Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Top reasons to buy an electric car instead of a gas vehicle. MAGA wets panties.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,340 Times in 6,026 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Default Top reasons to buy an electric car instead of a gas vehicle. MAGA wets panties.

Top reasons to buy an electric car instead of a gas vehicle

https://apple.news/AhnCrlmP2T1SKYR18k-wChg

I've driven electric cars from Tesla, Audi, Porsche, Hyundai, Kia, Volkswagen, Rivian, and more.*
​
    EVs offer tons of benefits over gas cars that have nothing to do with being green.
​
    Electric rides are quick, fun, spacious, and brimming with cutting-edge features.*
    After driving well over a dozen new electric cars, I'm convinced that one is in my future.*
    To be sure, there are real challenges to buying and owning an electric vehicle today. They're quite expensive to buy new and hard to find used. Charging infrastructure is immature enough that it can pose a challenge on long road trips.
    But the many advantages of EVs are tough to ignore.*
    EVs are quick, fun, and quiet

Almost all EVs, from budget Chevys to sporty Audis, have more pep in their step than comparable gas cars. They deliver instant, brisk acceleration that helps immensely with quick merges and the like. And besides the practical benefits, being able to shoot forward at a moment's notice is just plain fun.*
    They're also super quiet and smooth on the road, since you don't hear the grumble of an engine or feel its vibrations. Particularly in high-end models like the Mercedes-Benz EQS, the experience is serene.*
    They're packed with interesting features

Electric cars are where you'll find the latest in automotive tech and novel features you didn't think you needed.*
    Teslas, for example, have a dog mode that keeps the air on for your pet and a sentry mode that records any fishy behavior near your car. The Chevy Bolt EUV offers Super Cruise, an excellent hands-free driving system for highways. The Mercedes EQS has an optional 56-inch array of screens that should make tech lovers salivate.*

The Kia EV6 boasts a couple of power outlets, while the Ford F-150 Lightning can offload enough electricity to power a house for days.
    They offer cool storage solutions and spacious interiors

Since electric cars lack bulky components like an engine and transmission, automakers enjoy lots of flexibility to add extra interior room for people and stuff.*
    Take the Ioniq 5 SUV, for example. Hyundai stretched its wheels far out to either end, boosting passenger comfort. Like many EVs, it has a totally flat floor (with no hump running down the middle) which does wonders for legroom. And it has a unique, sliding center console that lets owners decide when to free up more space in back or up front.*

The Rivian R1T pickup truck has an awe-inspiring gear tunnel, a transverse storage cubby behind the rear seats that's accessed from either side of the vehicle. The F-150 Lightning, among other electric models, offers a giant front trunk. Tesla's Model Y pairs a frunk with generous under-floor storage in back.*

Charging can be more convenient than getting gas
    Once you get the hang of charging, it can actually be less of a hassle than filling up on gas. If you have a garage or driveway, you can plug in an EV at home overnight and wake up with a full charge in the morning. And while you run errands or travel, you can often find chargers to add a little juice while you're out and about.
    Yes, an EV needs to sit for a long while to charge — much longer than a typical fuel stop — but consider how much of the day your car is sitting anyway.*

For example, while I spent the day skiing last winter, I left the Polestar 2 I was reviewing plugged into a free charger at the mountain and came back to a nearly full battery. Charging will only get more streamlined as more plugs sprout up in parking lots, offices, and on city streets.*
    All these advantages, plus the huge benefit of not burning fossil fuels, make EVs a clear choice for many buyers.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

2. The Following User Groans At Joe Capitalist For This Awful Post:

Lightbringer (01-12-2023)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

LurchAddams (01-19-2023), signalmankenneth (01-11-2023)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 Times in 14,709 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Another reason is you have to keep those Congo 6 year olds working in the Lithium mines and keep those Chinese slaves working.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (01-14-2023), Into the Night (01-10-2023), Libhater (01-11-2023), Matt Dillon (01-10-2023), serendipity (01-10-2023)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,040 Times in 8,400 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post

I've driven electric cars from Tesla, Audi, Porsche, Hyundai, Kia, Volkswagen, Rivian, and more.*
​
    EVs offer tons of benefits over gas cars that have nothing to do with being green.
​
    Electric rides are quick, fun, spacious, and brimming with cutting-edge features.*
    After driving well over a dozen new electric cars, I'm convinced that one is in my future.*
    To be sure, there are real challenges to buying and owning an electric vehicle today. They're quite expensive to buy new and hard to find used. Charging infrastructure is immature enough that it can pose a challenge on long road trips.

Almost all EVs, from budget Chevys to sporty Audis, have more pep in their step than comparable gas cars. They deliver instant, brisk acceleration that helps immensely with quick merges and the like. And besides the practical benefits, being able to shoot forward at a moment's notice is just plain fun.*
    They're also super quiet and smooth on the road, since you don't hear the grumble of an engine or feel its vibrations. Particularly in high-end models like the Mercedes-Benz EQS, the experience is serene.*

Electric cars are where you'll find the latest in automotive tech and novel features you didn't think you needed.*
    Teslas, for example, have a dog mode that keeps the air on for your pet and a sentry mode that records any fishy behavior near your car. The Chevy Bolt EUV offers Super Cruise, an excellent hands-free driving system for highways. The Mercedes EQS has an optional 56-inch array of screens that should make tech lovers salivate.*

The Kia EV6 boasts a couple of power outlets, while the Ford F-150 Lightning can offload enough electricity to power a house for days.

