Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post

Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    It is usually state law.
    now it can be a federal law......
    Ahh, but by your ass backwards "thinking" you acknowledge that there is no rampant cases of failed aborted children being purposely murdered (left to die). Also, given how you MAGA minions wail like banshees about "nanny state' and such, you suddenly WANT government interference. Funny that, as you also want direct gov't interference to make a rape victim bring a pregnancy to term.

You MAGA folk are major hypocrites.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

This should be a state matter (like abortion). We shouldn't always be seeking to centralize power at the federal level.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post

Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post

This should be a state matter (like abortion). We shouldn't always be seeking to centralize power at the federal level.
    Ahhh, but we see time and again that there are states who mandate NOT act in the best interest of it's citizen's. Without federal mandates in many cases, you'd have a collection of various state laws that would contradict the very name "United States of America".
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Reality check - please don't waste everyone's time with out of context quotes accompanying your MAGA machinations.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/th...-alive-debate/
    so please explain how keeping a child born, alive is "aimed at restricting access to legal abortion".........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-17-2023)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ahh, but by your ass backwards "thinking" you acknowledge that there is no rampant cases of failed aborted children being purposely murdered (left to die).
    according to the statistics from the fact checking link you just gave us, 1.97% of abortions.......given the fact there have been 63 million abortions since 1972 that means a total of 1,241,100 born children......that is the population of Dallas, TX......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (01-17-2023)

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

fair......if we eliminate all other laws that should be state matters........can we make a deal?.....

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

fair......if we eliminate all other laws that should be state matters........can we make a deal?.....
    Sure, although there are many areas with a legitimate debate about whether it should be federal or state (and some that are concurrent), criminal law is one area that has been increasingly federalized. I think Congress wants to show it is doing something about crime. If it is a federal crime it sounds more serious to many.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sure, although there are many areas with a legitimate debate about whether it should be federal or state (and some that are concurrent), criminal law is one area that has been increasingly federalized. I think Congress wants to show it is doing something about crime. If it is a federal crime it sounds more serious to many.
    well if you're in favor of strengthening protections in abortion clinics I shouldn't have to offer that much to seal the deal......

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Reality check - please don't waste everyone's time with out of context quotes accompanying your MAGA machinations.

so please explain how keeping a child born, alive is "aimed at restricting access to legal abortion".........
    From the article: What is an “abortion” under the bill? Would the recent legislation pertain to cases of preterm births? What about induced labor for reasons of fetal abnormalities?

This is one of the matters of dispute. Sasse’s office says the bill is aimed at “botched abortions,” but a doctor speaking on behalf of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, which opposed the bill, told us it would pertain to difficult situations in which parents make the decision with clinicians to induce labor for medical reasons such as fetal abnormalities.

PLEASE LEARN TO READ CAREFULLY AND COMPREHENSIVELY! I've been telling you and your brethren this for YEARS! If you STILL don't understand, get someone nearby to explain it to you.

George Orwell

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

From the article: What is an “abortion” under the bill? Would the recent legislation pertain to cases of preterm births? What about induced labor for reasons of fetal abnormalities?

This is one of the matters of dispute. Sasse’s office says the bill is aimed at “botched abortions,” but a doctor speaking on behalf of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, which opposed the bill, told us it would pertain to difficult situations in which parents make the decision with clinicians to induce labor for medical reasons such as fetal abnormalities.

PLEASE LEARN TO READ CAREFULLY AND COMPREHENSIVELY! I've been telling you and your brethren this for YEARS! If you STILL don't understand, get someone nearby to explain it to you.
    how does requiring a doctor to give a born child medical care interfere with his ability to give decisions regarding abortions?.......killing a child after it is born is clearly NOT an abortion......or is it your belief that its okay to induce labor of a child with defined abnormalities solely for the purpose of killing it after it is born.......and if it is your belief, are you man enough to admit it......

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ahh, but by your ass backwards "thinking" you acknowledge that there is no rampant cases of failed aborted children being purposely murdered (left to die).
    according to the statistics from the fact checking link you just gave us, 1.97% of abortions.......given the fact there have been 63 million abortions since 1972 that means a total of 1,241,100 born children......that is the population of Dallas, TX......
    Funny how NONE of the stat stunts you pull here are present in the link I provided. Why don't you copy & paste the EXACT paragraphs or lines that prove IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAY HERE. If you can't, that makes you a LIAR. The burden of proof is on YOU. So spare us all the BS....put up or STFU.

George Orwell

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Funny how NONE of the stat stunts you pull here are present in the link I provided. Why don't you copy & paste the EXACT paragraphs or lines that prove IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAY HERE. If you can't, that makes you a LIAR. The burden of proof is on YOU. So spare us all the BS....put up or STFU.
    sorry.....it wasn't 1.97%......it was 1.3%......whoopey!........it was the defense raised by your fact check......

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

sorry.....it wasn't 1.97%......it was 1.3%......whoopey!........it was the defense raised by your fact check......

From the link: Late-term abortions are rare. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 1.3 percent of abortions in the U.S. were performed after 21 weeks gestational time, according to 2015 data.

NOTHING in the link supports or documents the rest of your previous supposition and conjecture....pure BS from you.

It's like I keep trying to school you and your brethren....you can't lie in a printed medium...especially when it's so easy to check source material and see your lies.

The OP stands...your detour into MAGA mush fails as usual.

George Orwell

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

how does requiring a doctor to give a born child medical care interfere with his ability to give decisions regarding abortions?.......killing a child after it is born is clearly NOT an abortion......or is it your belief that its okay to induce labor of a child with defined abnormalities solely for the purpose of killing it after it is born.......and if it is your belief, are you man enough to admit it......
    You have yet to conclusively prove what you claim is happening in no uncertain terms. You've already proven your penchant for misrepresenting the facts. Folk like you have their own interpretation of medical science that defies what doctors know from hands on experience, so your hyperbole language is of no consequence unless you're a fellow fanatic. From the link: the bill “puts physicians in a terrible situation” where they know the appropriate medical care but wonder what the legislative interpretation of the circumstance would be, under the threat of criminal penalties. “It makes clinicians and physicians incredible uncomfortable to know that they … ultimately aren’t the ones who will decide whether that clinical situation should have or could have fit.”

George Orwell

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Here are some of the proposed bills the GOP majority in the House of Representatives have done in their first weeks in office:

- Gut the House Ethics & Accountability Committee: https://www.citizen.org/news/first-m...ccountability/

- Gut the IRS: https://apnews.com/article/politics-...ba1ea7d21a9eea

A prelude to the agenda.....oh, brother!
    Sounds good to me.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (01-18-2023)