Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cop who arrested black scholar is profiling expert

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    At most, he walked onto his fucking porch. Give me a goddamned break with your nonsense. You haven't been correct about much yet get all uptight about something that is, at best, unclear from the police report. And you ignore that Gates was instructed to speak to the officer outside by the officer.

I'm not obsessed over anything. I think it's hilarious that you knuckleheads want to claim Obama said something wrong when all he said was the obvious: the cop acted stupidly.
    typical lib tactic on this board....when shown they are wrong...you call it "nonsense" or you use the "nitpicky" defense....yeah....facts don't matter dungheap

the only thing i was wrong on here is grind....all else i have been right on...you keep saying all this happened inside....that is false, you're exhibiting backfire effect

obama should have interjected himself into something that he said he didn't know all the facts on....the prof wanted this and he got his attention....you're just giving him more than his 15 minutes

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    typical lib tactic on this board....when shown they are wrong...you call it "nonsense" or you use the "nitpicky" defense....yeah....facts don't matter dungheap

the only thing i was wrong on here is grind....all else i have been right on...you keep saying all this happened inside....that is false, you're exhibiting backfire effect

obama should have interjected himself into something that he said he didn't know all the facts on....the prof wanted this and he got his attention....you're just giving him more than his 15 minutes

I've read the report. The officer says that Gate exhibited tumultuous behavior inside his home and outside his home in view of the public. What difference does it make? Let's say everything happened on the porch. Who gives a shit? It doesn't make the arrest any less stupid or stand on any firmer ground than if some of the conduct occurred inside and some on the porch.

And yes, the mistake that you make was just on the law. That's all. Nothing important.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

I've read the report. The officer says that Gate exhibited tumultuous behavior inside his home and outside his home in view of the public. What difference does it make? Let's say everything happened on the porch. Who gives a shit? It doesn't make the arrest any less stupid or stand on any firmer ground than if some of the conduct occurred inside and some on the porch.

And yes, the mistake that you make was just on the law. That's all. Nothing important.
    it was irrelevent as i later found the law and the law actually said pretty much what grind said....big whoop

it makes a difference, read the law

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

first off, disorderly conduct is a general catch all statute that should be ruled unconstitutional....period. It's a piss ant charge used when citizens act out against authority, especially when they are right.

This is Massachussets, right?

A disorderly person is defined as one who:

* with purpose to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or
    * recklessly creates a risk thereof
    * engages in fighting or threatening, violent or tumultuous behavior, or
    * creates a hazard or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose.

nobody has a right to be free from public inconviencence, nor being alarmed or annoyed.
    no idea what they actually mean by 'risk thereof'.
    fighting or threatening, violent or tumultuous behavior certainly does apply, so at least we have part of a law that is supposed to work.
    the last one - "creates a hazard or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose." the last I remember, standing up for civil rights is definitely a legitimate purpose, in fact, it founded this nation.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    first off, disorderly conduct is a general catch all statute that should be ruled unconstitutional....period. It's a piss ant charge used when citizens act out against authority, especially when they are right.

This is Massachussets, right?

A disorderly person is defined as one who:

* with purpose to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or
    * recklessly creates a risk thereof
    * engages in fighting or threatening, violent or tumultuous behavior, or
    * creates a hazard or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose.

nobody has a right to be free from public inconviencence, nor being alarmed or annoyed.
    no idea what they actually mean by 'risk thereof'.
    fighting or threatening, violent or tumultuous behavior certainly does apply, so at least we have part of a law that is supposed to work.
    the last one - "creates a hazard or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose." the last I remember, standing up for civil rights is definitely a legitimate purpose, in fact, it founded this nation.
    Reminds me of a friend who said that when she was younger, she once flipped off a cop and he charged her with disorderly conduct. The judge dismissed the charge but she still had the aggro to contend with.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

But arresting the guy was stupid. I think the hoopla surrounding the event is testimony enough to the stupidity of the act.

You don't need all the facts to know that arresting a guy at his own house for saying things the cop didn't like is stupid.
    So maybe the homeowner shouldn't have been so STUPID!!

Thanks for agreeing.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Obama's assertion was supported by the Cambridge Police Department who called the incident "regrettable and unfortuante."

One didn't need all the facts to know that arresting this guy was stupid.

AND there is no doubt this cops superiors had a talk with him and told him how to better handle such situations.

