Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Top reasons to buy an electric car instead of a gas vehicle. MAGA wets panties.

1. #361 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,906 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity View Post
    Gas power stations are nearly 40%, shit for brains!!
    Italian luxury automaker Maserati unveiled the Grecale, a brand-new compact SUV that will come in a range of powertrains, including an all-electric version in 2023. It will be the tip of the spear in Maserati’s plan to become an EV-only brand by 2030.

Last week, Maserati announced plans to launch a range of EVs bearing the brand name Folgore, which is Italian for “lightning.” One of the first vehicles to feature that nameplate will be the Grecale, a crossover SUV slotting underneath the mid-size Levante.

Maserati is keeping most of the EV-relevant specs under wraps, including range, battery size, and charging time. The electric Grecale will come with a 400-volt architecture, which is similar to the one used by most EVs on the road today.

So what EV are you buying, Serendipshit?
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following User Groans At Joe Capitalist For This Awful Post:

serendipity (01-23-2023)

3. #362 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Chevrolet released the Silverado EV’s towing capacity test results.

The all-electric Chevrolet Silverado is expected to hit the market by 2024.
    General Motors’ 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV RST will offer up to 10,000 lbs. of max towing on some variants. Chevrolet aims to push its towing capacity up to 20,000 lbs. with the Silverado EV’s WT (Work Truck) model.
    In a recent validation test, Chevrolet’s engineering team hitched a 7,700-pound RV to a 2024 Silverado EV EV WT—the model that is expected to have a towing capacity of up to 20,000 lbs. The test was conducted with the Silverado EV running at low and high speeds. Based on the engineers’ observations, the all-electric pickup truck drove smoothly while on the road and responded well to driver feedback.
    “It’s so important for full-size truck customers to be able to two, haul, and do everything that they can do in a traditional pickup truck. And I think we’ve really set the bar and really made an incredible product,” said Nichole Kraatz, a vehicle Chief Engineer.
    The Chevrolet Silverado EV is estimated to have 400 miles of range on a full charge and 664 horsepower with more than 780 lb-ft of torque while in Wide Open Watts Mode. As for charging, the electric Silverado is expected to charge up to 350kW with DC charging.
    The Silverado EV RST First Edition will be the first version of the all-electric pickup truck to hit the market. The RST First Edition comes with features like four-wheel steering, adaptive air suspension, and Super Cruise. It also features a 17-inch infotainment screen and GM’s semi-autonomous driving software.
    Silverado EV RST First Edition production is scheduled to start in Fall 2023. Chevrolet plans to debut the RST First Edition with an MSRO of over $105,000. In Spring 2023, Chevrolet will unveil the Silverado EV WT model.
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

4. #363 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity View Post
    Gas power stations are nearly 40%, shit for brains!!
    Gas isn't coal, Serendipshit.

5. The Following User Groans At Joe Capitalist For This Awful Post:

serendipity (01-23-2023)

6. #364 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post

General Motors’ 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV RST will offer up to 10,000 lbs. of max towing on some variants. Chevrolet aims to push its towing capacity up to 20,000 lbs. with the Silverado EV’s WT (Work Truck) model.
    In a recent validation test, Chevrolet’s engineering team hitched a 7,700-pound RV to a 2024 Silverado EV EV WT—the model that is expected to have a towing capacity of up to 20,000 lbs. The test was conducted with the Silverado EV running at low and high speeds. Based on the engineers’ observations, the all-electric pickup truck drove smoothly while on the road and responded well to driver feedback.
    “It’s so important for full-size truck customers to be able to two, haul, and do everything that they can do in a traditional pickup truck. And I think we’ve really set the bar and really made an incredible product,” said Nichole Kraatz, a vehicle Chief Engineer.
    The Chevrolet Silverado EV is estimated to have 400 miles of range on a full charge and 664 horsepower with more than 780 lb-ft of torque while in Wide Open Watts Mode. As for charging, the electric Silverado is expected to charge up to 350kW with DC charging.
    The Silverado EV RST First Edition will be the first version of the all-electric pickup truck to hit the market. The RST First Edition comes with features like four-wheel steering, adaptive air suspension, and Super Cruise. It also features a 17-inch infotainment screen and GM’s semi-autonomous driving software.
    Silverado EV RST First Edition production is scheduled to start in Fall 2023. Chevrolet plans to debut the RST First Edition with an MSRO of over $105,000. In Spring 2023, Chevrolet will unveil the Silverado EV WT model.
    We can all watch joey wet his panties when the towing capacity vs, range is disclosed. Ford gets under 100mi. I suspect Chevy will not fare any better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

serendipity (01-23-2023)

8. #365 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 11,513 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Marketing hype is not performance dude. NONE of the EV trucks have towing capacity and range that is worth shit.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

9. #366 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 11,513 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    We can all watch joey wet his panties when the towing capacity vs, range is disclosed. Ford gets under 100mi. I suspect Chevy will not fare any better.
    Yeah. It's going to be the same thing. What Joe is forgetting is F=mA. There is no magickal way to get around it. Batteries can hold only so much energy, and they are heavy. The more batteries you put into a vehicle, the longer it takes to charge it.

