Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats push to eliminate the debt ceiling, allow unlimited government borrowing

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,270 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 247 Times in 241 Posts

And what did Reagan have to say?

Attachment 24322

Screenshot 2023-01-26 125442.jpg

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    There are no particular dangers of covid19. This virus does not kill. DEMOCRATS destroying the economy did NOTHING to stop covid19.
    Tell that crap to the families of over 1 million people who died from the disease. So many of whom, on their death beds, wished they had been vaccinated.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump never promised a balanced budget.
    Sadly you spend way too much time with your head up Donalds ass:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...airly-quickly/

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QP! View Post
    Facts don't care about your feelings.

Attachment 24316
    Attachment 24315
    facts don't care about your lies......here, from a source with an actual link....
    https://www.thebalancemoney.com/nati...events-3306287
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The US gov't has been piling on debt for 230 years.

Trump in 4 years put 25% of all the debt in that bucket. 1 dollar in 4 due to Trump.

But Herp Derp, Herp Derp, the GOP is going to save us!!!

That is until the next GOP Potus gets in, then they can spend what the Dem's are forced to save and plenty more.
    dude.....you need some real, Treasury Department data instead of that fake crap from the Demmycrat Underground.......here, educate yourself....

did you even know that we added $26.4T to the national debt while Nancy led the demmycrats?......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Tell that crap to the families of over 1 million people who died from the disease. So many of whom, on their death beds, wished they had been vaccinated.
    most of them died because Biden lied....

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

No one died from covid19.
    Paradox V.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sadly you spend way too much time with your head up Donalds ass:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...airly-quickly/
    You are describing yourself. False authority fallacy.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

We have to recognize how far in the ozone Trumpys are. The debt ceiling does not increase anything. It simply allows us to pay the bills that we already owe. It is not about future spending, but paying for last year's bills. When Daffy Donald was in office, the debt ceiling was raised 3 times without fanfare. That is because it is a procedural operation not linked to future spending. You guys follow MT Greene who is actually a very stupid person.
    If we did not raise the ceiling, we would do huge damage to the economy and the world's respect for America. We would not be able to borrow or pay for our commitments. It would b a disaster. Many Trumpys would be happy to do that. They want America to break down and be remade into the image and likeness of Trump. The horrible disasters, they do not care about.

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    facts don't care about your lies......here, from a source with an actual link....
    Cite what you think in that link disputes that Trump added more debt to the National Debt than both BushJr and Obama combined? Bush Jr adding more debt than the 4 Potus who preceded him?

FACT is Republican's just suck at this and it is Dem's who come in to fix it. Reagan, BushJr, Trump, all with strong economies added record levels of debt. Obama and Biden come in to clean up the disasters they are handed by BushJr and Trump and still do way better than them.

Why you guys cheerlead GOP leadership when all they do is give tax breaks to the rich and pile on debt for everyone else is astounding.

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    dude.....you need some real, Treasury Department data instead of that fake crap from the Demmycrat Underground.......here, educate yourself....

did you even know that we added $26.4T to the national debt while Nancy led the demmycrats?......
    Are you even slightly honest in your presentation?

Did you know MItch led the Republi'CANS' when we added $26.4T to the national debt?

Did you know Cruz and LIndsey Graham were in gov't then too? What does that mean, other than you have no legit way to make a point?

It is simply FACT that Republican POTUS, even when handed hot economies as fixed by the democrats (Clinton to BushJr and Obama to Trump) end up still running up all sorts of debt and then handing off crap economies to the Democrats to fix AGAIN (BushJr to Obama and Trump to Biden).

So if you want to know how to ruin a hot economy (like Clinton or Obama's) give them to GOP leadership.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to QP! For This Post:

evince (01-27-2023)

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Did you know MItch led the Republi'CANS' when we added $26.4T to the national debt?
    did you know he led them to vote against those budgets?......

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is simply FACT that Republican POTUS, even when handed hot economies as fixed by the democrats (Clinton to BushJr and Obama to Trump) end up still running up all sorts of debt and then handing off crap economies to the Democrats to fix AGAIN (BushJr to Obama and Trump to Biden).
    better check you math, Buttercup.......Obama holds the current record for adding to the national debt......

even Clinton was flailing until the Republicans took over congress.......remember how Bill said the Republicans were going to doom the economy with those drastic spending cuts that the demmycrats like to brag about now?.......lol.....

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Cite what you think in that link disputes that Trump added more debt to the National Debt than both BushJr and Obama combined?
    the chart which shows the national debt increments by year......the only year that Trump had with an average of more than $1T a year was the year Nancy wrote the budget and it went to $5.4T......thanks, demmycrats.....

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 79 Times in 76 Posts

There is no such thing as a debt ceiling. Nothing keeps Congress from going into further debt (other than no one wanting to lend them money). Yes, we need less spending.
    Remember the first purpose of any government agency is to justify themselves. They make no profit, so that is not their success metric. Instead the success metric is to justify themselves. If they have to manufacture a crisis to look like the cavalry coming to the rescue, they will do it. They do not want to actually solve a problem, since that would reduce justification for their department.
    First they need to get rid of baseline budgeting then they need to actually do the budget by department and stop the omnibus budgets. They need to stop raising the debt ceiling