Thread: Satan At Work. Through YOU!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,361 Times in 52,411 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMode View Post
    I am atheist. That doesn't mean I don't know what the Bible says.

What strawman did I build and what assumptions did I make?
    Agreed.

This is one:
    Are you saying that Satan has no impact on peoples' decisions and subsequent behavior?
    You claim to be an atheist yet you believe in Satan? WTF?
    Or will you confess to trolling and only seeking to aggravate bipolar nutjobs?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,328 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed.

This is one:

Is that a problem?

I saw the thread title and knew instantly this was another of your beloved happy hunting grounds.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-30-2023)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Through me?
    Specifically you. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Damocles (02-01-2023)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
    Nature Is Satan's Realm. Nature Is a Crime Against Humanity, So It Can't Be Divine

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-30-2023)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 29 Times in 29 Posts

Agreed.

This is one:

I don't believe in Satan or God, that doesn't mean I don't know what the Bible says to be able to ask questions for clarification.
    "If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide that proves they should value evidence."

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Is that a problem?

I saw the thread title and knew instantly this was another of your beloved happy hunting grounds.
    Watching people who are supposedly sane and intelligent argue with nutjobs always strikes me as odd. Argue as opposed to discuss/ask questions.

Nothing wrong with exploring the minds of nutjobs, but taking them seriously is a different matter.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-30-2023)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't believe in Satan or God, that doesn't mean I don't know what the Bible says to be able to ask questions for clarification.
    Then you answered your own question, son. The answer is in the book you claim to know. What others say about it is a matter of opinion.

The straw man is that you keep referencing a book you don't believe in. Why?

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He's a sock, but I'm not sure whose. I'm thinking something like "This is goat sober and this is goat on drugs..."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then you answered your own question, son. The answer is in the book you claim to know. What others say about it is a matter of opinion.
    There are many contradictions in the Bible and a lot of interpretations and assumptions made by readers of the Bible. But, to a point you're right. Ultimately, however Satan does his work to inflict horrible suffering on the world, it's with God's consent.

The icing on cake, if you believe in the New Testament version of the afterlife, is that most of the people who have suffered at the hands of Satan's "temptations" will also get to suffer for eternity in hell.
    "If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide that proves they should value evidence."

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He's a sock, but I'm not sure whose. I'm thinking something like "This is goat sober and this is goat on drugs..."
    There's a difference? I think his exile ends tomorrow. Notice how his alter ego, CO, has also been absent? Coincidence?

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There are many contradictions in the Bible and a lot of interpretations and assumptions made by readers of the Bible.

But, to a point you're right. Ultimately, however Satan does his work to inflict horrible suffering on the world, it's with God's consent.

The icing on cake, if you believe in the New Testament version of the afterlife, is that most of the people who have suffered at the hands of Satan's "temptations" will also get to suffer for eternity in hell.
    No shit. Agreed on a book that was compiled 300 years after the event in which it depicts.

See? Straw man. You're making a claim about a supernatural creature in which you have declared you don't believe. You believe Evil is a force, I don't. I see it as the absence of Good just like darkness is the absence of light.

I don't believe in Hell as a place to be sent as much as a place some people choose to reside. I'm a big believer in Free Will. You're free to believe "the Devil made me do it"...or your parents, your genes, your culture, whatever. LOL

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No shit. Agreed on a book that was compiled 300 years after the event in which it depicts.

See? Straw man. You're making a claim about a supernatural creature in which you have declared you don't believe. You believe Evil is a force, I don't. I see it as the absence of Good just like darkness is the absence of light.

I don't believe in Hell as a place to be sent as much as a place some people choose to reside. I'm a big believer in Free Will. You're free to believe "the Devil made me do it"...or your parents, your genes, your culture, whatever. LOL
    Either you believe that Satan exists and influences peoples' behavior or you don't. The girl who is being sexually molested by her step dad right now, probably doesn't care if it's because Satan directly talked to her attacker or simply "tempted" him, right? She probably just wishes her attacker would stop. Meanwhile, God just sits by and watches.

"I don't believe in Hell as a place to be sent as much as a place some people choose to reside."

Are there any other New Testament beliefs you ignore?

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Either you believe that Satan exists and influences peoples' behavior or you don't.

The girl who is being sexually molested by her step dad right now, probably doesn't care if it's because Satan directly talked to her attacker or simply "tempted" him, right? She probably just wishes her attacker would stop.

Meanwhile, God just sits by and watches.

"I don't believe in Hell as a place to be sent as much as a place some people choose to reside."
    Are there any other New Testament beliefs you ignore?
    Nice back pedal with "influence". Temptation is influence. It's not terrorizing, forcing or otherwise negating one's free will. It's a matter of choice. Why do you have a problem with that?

Agreed on anyone being abused. It's why we have laws against such things.

Nice straw man about a supernatural creature you claim to disbelieve. Why don't you go argue with the bipolar about that one? LOL

Another straw man, dumbass. Quote which "New Testament beliefs" I'm ignoring. TIA

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There's a difference?

I think his exile ends tomorrow. Notice how his alter ego, CO, has also been absent? Coincidence?
    Yes. One is more insane than the other.

No coincidence IMO. LOL

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nice back pedal with "influence". Temptation is influence. It's not terrorizing, forcing or otherwise negating one's free will. It's a matter of choice. Why do you have a problem with that?
    There's no back pedal. I'm just calling any kind of impact Satan has, no matter how direct or indirect, "influence".

Agreed on anyone being abused. It's why we have laws against such things.
    Laws don't stop all crimes and have nothing to do with Satan or God. God, by virtue of the fact that he knows everything, knew/knows that Satan's influence will result in horrible suffering, yet he chooses to do nothing to stop it, including not creating Satan in the first place.

Nice straw man about a supernatural creature you claim to disbelieve. Why don't you go argue with the bipolar about that one? LOL
    I don't believe in Satan or God, but I still know what the Bible says and I can point out reasoning that don't make sense. I don't believe in Santa Claus either, but I can tell you that the famous poem "Twas the night before Christmas" doesn't say any of the reindeer were named Jose.

Another straw man, dumbass. Quote which "New Testament beliefs" I'm ignoring. TIA
    Admittedly, I misread your comment about Hell, so my "ignoring" comment can be ignored.
    Last edited by ZenMode; 01-30-2023 at 01:49 PM.