EVs requires about twice the energy to go the same distance as a similar size and weight gasoline vehicle. The charging cycle requires generating the power (usually by burning some kind of fuel anyway), then heating power lines and transformers to get that power to the charger, which generates waste heat, and the batteries, which generate waste heat while charging (sometimes way too much!), then generating waste heat AGAIN when driving the car. Batteries in EVs are liquid cooled for a reason. So is the traction motor (oil cooled in Teslas).

Ford promised all this too, and couldn't deliver.
    Government Motors will fare no better.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

10. #367 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

New issue with EV's in Europe. The intercoastal ferry line Havila Kystruten out of Norway is banning all EV's (and hybrids) from travel on their ships (the line goes between Norway, Sweden, Denmark, etc.) stating that they are a major safety hazard aboard ships and don't meet international shipping safety standards.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...paign=msn_feed

Norway is a leading nation in forced adoption of EV's with about 70% of vehicles now battery powered.

This means Norwegians won't be able to take their cars to mainland Europe via this ferry line. There are others, but in most cases it would mean driving considerably further to reach the ports they operate out of... At least until other ferry lines follow suit and ban the vehicles for the same reason--an almost certainty as their insurers will demand it now that Havila Kystruten has banned them.

11. #368 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    New issue with EV's in Europe. The intercoastal ferry line Havila Kystruten out of Norway is banning all EV's (and hybrids) from travel on their ships (the line goes between Norway, Sweden, Denmark, etc.) stating that they are a major safety hazard aboard ships and don't meet international shipping safety standards.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...paign=msn_feed

Norway is a leading nation in forced adoption of EV's with about 70% of vehicles now battery powered.

This means Norwegians won't be able to take their cars to mainland Europe via this ferry line. There are others, but in most cases it would mean driving considerably further to reach the ports they operate out of... At least until other ferry lines follow suit and ban the vehicles for the same reason--an almost certainty as their insurers will demand it now that Havila Kystruten has banned them.
    Wow! And Europeans are still buying EVs in record numbers. Too bad, TA Garbler. Do you need to change your wet panties, MAGA moron?

12. #369 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wow! And Europeans are still buying EVs in record numbers. Too bad, TA Garbler. Do you need to change your wet panties, MAGA moron?
    Only because the EU and governments there are forcing them to. You are applauding authoritarian and totalitarian government by diktat. Bet you'd enjoy living in say, North Korea you fascist...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Into the Night (01-26-2023)

14. #370 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

15. #371 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Only because the EU and governments there are forcing them to. You are applauding authoritarian and totalitarian government by diktat. Bet you'd enjoy living in say, North Korea you fascist...
    Nissan CEO: EV adoption in the US progressing faster than expected
    Nissan Motor Co. CEO Makoto Uchida acknowledged that the market for electric vehicles is growing faster than anticipated in the United States. He also noted that Nissan will invest $250 million in its powertrain facility in Decherd, Tennessee. The facility will support the electrification of the company’s American lineup.
    Uchida did not provide a timeline for the $250 million investment or specify what it will be used for. However, he stated that the allocation is part of Nissan’s increased efforts to promote electric vehicle adoption in the United States.
    “The world is accommodating EVs much faster than we thought in the past… The electrification ratio in each market will probably grow faster than we thought,” Uchida said in an interview with Automotive News.
    Uchida noted that the growing popularity of electric vehicles is actually being driven by an increase in competition and the availability of more electric cars in the market.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

16. #372 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nissan CEO: EV adoption in the US progressing faster than expected
    Nissan Motor Co. CEO Makoto Uchida acknowledged that the market for electric vehicles is growing faster than anticipated in the United States. He also noted that Nissan will invest $250 million in its powertrain facility in Decherd, Tennessee. The facility will support the electrification of the company’s American lineup.
    Uchida did not provide a timeline for the $250 million investment or specify what it will be used for. However, he stated that the allocation is part of Nissan’s increased efforts to promote electric vehicle adoption in the United States.
    “The world is accommodating EVs much faster than we thought in the past… The electrification ratio in each market will probably grow faster than we thought,” Uchida said in an interview with Automotive News.
    Uchida noted that the growing popularity of electric vehicles is actually being driven by an increase in competition and the availability of more electric cars in the market.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!
    It doesn't change one iota the FACT that the ONLY reason EV's are gaining traction is because of government intervention in the market. Without government fiats--eg., authoritarian, totalitarian declarations that you will buy an EV or drive nothing starting in 2035 and the like--and handing out large globs of OPM in subsidies, NOBODY but a few retards, LIKE YOU, would buy the fucking things.

