Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    It wasn't really pretty but Purdy and the Niners got the job done. He's going to have to play better for them to beat the Eagles but he's shown he's capable. Bills are obviously out and Mahomes ankle throws a little wrench into the mix. You can make a compelling case why any of the four remaining teams could win the SB.

The Eagles earned the #1 seed this season and are rightfully favored but the 49ers have weapons on both sides of the ball and will come out playing physical so don't write them off.

I think the 49ers defense will keep them in the game. But eventually Jalen Hurts (Roll Tide!) will be too much for them.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

It wasn't really pretty but Purdy and the Niners got the job done. He's going to have to play better for them to beat the Eagles but he's shown he's capable. Bills are obviously out and Mahomes ankle throws a little wrench into the mix. You can make a compelling case why any of the four remaining teams could win the SB.

The Eagles earned the #1 seed this season and are rightfully favored but the 49ers have weapons on both sides of the ball and will come out playing physical so don't write them off.
    Purdy is everything I thought. A good defense can easily keep him to few points

The Eagles couldn't of asked for an easier championship matchup IMO

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    Purdy is everything I thought. A good defense can easily keep him to few points

The Eagles couldn't of asked for an easier championship matchup IMO
    This is the Niners third NFC Championship Game in the last four years. They aren't some upstart team coming out of nowhere. They play a very physical brand of football both on defense and especially on offense. And they've discovered a gem in Purdy who while not a Mahomes or Allen level talent has that 'it' factor about him and shows incredible poise and leadership on and off the field.

So it's interesting to hear the Niners thought of so lightly based on what they've accomplished. I hope the Eagles overlook them as well.

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

This is the Niners third NFC Championship Game in the last four years. They aren't some upstart team coming out of nowhere. They play a very physical brand of football both on defense and especially on offense. And they've discovered a gem in Purdy who while not a Mahomes or Allen level talent has that 'it' factor about him and shows incredible poise and leadership on and off the field.

So it's interesting to hear the Niners thought of so lightly based on what they've accomplished. I hope the Eagles overlook them as well.
    I don’t think many took them as “light,” especially over the last half of the year, usually seen them ranked behind the Eagles and Vikings in the NFC, but can’t say the NFC West was the toughest, nor their playoff opponents

But as a bipartisan fan, got to say beating Philly right now will be a task, like the Bengals, they looked as best as they had all year

Now, who do you think has the bigger payroll, USC or the 49ers? Florida just lost the ten million dollar high school kid, and he is from the west coast, so is USC now in the running?

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I don’t think many took them as “light,” especially over the last half of the year, usually seen them ranked behind the Eagles and Vikings in the NFC, but can’t say the NFC West was the toughest, nor their playoff opponents

But as a bipartisan fan, got to say beating Philly right now will be a task, like the Bengals, they looked as best as they had all year

Now, who do you think has the bigger payroll, USC or the 49ers? Florida just lost the ten million dollar high school kid, and he is from the west coast, so is USC now in the running?
    I give Philly their due, they looked good against the Giants. Now the Giants aren't all that good a team but Philly handled their business. Props to them.

That QB is a Nor Cal kid, he's from the East Bay. I'd love to see him stay home and go to Cal but that will never happen (random fun fact, Cal has had more starting Super Bowl QB's than any other school). We already got the top QB recruit for next year, we aren't going after that kid. (Not a hard sell to get a young QB to play for Lincoln Riley).

Our N.I.L. game is week. We've lost several players to bigger bags. The University is being very conservative in how we handle N.I.L. (compared to schools like cough, Oregon and Miami, cough).

6. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    I think the 49ers defense will keep them in the game. But eventually Jalen Hurts (Roll Tide!) will be too much for them.
    Hurts isn't 100%
    What day is Michaelmas on?
    When is the Mass on Michael?
    AM I ,I AM's,AM I
    I AM,I AM's, AM I

7. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,766 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    How many other franchises can say they have six Super Bowl championships? DUH!
    I can think of one.
    One that won a couple of its AFC titles at Heinz Field [as it was then called].
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

8. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

I give Philly their due, they looked good against the Giants. Now the Giants aren't all that good a team but Philly handled their business. Props to them.

That QB is a Nor Cal kid, he's from the East Bay. I'd love to see him stay home and go to Cal but that will never happen (random fun fact, Cal has had more starting Super Bowl QB's than any other school). We already got the top QB recruit for next year, we aren't going after that kid. (Not a hard sell to get a young QB to play for Lincoln Riley).

Our N.I.L. game is week. We've lost several players to bigger bags. The University is being very conservative in how we handle N.I.L. (compared to schools like cough, Oregon and Miami, cough).
    You can get SF right now with two and half points, McCaffrey top choice to score the first TD of the game on the prop bets

I don't think it, or many of the big NIL packages, comes down to what coach, or who for that matter, you play for, but the money

9. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

10. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Minister of Truth View Post
    Nice to see the Cowgirls eliminated.
    R.jpg
    How bout dem Cowboys
    What day is Michaelmas on?
    When is the Mass on Michael?
    AM I ,I AM's,AM I
    I AM,I AM's, AM I

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Melchizedek = Michael For This Post:

Minister of Truth (01-29-2023)

12. #146 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I can think of one.
    One that won a couple of its AFC titles at Heinz Field [as it was then called].
    Yep. That's one, but not many others..
    Yep, that too. A hard pill to swallow.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

13. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,766 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Yep. That's one, but not many others..
    Yep, that too. A hard pill to swallow.
    That's sports. Sometimes we win, and sometimes we lose.
    Right now, my Pats, for whom I used to cheer in Fenway Park when I was in college in the 1960s, are doing a lot of losing again.
    By the way, the tickets at Fenway Park were seven bucks back then.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

14. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Listening to the radio this morning it was reported almost 20% of the secondary buyers for tickets to the game are from California. And the price for the game is almost double the cost of the KC-Cincy game. So it's not just real estate that we Californians drive the price up of. Everybody knows that Philly fans are trash. A large number of Californians visiting might bring some class to that God forsaken City.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

16. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Purdy might be some new thing to you, but he played at Iowa State and I have been well aware of his skills and limitations for some time. The Eagles are fortunate to be playing a rookie qb in the championship game is all I am saying. He will be hard pressed to keep up with their ability to score

17. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,768 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minister of Truth View Post
    Nice to see the Cowgirls eliminated.
    Long time no see!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post: