Lightbringer (01-18-2023)

5. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Pimpo has no brain to think.
    true dat. Anyway, this is probably my last night here. It's been a pleasure.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-18-2023)

7. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    true dat. Anyway, this is probably my last night here. It's been a pleasure.
    You have been a funny guy.

8. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 84 Times in 79 Posts

[QUOTE=BidenPresident;5458766]The Wedge Document, the manifesto written by the Discovery Institute (DI) to outline the future proliferation of Intelligent Design (ID), was composed in 1998. It was leaked a long time ago, and you can see it here. If you read it, you’ll find that they’ve missed their temporal “goals” by a long shot.

In fact, Intelligent design has been discredited, and in the 2005 Kitzmiller decision in Pennsylvania, Judge Jones declared ID “not science” so that teaching it in public schools was prohibited as an incursion of religion into government. ID pretty much died after that, and there have been no further judicial decisions, so banning ID from public schools is the law. (Fingers crossed that the new, religiously conservative Supreme Court doesn’t change that.) ID sure as hell isn’t “the dominant perspective in science.”

Dear BidenDing-Bat,

Please describe the state of affairs that obtained immediately before the "BIG BANG". Bidenpresident.

You are a shit-for-brains Democrat, and even a Democrat who openly supports Biden - which means you must, in fact, have a Down's Syndrome range IQ . Therefore I am not expecting any kind of meaningful/rational response from you ( rather, just some pitiful ad hominem slur).

Dachshund - the Wonder Hound

DLM....Dachshund Lives Matter !!
    Last edited by Dachshund; 01-18-2023 at 04:15 AM.

9. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    The Wedge Document, the manifesto written by the Discovery Institute (DI) to outline the future proliferation of Intelligent Design (ID), was composed in 1998. It was leaked a long time ago, and you can see it here. If you read it, you’ll find that they’ve missed their temporal “goals” by a long shot.

In fact, Intelligent design has been discredited, and in the 2005 Kitzmiller decision in Pennsylvania, Judge Jones declared ID “not science” so that teaching it in public schools was prohibited as an incursion of religion into government. ID pretty much died after that, and there have been no further judicial decisions, so banning ID from public schools is the law. (Fingers crossed that the new, religiously conservative Supreme Court doesn’t change that.) ID sure as hell isn’t “the dominant perspective in science.”

https://whyevolutionistrue.com/2023/...own-the-drain/
    Intelligent design is called humanity. natural displaced ancestors is called homo sapien species.
    Every brain born has a lifetime conflict with ancestral displacement and intellectual social position within the population present. Why, life is a compounding connection between inception, conception, death, extinction life doesn't exceed what exists now.

10. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Something had to pop into existence. We can see and measure structures in the universe. They exist. Claiming some spiritual being popped into existence and created it all adds unnecessary complexity with no gain. Why did he pop into existence? Who created him? Why did he create the universe? The universe is a shooting gallery of collisions, explosions, dying planets and stars. it is not well-tuned. Earth will get destroyed by a rock shooting through the universe if we don't blow it up first.
    I purposefully steered away from words like spiritual and deity because those anthropomorphic concepts for what amounts to a metaphysical question of ontology.

If I had to use a human concept, I am inclined to use the Neo-confucian concept of Li, which is thought of as a higher organizing principle underlying the cosmos. Something beyond physics and chemistry.

I previously discussed several possibilities for the origin of the Big Bang -->

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...82#post5459082

But all of these explanations have problems.

We couldn't explain what this higher organizing principle came from, or why it caused the big bang.

On the other hand, invoking a quantum fluctuation for the cause of the big bang has it's own problems. If we went to something from nothing in the blink of an eye, there shouldn't have been laws of physics in the nothingness, and there wouldn't have been a Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle to tell virtual particles to create themselves.

It's possible our simian brains just don't have the cognitive capacity to fathom the reasons for the cosmos. And we might not even really understand space and time adequately to grasp any sort of higher reality or hyperdimensions.

But it sure is fun to speculate!

11. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

The Sage of Main Street (01-18-2023)

12. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    It's a hypothesis.
    which is incapable of scientific testing.....we've covered that....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Now you admit chemical abiogenesis is testable
    no.....I did not......I said organic chemistry is testable......abiogenesis is not......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not sure the question. Science has a method for producing knowledge.
    yes.....it involves testing......

15. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You're just frantically googling for tidbits of information on metamorphosis and the Miller Urey experiment, after reading my posts.
    dude......I've argued metamorphosis and Miller here for years......if you don't believe it do a search here for either......

and you are right......my graduate work is in the area of the law and theoloigy, my college classes were in history, sociology and philosophy.......I only took one college science class, basic chemistry, in college......

none of that changes the fact that everything I have posted in this thread is 100% right.......sorry if that chaps your sense of superiority, but you already know what you can do with that silly thing........

16. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is on you. I would not assert that a being I cannot comprehend did something. How would we know?
    the same way you would "know" that things just happened by random chance.........you make a faith choice......

17. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Then why posit a designer?
    Occam's Razor makes it more likely than that the world we see around us just happened randomly.......

18. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

but why posit it if there is no way to discern if it is true.
    show us an idea about origin that can be discerned as true.......

19. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Claiming some spiritual being popped into existence and created it
    has anyone made that claim?......