Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Credit where credit is due, you were very prescient. He was easy to defend when he couldn't throw the ball.
    he is a rookie that was being schemed around his inability to see the whole field and play the game at NFL speed

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    he is a rookie that was being schemed around his inability to see the whole field and play the game at NFL speed
    There has got to be something more (personal) here. Guy came in and won his first eight starts, including two playoff games. Doesn’t mean he’s the second coming but this idea that he’s not fit to be an NFL QB is really a strange take. Did he go to your college rival?

3. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There has got to be something more (personal) here. Guy came in and won his first eight starts, including two playoff games. Doesn’t mean he’s the second coming but this idea that he’s not fit to be an NFL QB is really a strange take. Did he go to your college rival?
    noting personal against him. He was a rookie. the 49ers were put in a bad spot losing the first 2 qb's they went into the year with. The only thing personal is how idiots that don't watch much football were trying to treat him like the next Montana and blow smoke up my ass

4. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

noting personal against him. He was a rookie. the 49ers were put in a bad spot losing the first 2 qb's they went into the year with. The only thing personal is how idiots that don't watch much football were trying to treat him like the next Montana and blow smoke up my ass
    There is a large space between being the GOAT (Montana) and your claim of him essentially not being an NFL QB. It just feels very personal. Dude showed he can play.

5. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Jalen Hurts gets it done!

And Devonta "Slim Reaper" Smith makes an amazing one handed catch!! Bama is well represented!!
    Technically you need some quotes around catch because it wasn’t one. But as far as the game is concerned, which is all that matters, it was a catch and he made a hell of a play (even if he didn’t really catch it).

6. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is a large space between being the GOAT (Montana) and your claim of him essentially not being an NFL QB. It just feels very personal. Dude showed he can play.
    He is not an nfl quality starting qb yet. He certainly may be some day, but he needs to grow quite a bit first. the 49ers will certainly look to improve in the off season as scheming around his limitations will only get them so far

7. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He is not an nfl quality starting qb yet. He certainly may be some day, but he needs to grow quite a bit first. the 49ers will certainly look to improve in the off season as scheming around his limitations will only get them so far
    Outside yesterday, he went 8-0 as a starter. Pending the results of todays MRI he’ll be the starting QB next year and Lance will be the back up. We don’t need, nor do we have the cap money, to pay someone else to come in as a starter.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

leaningright (01-30-2023)

9. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Outside yesterday, he went 8-0 as a starter. Pending the results of todays MRI he’ll be the starting QB next year and Lance will be the back up. We don’t need, nor do we have the cap money, to pay someone else to come in as a starter.
    he didn't go 8-0 - the team did

I'm bored with you. sophomoric schoolyard talk like giving an individual a team stat.

10. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

I'm bored with you. sophomoric schoolyard talk like giving an individual a team stat.
    Hey, you got to give “cawacko” a break, the 49ers rode to the championship game on an emotional high with a surprising rookie quarterback who didn’t get to prove what he might have been able to do due to an injury. Nothing is worse to a fan than an early devastating injury determining the outcome of a big game

11. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Althea (01-30-2023)

12. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You certainly wouldn’t be the first person bored talking to me but nothing sophomoric about what I’m saying. You’re choosing not to accept the nuance of the discussion. The NFL has a salary cap. Teams love QB’s who can perform on a rookie contract. The 49ers are not a team, as currently constructed, who need a QB to be all world. They also can’t afford to pay someone $20 or $30m to be the starter. Therefore they will likely go with what they have.

Purdy has shown he can lead this team. That’s what the 49ers need. Again, I don’t know your angle. Are you simply anti-Purdy? Are you a Tom Brady guy and want him coming home next year and see Purdy as being in the way?

13. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I’ll throw this out there as well. Listening to KNBR this morning (SF sports talk radio), all hosts and people being interviewed think Purdy will be the starter next year. You can call that boring or sophomoric but I’m essentially repeating what’s already being put out there

14. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You certainly wouldn’t be the first person bored talking to me but nothing sophomoric about what I’m saying. You’re choosing not to accept the nuance of the discussion. The NFL has a salary cap. Teams love QB’s who can perform on a rookie contract. The 49ers are not a team, as currently constructed, who need a QB to be all world. They also can’t afford to pay someone $20 or $30m to be the starter. Therefore they will likely go with what they have.

Purdy has shown he can lead this team. That’s what the 49ers need. Again, I don’t know your angle. Are you simply anti-Purdy? Are you a Tom Brady guy and want him coming home next year and see Purdy as being in the way?
    the 49ers played in a super soft division - they took advantage of an easy schedule, but they would be foolish to not try to improve next year.

I don't care for the 49ers, but I respect the head coach - and his ability to scheme around limitations - and Purdy clearly has limitations.

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick - and he was nowhere ready to be a starting qb in the NFL either as a rookie

15. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the 49ers played in a super soft division - they took advantage of an easy schedule, but they would be foolish to not try to improve next year.

I don't care for the 49ers, but I respect the head coach - and his ability to scheme around limitations - and Purdy clearly has limitations.

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick - and he was nowhere ready to be a starting qb in the NFL either as a rookie
    Purdy went into the season as the third string QB. There was zero desire on behalf of the 49ers to have him play this year. But injuries are a reality in the NFL and when called upon he answered the bell. There was talk locally that Shanahan had more faith in Purdy than Jimmy G. and was willing to open up his playbook even more for him. That doesn't mean Purdy is destined for stardom or the Hall of Fame but the idea that Purdy can't play in the NFL and is easy to scheme for etc. etc. just doesn't match up with that reality.

16. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If I may ask, as if we were having a beer, who is your team? I'm trying to understand if this 49ers/Purdy dislike/hate is simply an East Coast thing or maybe you are a Raiders fan (and this line of arguing would make sense).

17. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If I may ask, as if we were having a beer, who is your team? I'm trying to understand if this 49ers/Purdy dislike/hate is simply an East Coast thing or maybe you are a Raiders fan (and this line of arguing would make sense).
    Dallas Cowboys - but pro sports are not a real passion anymore - it is very hard to respect the athletes today

like how Kelce acted for the chiefs after winning - I'm sick of seeing this punks show their asses all the time