Since electric cars lack bulky components like an engine and transmission, automakers enjoy lots of flexibility to add extra interior room for people and stuff.*
    Take the Ioniq 5 SUV, for example. Hyundai stretched its wheels far out to either end, boosting passenger comfort. Like many EVs, it has a totally flat floor (with no hump running down the middle) which does wonders for legroom. And it has a unique, sliding center console that lets owners decide when to free up more space in back or up front.*

The Rivian R1T pickup truck has an awe-inspiring gear tunnel, a transverse storage cubby behind the rear seats that's accessed from either side of the vehicle. The F-150 Lightning, among other electric models, offers a giant front trunk. Tesla's Model Y pairs a frunk with generous under-floor storage in back.*

Once you get the hang of charging, it can actually be less of a hassle than filling up on gas. If you have a garage or driveway, you can plug in an EV at home overnight and wake up with a full charge in the morning. And while you run errands or travel, you can often find chargers to add a little juice while you're out and about.
    Yes, an EV needs to sit for a long while to charge — much longer than a typical fuel stop — but consider how much of the day your car is sitting anyway.*

For example, while I spent the day skiing last winter, I left the Polestar 2 I was reviewing plugged into a free charger at the mountain and came back to a nearly full battery. Charging will only get more streamlined as more plugs sprout up in parking lots, offices, and on city streets.*
    All these advantages, plus the huge benefit of not burning fossil fuels, make EVs a clear choice for many buyers.
    California had brown outs last year because they have an inadequate electrical grid but they will phase out ICE vehicles that will a need to be charged on top of what they already can't provide. They also have no plan to meet the demand they already can't meet. Brilliant!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/prakash...tric-vehicles/
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" - Noam Chomsky

"Leftists actually think everyone is as stupid as a leftist." - Yakuda

"No, Trump isn't a fascist, tatt boy." - moon

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (01-14-2023), ExpressLane (01-11-2023), Libhater (01-11-2023), Matt Dillon (01-10-2023), The Sage of Main Street (01-11-2023)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    California had brown outs last year because they have an inadequate electrical grid but they will phase out ICE vehicles that will a need to be charged on top of what they already can't provide. They also have no plan to meet the demand they already can't meet. Brilliant!

The country does move based upon California, handjob. have you forgotten we have 50 states, with few if any electric problems. Sorry to have used the word forgotten my dear, I understand your serious issues.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

LurchAddams (01-19-2023)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    The country does move based upon California, handjob. have you forgotten we have 50 states, with few if any electric problems. Sorry to have used the word forgotten my dear, I understand your serious issues.
    No it doesn't shit stain but tell us all you know about the status of the electrical grid in the 50 states. Since you're talking out of that skanky ass of yours I suspect you will just pick your nose and cause yourself even more brain damage.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

ExpressLane (01-11-2023)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No it doesn't shit stain but tell us all you know about the status of the electrical grid in the 50 states. Since you're talking out of that skanky ass of yours I suspect you will just pick your nose and cause yourself even more brain damage.
    Do you really think that auto manufacturers worldwide, who are all committed to electric vehicles, are planning to commit trillion dollar suicide due to a lack of electricity? Possibly these multi billion dollar companies know a lot more than you could ever hope to.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

LurchAddams (01-19-2023)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Do you really think that auto manufacturers worldwide, who are all committed to electric vehicles, are planning to commit trillion dollar suicide due to a lack of electricity? Possibly these multi billion dollar companies know a lot more than you could ever hope to.
    So you think businesses plan to fail? Interesting I wonder how they ever get financing with that in their business plan. You're too stupid to talk to.

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So you think businesses plan to fail? Interesting I wonder how they ever get financing with that in their business plan. You're too stupid to talk to.
    here is the definitive answer to your bullshit. Please read carefully, it answers everything
    https://blog.ucsusa.org/samantha-hou...e-ev-charging/

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

#1 you don't need to get anywhere by car......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

serendipity (01-10-2023)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,112 Times in 11,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

​
​

Ah...the usual EV religion sales pitch.

EV's use coal, oil, natural gas, and other power sources to charge. Energy losses are high due to all of the energy conversions and transmission losses. Gasoline cars are much more efficient.
    ...and your 'free' charge? TANSTAAFL.

You are constantly thinking about charging your car.

Did you know that folks driving gasoline cars don't need to worry so? They just fill up when the fuel gauge gets down to a 1/4 tank or so. They don't even have to plan that much in doing so. Fuel stops are everywhere.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Matt Dillon (01-10-2023), serendipity (01-10-2023), The Sage of Main Street (01-11-2023)

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,112 Times in 11,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

This latest storm (and flooding) will also cause a rash of EV fires, as the corrosion sets in from it.
    Another wet storm is headed their way too. It's still way out in the Pacific at this time though.

Knocked down power lines, flooding causing corrosion, and inadequate generating capability. The only way to keep the grid up is to shed load. That means loads from charging EVs.
    What a disaster for EVs this is.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

The Sage of Main Street (01-11-2023)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    This latest storm (and flooding) will also cause a rash of EV fires, as the corrosion sets in from it.
    LOL. Where do you get this stuff? Do you have like the best dispensary in the country and you are just high off your ass literally all the time???

23. The Following User Groans At Saint Guinefort For This Awful Post:

serendipity (01-10-2023)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Guinefort For This Post:

LurchAddams (01-19-2023)

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,207 Times in 10,686 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

​
​

Wet panty joey is sounding desperate

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Into the Night (01-11-2023)

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,724 Times in 1,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 153 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Wet panty joey is sounding desperate
    The government will also have the ability to know where you are 24/7, take over control of the car and switch off the engine.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to serendipity For This Post:

Matt Dillon (01-10-2023)

29. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,262 Times in 13,400 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

​
​

None of that interests me in the fucking slightest. Not one of those reasons is one that would cause me to have interest in an EV. I also don't give a flying fuck about the Gorebal Warming bullshit.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Into the Night (01-11-2023), The Sage of Main Street (01-11-2023)