Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Biden: People know I take Classified Documents, seriously.

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Made what a campaign platform? Liar!
    pretending whatever you wanted.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-24-2023)

3. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,684 Times in 17,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    pretending whatever you wanted.....
    As in...a man pretending to be a woman...as in...Biden is rational...etc.

As in...pretending that Biden did not violate federal law...18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of ...
    https://www.law.cornell.edu › ... › CHAPTER 93
    18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents ... In this section, the term “classified information of the United States” ...
    Last edited by Earl; 01-24-2023 at 07:15 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (01-24-2023)

5. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,692 Times in 5,195 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    As in...a man pretending to be a woman...as in...Biden is rational...etc.
    Silly

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

6. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,684 Times in 17,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Silly
    Yes, it is silly for a man to pretend he is a woman.

Stop doing that.

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Period, not a comma. Fake Doc must have flunked English as well.

8. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,692 Times in 5,195 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Yes, it is silly for a man to pretend he is a woman.

Stop doing that.
    I do not care if someone engages in a silly act, as long as it does not harm others. A man pretending he is a woman does not harm people. You being just as silly with your political arguments does not harm me.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

9. #142 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    You must have put more than that into it, though.
    It's a fabulous car, but it's certainly not a daily driver.

My little Corvette has extravagances like a soft roof for when it rains and electric windows.
    It has sequential multiport injection and doesn't idle like a cement mixer as it did with 1960s mechanical Rochester Ram Jet injection.
    It has hydraulic roller lifters instead of noisy mechanical ones.
    And it, of course, is not as fast as your handsome brute--but I certainly can't drive it as fast as it actually can go, which is pretty fucking fast!
    The overdrive knocks down the steep rear axle ratio. It was less fast at the top end when it had just a four-speed.
    But that's theory. I don't push 150 on the way to the golf course.

Of course, restored coachwork is the only authentic thing about it, and even there, the interior is now real leather, not vinyl.
    Other than that, it's an aftermarket chassis with an aftermarket drive-train.
    Only the VIN on the title is an authentic 1962 Corvette VIN.
    It's thus not really eligible for Corvette Show ribbons!
    You've got me beaten there.
    I'll have that in it once it's cut, buffed and ceramic coated.
    No, no daily driver. Of course, neither is your Corvette.

I could get a soft top for (last I heard years ago) for $2500 and they leak anyway. I did get caught in a heavy downpour about an hour away from home once. I needed a bilge pump when we got home.
    Mine has that "race car" rumble and it's loud, especially with the sidepipe 3 feet from your ear. It's actually the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven. But it does have leather interior and 5 point harness.
    It has a solid 2X4 steel frame, Willwood (non-power) racing brakes, fully independent susp, Jaguar rear end and rack and pinion (non-power) steering for the modern upgrades. It is a replica after all. A modest change from the '87 Lincoln Mark VII LSC that previously occupied my garage.

It's sharp, and has a distinguished look to it, just as I'm sure your Vette does. It's really fun to drive. I got in with about 10 or so guys from a car club of local small towns and outskirts and we travel to car shows together. I bought this thing to drive. It was the dream of an 8 yr. old kid who first saw one back then. Lots of nice cars around here. We country hicks like our hot rods too, you'll find some of the best mechanics around here.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 Times in 7,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I'll have that in it once it's cut, buffed and ceramic coated.
    No, no daily driver. Of course, neither is your Corvette.

I could get a soft top for (last I heard years ago) for $2500 and they leak anyway. I did get caught in a heavy downpour about an hour away from home once. I needed a bilge pump when we got home.
    Mine has that "race car" rumble and it's loud, especially with the sidepipe 3 feet from your ear. It's actually the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven. But it does have leather interior and 5 point harness.
    It has a solid 2X4 steel frame, Willwood (non-power) racing brakes, fully independent susp, Jaguar rear end and rack and pinion (non-power) steering for the modern upgrades. It is a replica after all. A modest change from the '87 Lincoln Mark VII LSC that previously occupied my garage.

It's sharp, and has a distinguished look to it, just as I'm sure your Vette does. It's really fun to drive. I got in with about 10 or so guys from a car club of local small towns and outskirts and we travel to car shows together. I bought this thing to drive. It was the dream of an 8 yr. old kid who first saw one back then. Lots of nice cars around here. We country hicks like our hot rods too, you'll find some of the best mechanics around here.
    If I were a wealthy man with a collection,
    all registered, insured, maintained, and in summer months, driven,
    it would definitely include a car like your Cobra--289 and 427 Cobras, in fact--complete with the race car vibe which I didn't choose for the '62 Fuelie.

When you're not Jay Leno and only have one, and that's me since the Lincoln looks like a pipedream, you have to decide how you want to go with it.

There are lots of options. Despite modern suspension, steering, and brakes on the aftermarket chassis,
    similar to C4 except coilovers instead of the transverse leaf, the new "fuelie" has less race car vibe than does the original configuration,
    just on the strength of efi and no solid lifter sound. The old hot cams didn't have valve spring metallurgy to tolerate very high lift, so they did it all with overlapping duration which idled horribly.
    Some people love the sound, but I'm an old grump, right?

I wish, by the way, that Total Controls Products, which has tons of aftermarket products which allow one to upgrade a vintage Gen I Mustang without going to major full frame conversion,
    also offered that same gear for the mid-eighties Thunderbirds and Lincoln MkVIIs like yours. Those were great cars to hot rod if only the aftermarket supported it.
    Who wouldn't rather have a MkVII than some ubiquitous Chevelle SS or GTO or 442? Please.

As for country mechanics, NASCAR was invented by them, but they all, in my own limited experience, seem to love carburetion more than efi.
    EFI adds so much to normal street drivability if you're fussy about stuff like that.
    When they electrified Hilborn eight-stack, that was probably the ultimate, but they're gone, now.

Having no car maintenance skills whatsoever, I don't have to worry about what's better for DIY.
    Last edited by NiftyNiblick; 01-26-2023 at 09:38 AM.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969