Members banned from this thread: The Anonymous, cawacko, evince, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, Granule, tsuke, Sawyerloggingon, Sailor, floridafan, RB 60, Tranquillus in Exile, Eagle_Eye, Joe Capitalist, Flash, volsrock, Guno צְבִי, anonymoose, LV426, NiftyNiblick, reagansghost, Into the Night, gfm7175, Earl, Grokmaster, AProudLefty, ExpressLane, Doc Dutch, Concart, Hawkeye10, Yakuda, Diesel, Lionfish, Gondwanaland, LurchAddams, FreeSpeech1789 and Shoresy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Israelis call for a boycott of Israelis.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Phimosis View Post
    Hate to break it to you but you are part of the problem, too. Your choices in consumer goods and the demands you make from your stock investments.

I would LOVE IT if we were to avoid using these horrible means of production. Abuses of humans across the globe are rampant. And most of the worst of them feed our hungers here in the Developed West.

The CEO's of our companies are INCENTIVIZED BY YOU AND ME.

It terrible! But it's us. You and me. Both of us.
    should child labor goods be imported into american markets?

if not, why not?

should there be laws? if so, why?
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 116 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    should child labor goods be imported into american markets?
    No.

if not, why not?
    Cuz it's evil.

should there be laws? if so, why?
    Yes. Cuz it's evil

Now a few questions for you:

1. Where will you put your 401k money if the stocks you invest in start going down because the companies aren't making obscene profits? (And you KNOW You will put your 401k into higher yield without even thinking how that happens)

2. How much more will you pay for clothing and consumer goods? I'm willing to pay a LOT more for the goods I buy. How 'bout you?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No.

Cuz it's evil.

Yes. Cuz it's evil

Now a few questions for you:

1. Where will you put your 401k money if the stocks you invest in start going down because the companies aren't making obscene profits? (And you KNOW You will put your 401k into higher yield without even thinking how that happens)

2. How much more will you pay for clothing and consumer goods? I'm willing to pay a LOT more for the goods I buy. How 'bout you?
    political prisoner and defacto slave labor could very easily be disallowed on the market as well.

why do you make a distinction with child labor and treat that case differently?

in other words, why shouldn't it a personal consumer decision to just not buy child goods?

cuz it's evil, is also the case with china labor.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

The BDS movement is having success in persuading people not to buy from/ trade with fascist states acting in contravention of international and humanitarian law. Other states that attempt to ban BDS movements are- quite clearly- complicit with the crimes of fascist states. Many US regions fall into that category.

Supporting Israeli fascism is not something to be proud of, particularly when decent Israelis themselves are asking you not to.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...72#post5477572
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

political prisoner and defacto slave labor could very easily be disallowed on the market as well.
    Sure. That might take out a lot of American labor since there's a lot of prison labor here. But agreed.

why do you make a distinction with child labor and treat that case differently?
    I don't. It's all bad.

in other words, why shouldn't it a personal consumer decision to just not buy child goods?
    Well, first off: you won't know what all is being made by child labor. Secondly you may not have the good whatsoever.

cuz it's evil, is also the case with china labor.
    Yes. Agreed. And not just China. If you actually understood where your goods and services come from you'd have a much more dark view. The goal of US corporations is to push manufacturing to ever cheaper regions. Believe it or not, China is actually getting too expensive for them!

So if you hate what is being done in your name right now...trust me, it will ONLY GET WORSE.

So, what do we do? I'm all down for paying MUCH more for goods and services to ensure they are made under humane conditions. I'm willing to give up vast swaths of my electronics and consumer goods knowing that they are the product of this evil. So long as you are as well.

Are you? Think long and hard. This is going to be tough. Are you really up to living your ideals? Because right now, I guarantee you, you are not.

Neither am I.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sure. That might take out a lot of American labor since there's a lot of prison labor here. But agreed.

I don't. It's all bad.

Well, first off: you won't know what all is being made by child labor. Secondly you may not have the good whatsoever.

Yes. Agreed. And not just China. If you actually understood where your goods and services come from you'd have a much more dark view. The goal of US corporations is to push manufacturing to ever cheaper regions. Believe it or not, China is actually getting too expensive for them!

So if you hate what is being done in your name right now...trust me, it will ONLY GET WORSE.

So, what do we do? I'm all down for paying MUCH more for goods and services to ensure they are made under humane conditions. I'm willing to give up vast swaths of my electronics and consumer goods knowing that they are the product of this evil. So long as you are as well.

Are you? Think long and hard. This is going to be tough. Are you really up to living your ideals? Because right now, I guarantee you, you are not.

