Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The John F. Kennedy Assassination

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon 2023 View Post
    Lee Harvey Oswald shot him from the Texas Depository
    While I do believe that Oswald was set up to be the patsy by the CIA, I don't believe he shot Kennedy. From what I heard, he actually liked Kennedy. As to who -did- shoot JFK, I think that's harder to discern, but not the most important thing in my view. I think it's easier to discern who was behind the killers then figuring out who shot at him.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it" - Andre Gide

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    That is probably true and does nothing to disprove that it was a paid hit.
    Note how he got shot before he could talk?
    I disagree that it's probably true, in fact I think it's highly unlikely that he shot Kennedy at all, but you're right that it wouldn't disprove that he was paid to do it. For me, far more important than who shot at Kennedy has always been who was organized the operation to kill him.

The fact that he was shot soon after his arrest, and the way it happened is also certainly worth noting. The fact that the man who shot him also died only a few years later suggests that his death may not have simply been a simple coincidence. As Wikipedia noted, he died in the same hospital that JFK and Oswald died:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ruby#Death
    Last edited by Phoenyx; 01-07-2023 at 03:13 AM.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    I disagree that it's probably true, in fact I think it's highly unlikely that he shot Kennedy at all, but you're right that it wouldn't disprove that he was paid to do it. For me, far more important than who shot at Kennedy has always been who was organized the operation to kill him.

The fact that he was shot soon after his arrest, and the way it happened is also certainly worth noting. The fact that the man who shot him also died only a few years later suggests that his death may not have simply been a simple coincidence. As Wikipedia noted, he died in the same hospital that JFK and Oswald died:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ruby#Death
    How old were in November '63?
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA MAN View Post
    And the FBI/ CIA/ DNC had the evidence, wanted someone else as POTUS, so forced LBJ to not run for the next election.
    The next election was 1964 and LBJ won by a landslide.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes. All the evidence supports Oswald and nothing refutes it. No evidence supports any of the conspiracy theories. American love conspiracy theories and always want to doubt the official story--election fraud, Covid, January 6.....all have their conspiracy theory supporters with no evidence. Read "Case Closed."

If the JFK assassins had resources and experience, they would never have planned such a lame story. Same applies to 9-11.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Yes. All the evidence supports Oswald and nothing refutes it. No evidence supports any of the conspiracy theories. American love conspiracy theories and always want to doubt the official story--election fraud, Covid, January 6.....all have their conspiracy theory supporters with no evidence. Read "Case Closed."

If the JFK assassins had resources and experience, they would never have planned such a lame story. Same applies to 9-11.
    I thought it was a conspiracy till I read Death of a President by William Manchester ,the book Jackie asked him to write.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

The next election was 1964 and LBJ won by a landslide.
    Lyndon B. Johnson: 'Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your president', Address to the Nation - 1968

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lyndon B. Johnson: 'Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your president', Address to the Nation - 1968
    Correct. He did not run in 1968. Your post said "so forced LBJ to not run for the next election."

The next election after the assassination (1963) was 1964. Just a confusion about dates.

Nobody "forced" LBJ not to run (no evidence). Vietnam was the reason LBJ did not seek reelection.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Correct. He did not run in 1968. Your post said "so forced LBJ to not run for the next election."

The next election after the assassination (1963) was 1964. Just a confusion about dates.

Nobody "forced" LBJ not to run (no evidence). Vietnam was the reason LBJ did not seek reelection.
    There's plenty of evidence, and it's still being hidden. https://nypost.com/2022/02/05/jfk-as...still-bulls-t/

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There's plenty of evidence, and it's still being hidden. https://nypost.com/2022/02/05/jfk-as...still-bulls-t/
    None of that is evidence--it is all conjecture. The opinion of one person without evidence has no credibility. The only evidence the CIA was involved was that Wecht "believes" they were involved.

There was no "missing brain." The doctors who performed the autopsy said exactly what happened to the brain.

There has been a cottage industry of people making money off this assassination by writing books, appearing as expert witnesses, and getting speaker fees by claiming it was a conspiracy.

The NY Post is a tabloid with a history of fake news. It claimed Ted Cruz's father was involved.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

None of that is evidence--it is all conjecture. The opinion of one person without evidence has no credibility. The only evidence the CIA was involved was that Wecht "believes" they were involved.

There was no "missing brain." The doctors who performed the autopsy said exactly what happened to the brain.

There has been a cottage industry of people making money off this assassination by writing books, appearing as expert witnesses, and getting speaker fees by claiming it was a conspiracy.

The NY Post is a tabloid with a history of fake news. It claimed Ted Cruz's father was involved.
    Like! Anyone who saw the shooting knows most of Kennedy's brain is on Jackie the car interior and the street in Dallas!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Flash (01-12-2023)

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How old were in November '63?
    I hadn't yet been born. I was a teen when Oliver Stone's JFK came out though. I didn't see it right away, but I certainly saw it and thought it was quite good. I later read a good portion of one of the books it was based on, Jim Marrs' first book, Crossfire.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    I hadn't yet been born. I was a teen when Oliver Stone's JFK came out though. I didn't see it right away, but I certainly saw it and thought it was quite good. I later read a good portion of one of the books it was based on, Jim Marrs' first book, Crossfire.
    JFK movie has lots of fiction!
    Death of a President by William Manchester is the best source! Jackie asked him to write the book.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,072 Times in 7,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

While we may not know for sure what actually happened, I have a strong idea about the Kennedy assassination that is more than sufficiently plausible for me to not give it much further thought.

I was seventeen when it happened, and seem to have gotten over it.

I don't think it has too much effect on the current political situation.
    JFK's Democratic vice president was a Texan with a cracker accent who signed the civil rights bill into law.

The modern political landscape quickly evolved into being soon after that, but not in any way as a result of the assassination--
    more as a result of LBJ signing the legislation just as Kennedy would have signed it.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    While we may not know for sure what actually happened, I have a strong idea about the Kennedy assassination that is more than sufficiently plausible for me to not give it much further thought.

I was seventeen when it happened, and seem to have gotten over it.

I don't think it has too much effect on the current political situation.
    JFK's Democratic vice president was a Texan with a cracker accent who signed the civil rights bill into law.

The modern political landscape quickly evolved into being soon after that, but not in any way as a result of the assassination--
    more as a result of LBJ signing the legislation just as Kennedy would have signed it.
    Actually the assassination of Bobby Kennedy changed the Political scene more!
    We got Nixon instead of Bobby!swung the country far right!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.