Don't be afraid to see what you see

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    And of course the SF guy has to check in with his west coast bias

How in the hell can you have a “team theme song” that is over two minutes long and has nearly a twenty second intro? Love to hear the crowd try to sing and dance to that one, the guy sitting in the stands can run out and get another beer before the song ends

If they only had Hugh McElhenny
    As an aside, did you see E-40 (and Too Short) were invited to the White House yesterday with the Warriors? Kamala Harris was born in The Town.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Weak division? It was definitely down this year for sure but the Super Bowl winner, the two participants in the NFC Championship Game and three playoff teams came out of the division last year.

Only one team is going to win the SB obviously but the Niners have a good a chance as anyone. Purdy has shown he can handle the pressure and the talent on the rest of the roster matches anyone else. All props to Philly and the season they have had but Brock Purdy has won more playoff games than Jalen Hurts. Point being don't pencil them into the SB just yet.

(Edit: I think K.C. is rightfully the favorite to win the SB but they aren't an unbeatable team.)
    yes, very weak. Last year is meaningless. No sense even bringing it up - every year is different in the NFL

It isn't a coincidence that 3 out of the 4 left in the NFC are in the East. I think Washington was even a better team than the Seahawks - as was the Lions.

Purdy has not played a top defense yet. He will sunday. I expect he will look confused and very much like a rookie. Fortunately for him the running game and defense is the strength of that team

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    yes, very weak. Last year is meaningless. No sense even bringing it up - every year is different in the NFL

It isn't a coincidence that 3 out of the 4 left in the NFC are in the East. I think Washington was even a better team than the Seahawks - as was the Lions.

Purdy has not played a top defense yet. He will sunday. I expect he will look confused and very much like a rookie. Fortunately for him the running game and defense is the strength of that team
    Purdy will be fine.Should be a good game.
    What day is Michaelmas on?
    When is the Mass on Michael?
    AM I ,I AM's,AM I
    I AM,I AM's, AM I

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

That's a great song by a Bay Area rap legend. It's more a theme song for the fans but it represents the Bay and the 49ers very well.
    Ain’t a team song, Buffalo’s “Shout,” or the Cubs “Go Cubs Go,” are theme songs, something everyone in the stadium sings along to, ain’t no two minute rap song matches those for crowd participation or excitement

And SF is a good club, exciting, with lot of talent, but teams traveling East, which eventually they would have to do if Philly emerges as predicted, especially in incumbent weather, often don’t fare well

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    How many other franchises can say they have six Super Bowl championships? DUH!
    Green Bay has more NFL wins than any other team in history, but it ain’t helping them, nor the cheeseheads feel any better today

7. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

LurchAddams (01-18-2023)

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post

No one is proclaiming him to be the next Mahomes or Allen. But dude has a certain 'it' factor about him and has done an incredible job so far. The Niners have numerous weapons on offense and arguably the best defense in the league. Can the Cowboys beat them? Sure. But sleep on the Niners at your own peril.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

leaningright (01-18-2023)

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As an aside, did you see E-40 (and Too Short) were invited to the White House yesterday with the Warriors? Kamala Harris was born in The Town.
    Most famous personality to come out of SF were the Grateful Dead, Levi Strauss, and McElhenny, I got his card in a classic NFL trading card series when I was a kid, couldn’t trade for anybody, but I recall OJ saying he was one of inspirations starting out in football

11. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

LurchAddams (01-18-2023)

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,167 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Anyone watching? I realize some on my side of the political aisle quit the NFL a few years back but surely there are some like me who hung in there. I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the games this weekend and even though they’ve gone about like I have figured, most have been closer than I thought they would be … cough…Bills…cough.

Went to Buffalo Wild Wings after church last night to watch Cincinnati and Baltimore. Glad Cincinnati pulled it out.

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks.
    I watched every NFL game I could this year, even switching back and forth to watch some of them. I guess, because there is some kind of a void in my life for several months after the Super Bowl every year. So, I just take advantage of the NFL season by soaking up as much of it as I can while it is here.

