Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan homeowner's Nazi flag sparks outrage in historic immigrant community

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Nobody is advocating burning down his house.
    Various posts in this thread dispute this statement.
    "Good times and riches and son-of-a-bitches, I've seen more than I can recall." --Jimmy Buffett

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pointgold View Post
    Various posts in this thread dispute this statement.
    I'm sure you're referring to ThatOwlWoman's post.

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,167 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    This isn't the house, that's not a Nazi flag (it's Canadian), and this isn't the neighborhood in the OP. Try again.
    This is a racist flag flying in a nice neighborhood! You were trying to make the case that only hillbillies are racists! But you try again Mr. UPPITY DO DA!!

4. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm sure you're referring to ThatOwlWoman's post.
    Multiple posts advocate the act of burning the house down because a "flwag hwurt somebunny's feewings!"

The epitome of sickness and fascism. UnAmerican to the core.
    "Good times and riches and son-of-a-bitches, I've seen more than I can recall." --Jimmy Buffett

5. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Multiple posts advocate the act of burning the house down because a "flwag hwurt somebunny's feewings!"

I looked through. Apparently Diesel said that the guy deserves to have his house burnt down.

Of course he has the right to fly that flag and be an asshole towards the Jews and the Holocaust.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Pointgold (01-25-2023)

7. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I looked through. Apparently Diesel said that the guy deserves to have his house burnt down.

Of course he has the right to fly that flag and be an asshole towards the Jews and the Holocaust.
    Yes, he does. Free speech means tolerating that which we disagree with. It is not a green light to commit a crime and burn down a house.

Sick.

8. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    This is a racist flag flying in a nice neighborhood! You were trying to make the case that only hillbillies are racists! But you try again Mr. UPPITY DO DA!!
    That flag is not flying on a house. Mr. Stupidy doopy do da... Seriously. You desperately wanted to try to find some rich idiot flying the flag and couldn't so you post someplace that flies a Virginia Battle Flag on a flag pole (likely one of the states that used it as a state flag back in the day, from back in the day).

Reality is creeping into your brain slowly. You couldn't find a house with a Nazi flag that didn't look like it belonged to welfare recipients because folks who fly that flag are welfare recipients. So instead you had to find a battle flag and pretend it was the same thing, even though it clearly wasn't.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Isnt he actually talking about the confederate flag flying in the background though?
    Again. The "Confederate flag" is a Virginia Battle flag. Back in the day Mississippi literally used it as their state flag though, then changed it to a smaller field on the flag more recently, and I believe are changing it once again (or have already, I'm not sure) to remove it altogether. My guess is he found an old picture of a neighborhood in that state flying their state flag, as states are wont to do, and just assumed that the "Confederate Flag" was the same thing as the Nazi Flag in the OP. While we now associate the battle flag with "the Confederate Flag" the Confederate states never used that flag for the Confederate States...

Anyway, the two things are conflated in his stupid post, and are not an example of any house flying a Nazi flag in a "rich neighborhood"...
    Last edited by Damocles; 01-25-2023 at 05:20 PM.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,167 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

I think its terrible for the guy to fly that flag. BUT,...Are you REALLY saying its ok for he and his family to burn to death in a fire? Good to know...............
    Well the Nazis did march a lot of innocent men, women, and children to the ovens to be burned to death!

Just sayin'

11. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think its terrible for the guy to fly that flag. BUT,...Are you REALLY saying its ok for he and his family to burn to death in a fire? Good to know...............
    Nobody said it was "okay" for that to happen, we just predict it to be more likely to happen to this idiot than others. Being stupid shouldn't be a death penalty, but in this case it just may make him believe he's really "unlucky" or he may actually understand why people might dislike him and like I said is willing to put his family in danger to make his point....
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-25-2023)

13. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well the Nazis did march a lot of innocent men, women, and children to the ovens to be burned to death!

Just sayin'
    Along with several others on this thread, do you find it acceptable to burn a house down because it's flying a flag you don't like?

14. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Always the hater!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

15. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Just sayin'
    True. Here in America though we dont get to burn down somebody elses home because we dont like their politics. If we did everyone would end up homeless...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (01-25-2023)

17. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Along with several others on this thread, do you find it acceptable to burn a house down because it's flying a flag you don't like?
    Would you be surprised if at least he gets his ass kicked?

18. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you Support the Nazis!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?