Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 503

Thread: Michigan homeowner's Nazi flag sparks outrage in historic immigrant community

  1. #226 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    31,590
    Thanks
    3,279
    Thanked 10,293 Times in 8,338 Posts
    Groans
    618
    Groaned 1,344 Times in 1,311 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    True. Here in America though we dont get to burn down somebody elses home because we dont like their politics. If we did everyone would end up homeless...
    Stone the closet Nazi
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

  2. #227 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    17,106
    Thanks
    2,679
    Thanked 7,123 Times in 5,010 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 998 Times in 931 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    That flag is not flying on a house. Mr. Stupidy doopy do da... Seriously. You desperately wanted to try to find some rich idiot flying the flag and couldn't so you post someplace that flies a Virginia Battle Flag on a flag pole (likely one of the states that used it as a state flag back in the day, from back in the day).

    Reality is creeping into your brain slowly. You couldn't find a house with a Nazi flag that didn't look like it belonged to welfare recipients because folks who fly that flag are welfare recipients. So instead you had to find a battle flag and pretend it was the same thing, even though it clearly wasn't.
    Oh so the Confederate flag, used exclusively by racists now, makes you feel better now to call it the Virginia Battle Flag!

    The Confederate flag finds it's way to every Trump Rally! Is that why you play it down?

    How do you know that that house in the OP was lived in by Welfare Recipients?

    It could have been Marjorie Taylor Green's house for all any of us know!

    You guys are deeper than I thought!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 01-25-2023 at 05:34 PM.

  3. #228 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where Woke Goes to Die
    Posts
    1,128
    Thanks
    401
    Thanked 260 Times in 222 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 146 Times in 132 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Nobody said it was "okay" for that to happen, we just predict it to be more likely to happen to this idiot than others. ..
    You must have missed this post.

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...25#post5471525
    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"

  4. #229 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    82,221
    Thanks
    2,281
    Thanked 14,411 Times in 9,188 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 521 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pointgold View Post
    The one that said that nobody said they wanted that to happen? I didn't have to, but it does underline my point.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

  5. #230 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where Woke Goes to Die
    Posts
    1,128
    Thanks
    401
    Thanked 260 Times in 222 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 146 Times in 132 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Would you be surprised if at least he gets his ass kicked?
    That would be assault and battery, another crime.

    Your freedom ends where someone else's nose begins.

    There is no "free pass" for crime, violence or destruction because of hwurt feewings over an inanimate object.
    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"

  6. #231 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where Woke Goes to Die
    Posts
    1,128
    Thanks
    401
    Thanked 260 Times in 222 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 146 Times in 132 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    The one that said that nobody said they wanted that to happen? I didn't have to, but it does underline my point.
    And the rest of the post refutes it:

    "But if the Nazi's house gets burned down, he deserves it. "
    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"

  7. #232 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    25,287
    Thanks
    10,673
    Thanked 12,428 Times in 8,563 Posts
    Groans
    20
    Groaned 769 Times in 733 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Nobody said it was "okay" for that to happen, we just predict it to be more likely to happen to this idiot than others. Being stupid shouldn't be a death penalty, but in this case it just may make him believe he's really "unlucky" or he may actually understand why people might dislike him and like I said is willing to put his family in danger to make his point....
    Slippery slope IMO. Just sayin. Not my house nor am I a Nazi so in the end.....not my problem. Just dont be shocked when the guy across town with the Antifa flag has a cocktail come flying thru his front window one day.

  8. #233 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where Woke Goes to Die
    Posts
    1,128
    Thanks
    401
    Thanked 260 Times in 222 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 146 Times in 132 Posts

    Default

    Or a house with a BLM flag is razed.
    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pointgold For This Post:

    Stone (01-25-2023)

  10. #234 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    82,221
    Thanks
    2,281
    Thanked 14,411 Times in 9,188 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 521 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Oh so the Confederate flag, used exclusively by racists now, makes you feel better now to call it the Virginia Battle Flag!

    How do you know that that house in the OP was lived in by Welfare Recipients?

    It could have been Marjorie Taylor Green's house for all any of us know!

    You guys are deeper than I thought!
    Right. There was no date on the image. My guess is you found an image of a neighborhood in Mississippi back when they used to use that flag as their state flag that was flying the state flag and immediately assumed it was the same thing as some rando using a Nazi flag in Michigan.

    Your example failed to prove your point, it is still failing, and your new nickname of Mr.Stupidy doopy doo da seems to be earned at this point rather than just a snarky redux of your failed nickname to me.

    The reality is, the OP shows a house, like all houses that fly Nazi flags, to be one in a not so good neighborhood and you were unable to find one that was different so you used a different flag, flown on something other than a house and not in a trashy neighborhood, and pretended you had found a gold nugget in the Bering Sea.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

  11. #235 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    25,287
    Thanks
    10,673
    Thanked 12,428 Times in 8,563 Posts
    Groans
    20
    Groaned 769 Times in 733 Posts

    Default

    Once you down that kind of road a whole lot of bad things can happen very quickly. Best to think like an actual Human instead of a stupid jackass.

  12. #236 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    82,221
    Thanks
    2,281
    Thanked 14,411 Times in 9,188 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 521 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Slippery slope IMO. Just sayin. Not my house nor am I a Nazi so in the end.....not my problem. Just dont be shocked when the guy across town with the Antifa flag has a cocktail come flying thru his front window one day.
    That may happen, however the Antifa flag doesn't have such a connotation in the neighborhood across town as the flag of the loser of WWII does in a less than stellar neighborhood in MI. I would not be as likely to predict that kind of mayhem for that guy as I would for the owner of a Nazi flag in a poor neighborhood in MI.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

  13. #237 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    80,561
    Thanks
    32,069
    Thanked 19,789 Times in 15,668 Posts
    Groans
    956
    Groaned 2,239 Times in 2,163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pointgold View Post
    That would be assault and battery, another crime.

    Your freedom ends where someone else's nose begins.

    There is no "free pass" for crime, violence or destruction because of hwurt feewings over an inanimate object.
    My point still stands. There are bad elements in society.

  14. #238 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    80,561
    Thanks
    32,069
    Thanked 19,789 Times in 15,668 Posts
    Groans
    956
    Groaned 2,239 Times in 2,163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Once you down that kind of road a whole lot of bad things can happen very quickly. Best to think like an actual Human instead of a stupid jackass.
    Indeed. He truly is a jackass.

  15. #239 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    25,287
    Thanks
    10,673
    Thanked 12,428 Times in 8,563 Posts
    Groans
    20
    Groaned 769 Times in 733 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Indeed. He truly is a jackass.
    Point being,....the guy who set the fire would also be a jackass. To say nothing of all the unintended consequences so many seem to be missing.

  16. #240 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    80,561
    Thanks
    32,069
    Thanked 19,789 Times in 15,668 Posts
    Groans
    956
    Groaned 2,239 Times in 2,163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Point being,....the guy who set the fire would also be a jackass. To say nothing of all the unintended consequences so many seem to be missing.
    Oh yeah. Both would be jackasses.

Similar Threads

  1. U.S. flag on crane mistaken for noose sparks Memorial Day outrage
    By volsrock in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2021, 06:36 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2021, 12:05 PM
  3. Jimmy Carter II sparks outrage
    By Big Money in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 01:20 PM
  4. TRAYVON MARTIN CARTOON SPARKS OUTRAGE!
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 05:25 PM
  5. Baby with Bong Picture Sparks Outrage
    By RockX in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 05:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •