path to who brought them there. Pretending that folks just drop by Biden's house to drop off documents from his time in the Senate is an absurdity only someone who voted for him would believe, much like the idiots who believe that Trump "declassified every document in his home" on "standing orders". While I do not know if he broke the law, I also do not know that the docs form Biden's VP time broke the law (because of the plenary power), but I do know that the docs from his time in the Senate did break that law as he could in no way have the documents in his house without breaking that law.

Simply being irresponsible with the documents is enough. Taking them from the SCIF at all is enough... and would have been enough for me to lose my job, get an OTH discharge and spend time in Leavenworth as a prisoner, not a guard.
    You honestly don’t believe that Biden had meetings in his home in Delaware that people who attended brought secret documents to? You don’t think it’s possible that Biden was never made aware that such documents were classified? The fact that documents were found in an office vacated two years ago, or even in his garage, is not evidence that he knew about them That is simply not enough to survive a summary judgment in a criminal prosecution.

What we do know is that soon after Trump left the presidency, he was told about classified documents in his possession that are owned by Archives, for two years after that, he refused compulsory legal requirements to return them, and then complained when a warrant was issued.
    Last edited by Jarod; 01-25-2023 at 07:10 PM.

LOCK HIM UP!

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    They were executing a search warrant because Trump refused to turn over the documents.
    Biden did not refuse so no warrant was necessary, no warrant no warrant protocols.
    I didn't ask about a warrant. I asked about the lawyers.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cope.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And the need for a warrant is the reason the lawyers were not allowed to attend the search.

LOCK HIM UP!

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,554 Times in 17,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Biden didn't "self-report" classified-material mishandling -- he got caught

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023...caught-n526001

McCarthy blows the “self report” scam to smithereens.

And they hid the findings from the American people for 2 months
    Biden sat by while FBI agents searched his home for 13 hours.. He did not protest or legally try to stop them. The fact that the papers sat for years should tell you he was doing nothing with them.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,554 Times in 17,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Trump declassified the documents.

Biden’s classified documents date back to the time that he was a senator when he had no authority to de-classify then.

Biden violated federal law by taking classified documents and storing them, illegally, in multiple non-secure locations.
    Nope, Trump did not. He stole classified documents by the truckload. https://thehill.com/opinion/3622679-...apes-decision/ The classification act of 1994 set the parameters. Trump followed none.

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,732 Times in 14,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    You have ZERO proof that they weren't declassified.
    Actually, there is. Contrary to trump's belief that he can declassify documents via delusions, there is specific protocol for declassifying anything.

trump did nothing.

Documents weren't declassified.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Hot air. The irony is delicious.

Biden immediately reported the documents when they were discovered. He did so through his lawyers. Volsrock is a fucking moron.
    Pretty hard to self report something you didn't know existed.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Holy Fuck, the fake doc is so fucking stupid that he thinks the President classifies everything. My God, what a moron.
    This thread is hard to read.

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obama declassified all the documents Biden has. He thought about it right before he left office.
    That would explain the $2 billion payment from Saudi Arabia.