This year has been a special year for me, because all of my favorite teams are in the NFC EASTERN DIVISION. And 3 of them are still in the playoffs after the first round of playoffs, so one of my favorite teams is definitely going to go to the Super Bowl now, well unless San Fransisco wins this Sunday, and they are also a great team this year. Hopefully, my Home Town Team- The Dallas Cowboys will be able to overcome them this Sunday. But that is not to say, I don't have much respect for every team in the league, both NFC or AFC. I have never seen such a league where every team is so talented in their own ways. There are so many good quarterbacks now, It would be difficult for me to even start to create a DREAM TEAM of my very own given so many great choices out there today.

I love my fandom with the Dallas Cowboys, and they don't really have to win every game to make me happy. I enjoy them when they win, but I also enjoy them whether they lose or win. I mean there is always next week- Next year!

Sorry, as I cannot even make an educated guess who is going to the Super Bowl, as any team still in the playoffs now, could win it all.

No Sir, this one will have to play itself out as always.

May the best team of 2023 win!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 01-18-2023 at 12:53 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

leaningright (01-18-2023), LurchAddams (01-18-2023)

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I AM,I AM's,AM I View Post
    Purdy will be fine.Should be a good game.
    As a Cowboys fan, he definitely has me worried. They've been playing better than they have all year. Scary...

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    My beloved GIANTS pulled a win out...and looked rather good doing it. Next week they go up against the Eagles. Gonna be a MUCH tougher game. I hope they do well.

Games so far have been exciting, LR.

My brother (who is Hard Right) gave up the NFL during the kneel-taking stuff, but he has come back to enjoy the games.
    I love the New York Giants! I am a huge fan of Daniel Jones. And I am so happy to see him get some well deserved attention and respect now across the league.

I am also a huge fan of Barkley. Something magical about his skills.

I am also impressed with how the Offensive and Defensive lines has so much improved as the season went long.

And how can you go wrong with such an intelligent coach as Brian Daboll? An he is one of the nicest men you would ever want to meet or play for.

So, the NY Giants can beat anyone now! Good luck in the playoffs! And congratulations to the NY Giants organization for re-building this team and restoring it's winning tradition.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-18-2023)

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    AFC teams are better, and if KC, Buffalo, or Cinn don't beat each other up getting to the Super Bowl, I would expect the league's entry to win
    AFC teams are not any better than NFC teams as a whole. The AFC has the very same problem that the NFC teams have, and that is- they don't know each other's league's teams as well as they do their own teams in their league- because rarely do they ever get to play each other. Both the NFC and AFC build their teams to beat the other teams in their own Conference and league.

But no league is better than any other! As the NFC has only won one more super bowl than the AFC has won in all the years of the Super bowl- 28 to 27.

That is pretty even steven- IF YOU ASK ME!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 01-18-2023 at 01:31 PM.

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I AM,I AM's,AM I View Post
    I think it's going to end up Philadelphia and Kansas City
    Well, that is a safe bet, since those are the highest seeds!

I guess, I am more of a, "I'll take the underdog", kind of rebel sort.

I loves me a good upset! [Geeko Sportivo]

19. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I am a Steelers fan!

My two favorite teams are the Steelers and whoever plays Dallas.
    (we do have a good up and coming QB)

Keeping it here in PA, I guess I'm for the Eagles.
    Hating the Dallas Cowboys is what makes the Cowboys so Great! [Geeko Sportivo]

Just' sayin'

20. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No team has a theme song like the 49ers with E-40 and Bang Bang Niner Game. And once again we get the hated Cowboys and America gets to watch the rise of one Mr. Brock Purdy. It's only Tuesday and the pre-game butterfly's/excitement is already flowing. Can't wait.

The Cowboys and the 49'ers are pretty evenly matched!

It'll be like watching the Super Bowl before the Super Bowl!

But someone will have to lose the game. Someone will run out of time.

I'll just say this up front- the team that wins will be the team that makes the fewest mistakes!