Neither am I.
    yes we should eliminate prison labor.
    that is evil and fascist.

it wont get worse if we all reject globalist stupidity.

what's sad about you is that evil is gone foregone conlusion in your broken mind.

reject the nazi brainwash.

jesus is the great reset.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

yes we should eliminate prison labor.
    that is evil and fascist.
    Agreed. What are you willing to give up for that ideal?

it wont get worse if we all reject globalist stupidity.
    You do realize your prices will go up and your investments will tank, but if you are OK with that then we both agree that these ideals are worth pursuing.

what's sad about you is that evil is gone foregone conlusion in your broken mind.
    So the fact that I despise all these bad things makes me a "broken mind"? That doesn't make sense.

reject the nazi brainwash.
    I am. I actually asked you what you are willing to give up for these ideals. I've already told you I'm willing to follow your lead. What are you giving up that you currently enjoy?

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Agreed. What are you willing to give up for that ideal?

You do realize your prices will go up and your investments will tank, but if you are OK with that then we both agree that these ideals are worth pursuing.

So the fact that I despise all these bad things makes me a "broken mind"? That doesn't make sense.

I am. I actually asked you what you are willing to give up for these ideals. I've already told you I'm willing to follow your lead. What are you giving up that you currently enjoy?
    I have no stocks or a home. I live with my parents and am unemployed.

what do i have to give up? the future?

you can castigate me, but my descriptor also applies to all children.

how many generations will you enslave to keep your devil stock prices high?

Trump Wins,
    by definition

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have no stocks or a home. I live with my parents and am unemployed.
    I bummed freights around Europe when I was down on my luck. The folk I met restored my faith in humanity.
    You've got to have stories to tell.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have no stocks or a home.
    I live with my parents and am unemployed.
    OK. Fair enough. So you don't buy anything and you don't have anything yourself. Where do you get access to a computer to write your posts on?

what do i have to give up? the future?
    Sadly yes. But that's oK. Some things are much more important than creature comforts at cheap prices.

you can castigate me, but my descriptor also applies to all children.
    I don't castigate you. I'm just telling you when you DO grow up and live on your own and have a job and buy stuff you'll have to work very hard to live up to your ideals.

I hope you are able to do so. It's very hard to do. I wish I did better.

how many generations will you enslave to keep your devil stock prices high?
    If it were up to me, none. But that's a tough row to hoe.

You'll learn soon enough when you grow up and get a job and start live on your own as an adult. It's going to be hard.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OK. Fair enough. So you don't buy anything and you don't have anything yourself. Where do you get access to a computer to write your posts on?

Sadly yes. But that's oK. Some things are much more important than creature comforts at cheap prices.

I don't castigate you. I'm just telling you when you DO grow up and live on your own and have a job and buy stuff you'll have to work very hard to live up to your ideals.

I hope you are able to do so. It's very hard to do. I wish I did better.

If it were up to me, none. But that's a tough row to hoe.

You'll learn soon enough when you grow up and get a job and start live on your own as an adult. It's going to be hard.
    greed and slavery isn't "adulting". You and the fascists like you are just bad people.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

greed and slavery isn't "adulting". You and the fascists like you are just bad people.
    Look, per your own admission you aren't quite living like an "adult" yet. You are unemployed and living with mom and dad. As such, as a child, you are free to be idealistic.

I didn't realize you were a child so I necessarily spoke to you as a fellow adult who might know something we are talking about. Now I see otherwise. It is quite clear.

Keep fighting the good fight. Some day your generation may move the needle and make us all a better society.

But be prepared for a tough fight. I honestly wish you the best of luck with eliminating these horrible evils that are at the core of our economy. I really do.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Look, per your own admission you aren't quite living like an "adult" yet. You are unemployed and living with mom and dad. As such, as a child, you are free to be idealistic.

I didn't realize you were a child so I necessarily spoke to you as a fellow adult who might know something we are talking about. Now I see otherwise. It is quite clear.

Keep fighting the good fight. Some day your generation may move the needle and make us all a better society.

But be prepared for a tough fight. I honestly wish you the best of luck with eliminating these horrible evils that are at the core of our economy. I really do.
    you could also be on the side of good.

why did you sell out?

Trump Wins,
    by definition

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

genocide acceptance is not "maturity".

a 'go along to get along' attitude towards evil is still evil.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you could also be on the side of good.

why did you sell out?
    You will learn soon enough. When you get older and leave home and get a job you'll see how easy it is to just accept the stuff...and then you get more worn down by work and life in general and you seek more and more comfort and you get more and more scared of spending too much.

Then one day you wake up and you are in your early 60's and you realize that your entire retirement is built on investments you had no control over but you wanted them to be profitable because unless they were you were facing an old age of penury and want.

Adulting is hard and often unpleasant.