Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden didn't "self-report" classified-material mishandling -- he got caught

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Holy Fuck, the fake doc is so fucking stupid that he thinks the President classifies everything. My God, what a moron.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Althea (01-25-2023), Jarod (01-25-2023)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Obama declassified all the documents Biden has. He thought about it right before he left office.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,957 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Earl (01-25-2023), Yakuda (01-25-2023)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Earl (01-25-2023), Yakuda (01-25-2023)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, they tried to cover it up. They were hopeful they could get the documents back into safety quietly and without the notice of anyone that might hold them accountable.

I am telling you what really would have happened if I did this even by accident when I was working in the SCIF while in the Navy. I absolutely and unequivocally would have served time for it. Now, Presidents and VPs are a bit different, documents follow them around for briefings, material used during the briefings must be returned by the person who took responsibility for them to give the briefing. To me it appears as if he asked for them to leave the documents with him and took responsibility then simply lost track of where he placed them... However he had documents from before he was either the VP or the President... There is where he is going to find no excuse is good enough.

Senators and Congresscritters have access to the documents in the SCIF in the basement of the Capitol, when they have Need to Know (a legal term) and they must follow the rules of the SCIF. No electronics allowed, no images or copies can be made, no transcripts or notes can be taken from the SCIF,

When I worked on such material daily in the Navy I had a file, I could take notes, I had to mark the classification on the top and bottom of the cards I took notes on and at the end of the day my notes were held in my file in the safe in the SCIF.
    Last edited by Damocles; 01-25-2023 at 11:42 AM.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Lshidmtamsfo
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" - Noam Chomsky

"Leftists actually think everyone is as stupid as a leftist." - Yakuda

"No, Trump isn't a fascist, tatt boy." - moon

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Doble rasero
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" - Noam Chomsky

"Leftists actually think everyone is as stupid as a leftist." - Yakuda

"No, Trump isn't a fascist, tatt boy." - moon

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,622 Times in 21,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Yeah, they tried to cover it up. They were hopeful they could get the documents back into safety quietly and without the notice of anyone that might hold them accountable.

I am telling you what really would have happened if I did this even by accident when I was working in the SCIF while in the Navy. I absolutely and unequivocally would have served time for it. Now, Presidents and VPs are a bit different, documents follow them around for briefings, material used during the briefings must be returned by the person who took responsibility for them to give the briefing. To me it appears as if he asked for them to leave the documents with him and took responsibility then simply lost track of where he placed them... However he had documents from before he was either the VP or the President... There is where he is going to find no excuse is good enough.

Senators and Congresscritters have access to the documents in the SCIF in the basement of the Capitol, when they have Need to Know (a legal term) and they must follow the rules of the SCIF. No electronics allowed, no images or copies can be made, no transcripts or notes can be taken from the SCIF,

When I worked on such material daily in the Navy I had a file, I could take notes, I had to mark the classification on the top and bottom of the cards I took notes on and at the end of the day my notes were held in my file in the safe in the SCIF.
    Share your position on Trump being requested to return the documents, then being subpoenaed then complaining about a warrant after refusing to comply with the subpoena?

I noticed you woke up and are making assumptions once Biden was accused!

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LIE! Trump had his for two years. After they nicely requested he return them.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Share your position on Trump being requested to return the documents, then being subpoenaed then complaining about a warrant after refusing to comply with the subpoena?

I noticed you woke up and are making assumptions once Biden was accused!
    TLDR answer: Also stupid, but President.

Long answer: The only time Trump had access to such information was when he was a President or a Past President who are always cleared though still must have a Need to Know (past Presidents retain their clearances for their lifetime so that future Presidents can get advice, at least that was what I was told when taking a class in handling classified documents (as to the reason) and just recently read in Barack Obama's Executive order (as to the clearance)). The President also has plenary power (and the VP since that 2009 executive order I didn't know about until recently) to declassify or classify material. While the Archives may not have liked where they were, it is still not clear whether he has broken the law.

I am not making "assumptions" I am reaching reasonable conclusions from the data provided in the stories. Like "some of the material Biden squirreled away was from his time in the Senate"... That right there is what tells me that the VP or President excuse of plenary power to declassify doesn't exist in this case.

You should read the article from the OP, it provides you with information you ignore then pretend others "assume".

Pretending you have kept, illegally, documents in your home for 17 years and then suddenly are self-reporting when you haven't doesn't make being "super cooperative" change that you illegally kept documents in your house for 17 years, didn't self-report and were caught. I get that you think there is some illegal activity by President Trump and actually understand that there actually can be. However repeatedly finding older and older documents kept for decades at Biden's house isn't excused by "But Trump" any longer. We have reached a level of illegality that is above and beyond Trump's stupidity.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LIE! Trump had his for two years. After they nicely requested he return them.
    Were Trump lawyers present in the room when the FBI raided his home and took the documents?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Earl (01-25-2023)

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump Attorney Says FBI Barred Her From Overseeing Mar-a ...https://www.businessinsider.com › Politics › News
    Aug 10, 2022 — The FBI searched Donald Trump's Mar-A-Lago home Monday evening. ... Trump's attorney says she was barred from observing the search.

Quite different from Biden.

Biden’s lawyers were allowed to sift through the evidence at a crime scene...before the FBI was there.

The lawyers at a crime scene allowed to cull the evidence.

Un-believable.

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Were Trump lawyers present in the room when the FBI raided his home and took the documents?
    No, so? Its protocol not to allow that when executing a search warrant. Should Trump have had special treatment?

LOCK HIM UP!

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Trump Attorney Says FBI Barred Her From Overseeing Mar-a ...https://www.businessinsider.com › Politics › News
    Aug 10, 2022 — The FBI searched Donald Trump's Mar-A-Lago home Monday evening. ... Trump's attorney says she was barred from observing the search.

Quite different from Biden.

Biden’s lawyers were allowed to sift through the evidence at a crime scene...before the FBI was there.

The lawyers at a crime scene allowed to cull the evidence.

Un-believable.
    They were not executing a search warrant in Biden's case. Big difference.

LOCK HIM UP!

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, so? Its protocol not to allow that when executing a search warrant. Should Trump have had special treatment?
    Why no for Trump and, according to you, Yes for Brandon?