Thread: Money is a real issue

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Money is a real issue

There is unhappiness with Trump after his 2022 announcement that he is running for a third time failed to catch fire.

Put bluntly, one GOP strategist explained, "The early ’22 announcement was a historic flop. Talk about how not to create momentum."

Trump insiders agree and admitted that finances and Trump's attitude have become huge obstacles to turning things around.

According to Sherman, "I spoke with a half dozen Republicans close to Trump, and the consensus is that his campaign is a 'mess,' to borrow a preferred Trump epithet. “He is in a weird bunker and doesn’t want to go anywhere. Even the inner circle is worried he’s getting no traction at all."

“Literally nothing. It’s like it’s not even happening,” agreed a Republican Party strategist.

According to one former Trump administration official, donations -- the lack of them -- is becoming a problem by stating, "Money is a real issue.”

"Even if the financial situation improves, Trump allies worry he has already committed a series of baffling, self-destructive blunders. 'Trump completely overexposed himself with all those stupid midterm endorsements,' another 2016 campaign veteran told me," Sherman added.

2. The Following User Groans At floridafan For This Awful Post:

The Sage of Main Street (01-13-2023)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-13-2023), ThatOwlWoman (01-13-2023)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    There is unhappiness with Trump after his 2022 announcement that he is running for a third time failed to catch fire.

Put bluntly, one GOP strategist explained, "The early ’22 announcement was a historic flop. Talk about how not to create momentum."

Trump insiders agree and admitted that finances and Trump's attitude have become huge obstacles to turning things around.

According to Sherman, "I spoke with a half dozen Republicans close to Trump, and the consensus is that his campaign is a 'mess,' to borrow a preferred Trump epithet. “He is in a weird bunker and doesn’t want to go anywhere. Even the inner circle is worried he’s getting no traction at all."

“Literally nothing. It’s like it’s not even happening,” agreed a Republican Party strategist.

According to one former Trump administration official, donations -- the lack of them -- is becoming a problem by stating, "Money is a real issue.”

"Even if the financial situation improves, Trump allies worry he has already committed a series of baffling, self-destructive blunders. 'Trump completely overexposed himself with all those stupid midterm endorsements,' another 2016 campaign veteran told me," Sherman added.
    Yeah, Trump's served his purpose for the GOP. He's shown them that there is no bottom to the barrel that can be scraped so now the GOP no longer needs his brand of moron. They can find new, more qualified jackasses to conduct their jackassery.

Trump, sadly, was too stupid to see that his value to the GOP had a limited shelf-life. He simply gave away the secret TOO SOON.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Guinefort For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-13-2023)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,098 Times in 7,521 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,106 Times in 1,051 Posts

Here's the problem. If the pachys don't nominate the diseased orangutan, they'll just nominate some other insufferable asshole;

and that insufferable asshole will be supported by tens of millions republican troglodytes who shouldn't even be roaming about freely, never mind voting.

Voting was conceived as a process for reasonably sane people, a frightful minority in all red states..
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

7. The Following User Groans At NiftyNiblick For This Awful Post:

The Sage of Main Street (01-13-2023)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Althea (01-13-2023), Guno צְבִי (01-13-2023), ThatOwlWoman (01-13-2023)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Here's the problem. If the pachys don't nominate the diseased orangutan, they'll just nominate some other insufferable asshole;
    But the key is that they are going to elect a SMART insufferable asshole and then REAL damage can be done.

Voting was conceived as a process for reasonably sane people, a frightful minority in all red states..
    Yup. I recall at one point hearing long ago that the Electoral College was put in place, not just to balance the interests of small vs large states, but also as a moderator for the "passions" of the mob. Clearly 2016 showed that no such guardrail function exists as the mob was allowed to elect America's first TV president.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saint Guinefort For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-13-2023), NiftyNiblick (01-13-2023), ThatOwlWoman (01-13-2023)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Phimosis View Post
    Yeah, Trump's served his purpose for the GOP. He's shown them that there is no bottom to the barrel that can be scraped so now the GOP no longer needs his brand of moron. They can find new, more qualified jackasses to conduct their jackassery.

Trump, sadly, was too stupid to see that his value to the GOP had a limited shelf-life. He simply gave away the secret TOO SOON.
    My post shows "0" views, so how are you able to read and reply?

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,098 Times in 7,521 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,106 Times in 1,051 Posts

But the key is that they are going to elect a SMART insufferable asshole and then REAL damage can be done.

Yup. I recall at one point hearing long ago that the Electoral College was put in place, not just to balance the interests of small vs large states, but also as a moderator for the "passions" of the mob. Clearly 2016 showed that no such guardrail function exists as the mob was allowed to elect America's first TV president.
    True, but it came a couple of decades after electing the first "B movie" president. The decline didn't start recently.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My post shows "0" views, so how are you able to read and reply?
    Because I don't actually exist. (Sorry I should have been more clear on that)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    True, but it came a couple of decades after electing the first "B movie" president. The decline didn't start recently.
    Agreed.

But at least Ronny Raygun felt the need to "fake" being personable and friendly to other humans.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saint Guinefort For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-13-2023), NiftyNiblick (01-13-2023), ThatOwlWoman (01-13-2023)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Because I don't actually exist. (Sorry I should have been more clear on that)
    You're right, most of the named posters on this site do not exist. Its all smoke and mirrors mixed in with lots of bullshit.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're right, most of the named posters on this site do not exist. Its all smoke and mirrors mixed in with lots of bullshit.
    I'm not a sock...I literally do not exist. Even IRL.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,065 Times in 14,550 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,389 Times in 1,307 Posts

trump only mentions campaigns in order to raise money. He's banked millions, but doesn't want to spend it on campaigning.

He thinks he gets to keep it.

Or use it for Klan rallies.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,260 Times in 33,910 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    trump only mentions campaigns in order to raise money. He's banked millions, but doesn't want to spend it on campaigning.

He thinks he gets to keep it.

Or use it for Klan rallies.
    He’s not even spending them on his rallies, those legal bills must really be piling up and rallies are too expensive. Also, the business he was using for rallies went belly up! Everything associated with him eventually fails.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Althea (01-13-2023), Guno צְבִי (01-13-2023), ThatOwlWoman (01-13-2023)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,065 Times in 14,550 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,389 Times in 1,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    He’s not even spending them on his rallies, those legal bills must really be piling up and rallies are too expensive. Also, the business he was using for rallies went belly up! Everything associated with him eventually fails.
    I do know that he still hasn't paid venues/cities for his last election run. I think he's finally realizing the 'they're not really that into him', which for a trump is devastating.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 8,420 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah you maggots scraped your barrel with this lying racist child groping imbecile. The LAST thing you donkey fuckers should be preaching is how wonderful you are. Idiot
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" - Noam Chomsky

"Leftists actually think everyone is as stupid as a leftist." - Yakuda

"No, Trump isn't a fascist, tatt boy." - moon

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Yeah you maggots scraped your barrel with this lying racist child groping imbecile. The LAST thing you donkey fuckers should be preaching is how wonderful you are. Idiot
    LOL. Well, indeed I AM wonderful. You can't even imagine how wonderful I am. My presence makes flowers bloom, young women swoon, ducklings dance and a bison there in underpants! Why it was written long ago that my birth would be the advent of a new reality! I am, for lack of a better word, the most wonderful man ALIVE!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Guinefort For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-13-2023)