Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sending Tanks To The Ukraine.

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debatefix View Post
    No doubt you have all seen this if you watch the news. The Ukraine is asking the West for tanks. But there seems to be some reluctance to do so. There was also reluctance to send the Ukraine fighter jets. But I don't see what the big deal is. During both the Korean War and the Vietnamese War, Russia sent both of them tanks and aircraft. I say that Tzar Putin and Russia in general could use a little payback in that regard. I see that there seems to be some reluctance to reply to me. But I will ask it anyway. Do you agree or disagree.
    1812 Overture

Putin is the last holdout against the tyranny of the Globalist Empire. Unlike decadent America, he is serious about enforcing Russia's own Monroe Doctrine, which is his right as much as it used to be ours.

The Ukraine's military is a puppet army financed solely by the wealthiest and most militarily advanced power in the world. But the same can be said about the Nazis and Napoleon.
    On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders

We won't live free until the Democrats, and their voters, live in fear.

2. The Following User Groans At The Sage of Main Street For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (01-25-2023)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity View Post
    Not sure that Abrams can be sent at short notice and Ukrainians trained up on them.
    Yeltsin Was Too Drunk to Notice the Looming Encirclement

The Yukees have been trained on everything the New World Order military has ever since George Global, Sr., was President.

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The Puma Infantry Fighting Vehicle is a very different vehicle than the Leopard 2 Main Battle Tank. They look kind of the same, but they are completely different categories of weapon systems.

The Leopard 2 shares many characteristics with the Abrams, because the Abrams was designed with German help at the same time as the Leopard 2. They are not interchangeable, but they make most of the same design decisions.
    Behind the scenes, I'm thinking there are trust issues. Under Obama, we were reluctant to send arms due to massive corruption in the then Ukraine govt..

Each day Zelenskyy seems to arrest/dismiss/punish traitors within his ranks. I have to wonder if there are demands for guarantees re. vetting troops before the world agrees to send more complex weapons?

I have a hard time believing that the world still gives credence to all of Putin's bluffs?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    I cannot argue with any of that. Ukraine should have been made part of NATO decades ago - before they invaded Crimea. It would have prevented all of this.
    We tend to forget that the Manafort installed govt. in Ukraine was pro Putin. After that it was run by a corrupt energy czar, and ultimately Zelenskyy ran on an anti corruption platform.

Ukraine had to prove itself before becoming a NATO member.

Now that Putin's key operative is no longer POTUS, he chose to move on Ukraine.

I'm guessing there is a lot of behind the scenes strategy that we know nothing about.

Because the answer seems fairly simple
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

LurchAddams (01-26-2023)

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Supporting a particular political cult doesn't gain anything. And in case you don't know, there were communist countries who were still bitter rivals with another.
    The Birchers Were Right for the Wrong Reason

The Chicoms hated the Bolshies from as early as 1930. So this "monolithic Communism" was an ignorant CIA scare-story from the very beginning. Russia would not have intervened if MacArthur had nuked the Chinese invasion force staging inside China. Both Koreas would have been united and free. But Truman, a whore of the Military-Industrial Complex, needed to provide an excuse for massive military spending, so he let China maintain its power.

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

As far as I have heard, Russian troops and American troops never directly fought each other in Syria.
    It depends on how you define "Russian troops." The Wagner Group(Russian mercenaries) battled US forces(mainly Marines on the ground) in the Battle of Khasham. In the Ukrainian Invasion, the Wagner Group has been acting as a special force within the Russian Army. In Syria they acted as Russian military advisors.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

The possibility of Allied troops on the Chinese border After defeating NK was a shit excuse for getting involved.
    The Chinese did not want North Korea to collapse, and did not want to have US troops on their border. Right or wrong, they decided to enter the war.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,515 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The Chinese did not want North Korea to collapse, and did not want to have US troops on their border. Right or wrong, they decided to enter the war.
    They were right, as it turned out. They're still right.

Yanqui- go home.

US foreign policy stinks.
    Last edited by moon; 01-26-2023 at 07:27 AM.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

11. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    We tend to forget that the Manafort installed govt. in Ukraine was pro Putin. After that it was run by a corrupt energy czar, and ultimately Zelenskyy ran on an anti corruption platform.

Ukraine had to prove itself before becoming a NATO member.

Now that Putin's key operative is no longer POTUS, he chose to move on Ukraine.

I'm guessing there is a lot of behind the scenes strategy that we know nothing about.

Because the answer seems fairly simple
    The fact that people like Manafort, Stone, Flynn, Bannon, and twump are still running around free proves there are two systems of justice in America. The fact that twump is free to run for president again makes America an international joke.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

12. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

No doubt you have all seen this if you watch the news. The Ukraine is asking the West for tanks. But there seems to be some reluctance to do so. There was also reluctance to send the Ukraine fighter jets. But I don't see what the big deal is. During both the Korean War and the Vietnamese War, Russia sent both of them tanks and aircraft. I say that Tzar Putin and Russia in general could use a little payback in that regard. I see that there seems to be some reluctance to reply to me. But I will ask it anyway. Do you agree or disagree.
    what a pile. payback for Vietnam determines a war policy in Ukraine? moronic
    US support swamps the little the Euros do -they take a free ride for the most part on our dime
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

The Sage of Main Street (01-26-2023)

14. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    The fact that people like Manafort, Stone, Flynn, Bannon, and twump are still running around free proves there are two systems of justice in America. The fact that twump is free to run for president again makes America an international joke.
    We learned a lot about our govt. when trump was in office. Many things that we thought were law, were simply accepted protocols that no POTUS ever thought about ignoring. From day one, trump had his legal team discern what is, and what isn't codified law.

He set out to monetize the office, and for 4 years he funneled taxpayer money right into his own pockets.

Those you mention had enough dirt on trump to squeeze pardons out of him.

Not to mix metaphors, but life is long, and patience is a virtue.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

LurchAddams (01-26-2023)

16. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As far as I have heard, Russian troops and American troops never directly fought each other in Syria.
    but now we have al th makings of a traditional war against Russia with armor -oh that will never happen?
    Who would ever have thought tanks when we started this escalation? Put the war material out there, it has a way of being used

17. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just saw an "expert" on Morning Joe claim that it will be months before these tanks will actually be in Ukraine. They haven't even been built yet apparently and even after they are it will take months to train the Ukrainian army how to operate them. Many more people on both sides will die before then. So tragic - not only for Ukraine but for Russian soldiers who really aren't on board with this invasion.

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

18. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Russia has a permanent airbase in Khmeimim , Syria but Syria is recognized as a longtime Russian client state

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

The Sage of Main Street (01-26-2023)

20. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    We learned a lot about our govt. when trump was in office. Many things that we thought were law, were simply accepted protocols that no POTUS ever thought about ignoring. From day one, trump had his legal team discern what is, and what isn't codified law.

He set out to monetize the office, and for 4 years he funneled taxpayer money right into his own pockets.

Those you mention had enough dirt on trump to squeeze pardons out of him.

Not to mix metaphors, but life is long, and patience is a virtue.
    Yep, twump exploited every loophole, starting with not divesting himself of his business. I think I heard the revenues he hauled in by having foreign dignitaries stay in his properties was in the hundreds of thousands. Remember the incident where he made - I think it was Pence stay in one of his UK properties so far away from where his actually meeting was he had to be flown back and forth to his meetings? Such obvious grift - but still, the GOP had no problem with it.

The Secret Service had to stay at his properties as well and pay twump inc an exhorbinant amount to do it.

At least twump did one good thing - demonstrate which loopholes need to be closed.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Althea (01-26-2023)