How does this embarrass Obama .. except with the crowd that doesn't like him anyway?
    Do you have a statement that shows they were saying the incident was "regrettable and unfortunet" from what they did, or is it possible that it was "regrettable and unfortunet" that the Prof acted like an idiot?

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I repeat, one does not need all the facts to recognize that arresting a man who broke into his own house then became rude to a cop in an environment where racial tensions already exist is STUPID .. VALIDATED by his own department who quickly dropped the charge AND called the incident "regrettable and unfortunate" .. in other words, STUPID and it's something they don't need.
    Then you don't feel it was STUPID for the Prof. to act the way he did, in an enviroment where racial tensions already existed??

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    The funny part is these so called conservatives are laughing it up and completely dismissing this as some sort of left wing race baiting, when to be honest, everyone needs to be concerned.
    What's been substantiated in this case is that cops can do whatever the hell they want to do. If they want to arrest you for questioning them or if you say something they find to be offensive, or if they've had a fight with their wife, you can be arrested.

Where is all the whining about censorship and individual rights and "America"?
    You might be arrested and investigated for being stupid, in you keep allowing yourself to post the way you do.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    Yes. That's it. He wanted to get arrested in front of his house on his way home from the airport. My God! Our resident Sherlock Holmes has cracked the case.

why didn't we think of this.
    Because you're stupid.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

dude........................................

how

many

times

do

i have to tell you that he followed the cop outside?

you keep repeating things simply are not true....did you read the report? you guys are obsessed over this

GAWD, does dungheap even read the posts he's responding to, or does he just react??

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

At most, he walked onto his fucking porch. Give me a goddamned break with your nonsense. You haven't been correct about much yet get all uptight about something that is, at best, unclear from the police report. And you ignore that Gates was instructed to speak to the officer outside by the officer.

I'm not obsessed over anything. I think it's hilarious that you knuckleheads want to claim Obama said something wrong when all he said was the obvious: the cop acted stupidly.
    Thank you, Ms. Cleo, for reading their minds.

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

[QUOTE=Yurt;475084]they didn't arrest him for saying things they didn't like...they arrested him for disorderly conduct....are you ever going to get your facts straight on this? earlier you were claiming they arrested him in his house....

you don't have all the facts so you cannot say it was stupid...for obama do it is absurd, for people like you and i it really doesn't matter because no one really listens to us....but the president just caused that guy national embarrassment when the idiot president said he didn't even know all the facts....only moron would do that

this case is nothing but the prof getting attention so he can write his next book about racism...it is clear that guy had nothing big going on since his last series so he sees a great opportunity and immediately starts yelling racism and then makes a big national ruckus over it....it's so transparent

The man is in his own house, most likely being treated roughly or at the least treated with little or no respect, what is disorderly conduct on the part of a homeowner in his own residence? Was it so difficult a task to determine if an UNARMED man was, in truth, who he claimed to be?
    It is the profiling that was "so transparent".
    Last edited by belme1201; 07-23-2009 at 10:45 PM.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

wrong again....he saw the opportunity as it came, when the cops got there he immediately started SCREAMING racism....he knew exactly what he was doing and it worked...he is back in the spotlight....and oh my, the very next day he is working the circuit telling everyone about his new book....

you guys are just politically biased you can't see the truth of the matter

You were there? I notice that you, who so vehemently denounces "racism" when discussed by the other side, seem to be, miraculously, around when you are attempting to turn the racism discussion to your own way of thinking. I presume, given your expertice, that you speak having experienced bigotry and profiling?
    Last edited by belme1201; 07-23-2009 at 10:44 PM.

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Obama's assertion was supported by the Cambridge Police Department who called the incident "regrettable and unfortuante."

One didn't need all the facts to know that arresting this guy was stupid.

AND there is no doubt this cops superiors had a talk with him and told him how to better handle such situations.

How does this embarrass Obama .. except with the crowd that doesn't like him anyway?
    Bullshit! that uppity negro wanted this shit. He immediately started yelling about how this was what happens to black men in america.

well fuck that shit. white people are losing promotions because black people are too stupid to pass tests.

here's the racist test
    http://documents.nytimes.com/new-yor...aminations#p=1

LOL I bet you can't point out one question that's racist.
    The claim is that blacks don't get as much practice as those white folks.

bwahahaha get off the corner sipping 40's with your homies you losers