Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: It's been a year since we left New York for Florida. Here's what we learned

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I'd take that over alligators, hurricanes, oppressive heat in the summer, much more overt racism, tons of bugs & pests, constant tourists, worse education and lower income levels.
    the people of Florida thank you for not moving in......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Theywillneverlearn! (01-16-2023)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow Hawk View Post
    with the exceptions of the western coastal cities Grand Haven to Charlevoix. The Sault Ste Marie area and Copper Harbor, it is pretty much average to bad
    its pretty good around Holland........I just stay out of Wayne County.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Stringfellow Hawk (01-19-2023)

5. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is not a single road in Michigan that is in better shape than Missouri, even there secondary roads are better than most Michigan main roads, why must liberals lie about even the simplest things
    I haven't been on all roads in Missouri......so I can't verify.....

here's a road in St Louis that's worse than the roads I take to work.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Theywillneverlearn! (01-16-2023)

7. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I haven't been on all roads in Missouri......so I can't verify.....

here's a road in St Louis that's worse than the roads I take to work.....
    that is minor to roads that allow the super trains (large dump trucks) to run on in Michigan. I know a guy in Jackson MI that is permanently scarred due to a pot hole that swallowed his motorcycle
    Doc Dutch finally admits he is a steaming pile of chickenshit!

8. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

that is minor to roads that allow the super trains (large dump trucks) to run on in Michigan. I know a guy in Jackson MI that is permanently scarred due to a pot hole that swallowed his motorcycle
    nobody is going to swallow that urban fairy tale.....

9. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    nobody is going to swallow that urban fairy tale.....
    its true, he was riding at night, didn't see it until it was too late. I bet all the alignment shop owners in Michigan are multimillionaires
    Doc Dutch finally admits he is a steaming pile of chickenshit!

10. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    And then there are people like us. We left a redneck, red state where I had lived almost my whole life, and where my husband had lived since graduating from university. We moved to the free state of Michigan from the Reichwing-infested state of Missouri, and we have never looked back. We have clean air, abundant wildlife, little to no crime, kind neighbors and community members, low-cost high speed wireless Internet, arts, a symphony, an outstanding public library, a university, clean water, excellent highways with low traffic volume, family-owned shops and restaurants as well as the usual chains, state legislators that reflect our values, and a governor who dared to stand up to the incompetent IMPOTUSx2 during the pandemic.

Here women control their reproductive lives without government interference. We can enjoy both medical and recreational MJ. We have a nonpartisan redistricting commission who has made voting districts more equitable. We recently passed legislation strengthening term limits, financial transparency of elected wonks, and protecting voting access.

Teachers are free to teach about cultural issues as well as the basics. Our state ranks in the center compared to others in the public school area; the governor has promised to work with school boards, educators, and both sides of the aisle to improve this. Rather than political grandstanding, she is dedicated to issues that improve the lives of all Michigan citizens, not just the extremists' pet poutrages du jour.
    So you didn't move to Detroit?? Why not??

11. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,270 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 247 Times in 241 Posts

People are leaving New York because of bad political decisions . People are moving to Florida because of good political decisions. DeSantis is the best governor in the country. Our company needs politicians like DeSantis.[/QUOTE]

Are you familiar with the concept of the logical fallacy called 'Results Based Thinking'? It is very common in poker player circles to explain how people rationalize bad decisions as correct if they end up getting the right outcome, despite their bad decision making.

The key point one must understand with DeSantis and Florida, is that he showed himself absolutely willing to let the poorer and all normal citizens die, while making every move to protect the rich in his State.

There is no denying early in the pandemic he was very fearful of death caused by the virus, and as such he set out on two paths. Part 1 - sequester as much vaccine as possible for those close to him and wealthy Floridians. Get them as safe as possible as quickly as possible. Part 2 - start a campaign to dissuade as many normal citizens from taking the vaccine and to turn against all measures to both horde moree vaccine for the rich, and for political gain.

We can debate whether or not, after the fact, Florida or NYS approach was better (results based thinking) but good luck to all who live under DeSantis rule in that State anytime any issue comes up (Medical or Financial) if you are not in his circle or rich, as his first move is to protect them only, while sacrificing you.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QP! For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-20-2023), Phantasmal (01-20-2023), ThatOwlWoman (01-20-2023)