Government Mandates Keep Electric Auto Manufacturers in Business
    https://www.instituteforenergyresear...e%208%20states.

Electric Vehicle Mandates and Subsidies
    https://www.afpm.org/issues/fuels-ve...-subsidies-evs

GOVERNMENT REGULATION AFFECTS ON THE ELECTRIC VEHICLE INDUSTRY
    https://banyanhill.com/government-re...ev-automakers/

Government mandates for electric propulsion are wreaking havoc on the auto industry.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...tomer-freedom/

It is Fascist loving authoritarians like YOU that are fucking the auto market up. It isn't as if battery cars haven't been tried before, they have. For over 130 years they've been tried, and every time they tried to enter the market they have failed. They would fail today--and at some point they will fail this time too--except for government interference in the market. The Greentards and political retards running things are making stupid decisions for society, and YOU are applauding that. How utterly stupid do you have to be not to grasp that simple fact.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Into the Night (01-26-2023)

18. #373 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It doesn't change one iota the FACT that the ONLY reason EV's are gaining traction is because of government intervention in the market. Without government fiats--eg., authoritarian, totalitarian declarations that you will buy an EV or drive nothing starting in 2035 and the like--and handing out large globs of OPM in subsidies, NOBODY but a few retards, LIKE YOU, would buy the fucking things.

Government Mandates Keep Electric Auto Manufacturers in Business
    https://www.instituteforenergyresear...e%208%20states.

Electric Vehicle Mandates and Subsidies
    https://www.afpm.org/issues/fuels-ve...-subsidies-evs

GOVERNMENT REGULATION AFFECTS ON THE ELECTRIC VEHICLE INDUSTRY
    https://banyanhill.com/government-re...ev-automakers/

Government mandates for electric propulsion are wreaking havoc on the auto industry.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...tomer-freedom/

It is Fascist loving authoritarians like YOU that are fucking the auto market up. It isn't as if battery cars haven't been tried before, they have. For over 130 years they've been tried, and every time they tried to enter the market they have failed. They would fail today--and at some point they will fail this time too--except for government interference in the market. The Greentards and political retards running things are making stupid decisions for society, and YOU are applauding that. How utterly stupid do you have to be not to grasp that simple fact.
    Too bad for you that it's not a FACT. It's just your silly far-right opinion and you're getting all butt-hurt because you're seeing your lame opinion being thrown back into your face with all the EV record-breaking sales that you see. You're too fucking stupid to see the EVidence right in front of your nose. You're too far into the MAGA cult to see the EV revolution. It's not going to change either. Keep believing in your sorry conspiracy theories. If you were so certain that the EV market will fail. why aren't you shorting EV stocks?
    The world is laughing at you and other EV deniers.

T.A. Gardner wets panties.
    I rest my case.

19. #374 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This Is the Best Electric*Mercedes-Benz You Can Buy Today

At last count, Mercedes-Benz offers 14*electric vehicles. They’re difficult to keep straight. Many of the variants in the EQS, EQE*and EQB lines look and behave virtually identically.*
    But after driving a number*of them, here’s the one I’d consider first: the Mercedes-AMG EQS sedan. With a reserved design that obscures stupefying speed, it presents the forefront of technology without compromising the indulgent standards we expect from the brand with roots back to 1886.

Combined with 700 pound-feet of torque that I’m still dreaming about at night, the AMG EQS sedan can get from 0 to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds. By comparison the $117,700 S 580 achieves 496hp and goes to 60mph in 4.4 seconds. Top speed is 155 mph.*(Its performance figures fall roughly in between the faster, more powerful Tesla Model S and the Porsche Taycan.)
    I drove the AMG EQS sedan through a week of California’s worst rain in more than 100*years and fell in love with how utterly planted this car felt every time I pressed the accelerator. I’d be cruising down Highway 101 at 60 mph, push my foot down, and jump to 80 mph in the time it took me to blink. The only drama was the person in my rear-view wondering what had just passed them. The AMG EQS was*far faster than anything I’ve driven in a long time, the first vehicle that has made me realize I actually prefer the feel of electric torque at highway speeds over*that of combustion engines. It’s just so much better at short-burst sprinting at high speed, like broadband versus dial-up. Like text message versus fax. Instant gratification.

20. #375 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hyundai Motor forecasts robust EV growth after quarterly profit jump
    SEOUL (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co said on Thursday it expects to have solid backorder demand in major car markets and forecast robust growth in electric vehicle sales, including in the United States.