Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Universal Healthcare Voted Into Law!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Yep, supplemental plans run by private insurers make up the difference between what Medicare covers and what it doesn't. Judging by the annual bombardment of advertising, emails, and snail mail solicitations we get every year, there is big BIG money in providing these supplemental plans. So if we did adopt a national Medicare-for-all kind of insurance coverage, private insurance firms would not go out of business.
    so based upon this, national healthcare would make medical expenses even more expensive........how is that better?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,406 Times in 53,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so......plenty of regulation.......in other words, you believe that government should force people to give us their goods and services at rates YOU approve of.........we call that slavery
    You can call it whatever you want, Cindy. But if you want to communicate, it helps to use the words everyone understands the meaning of.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

so based upon this, national healthcare would make medical expenses even more expensive........how is that better?
    I don't know whose ass you pulled that fantasy out of, but I ain't touchin' it. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You can call it whatever you want, Cindy.
    I'll call it whatever it is. the reason you don't care about it being slavery is that you benefit from it. what does that say about you?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't know whose ass you pulled that fantasy out of, but I ain't touchin' it. lol
    of course you won't touch the truth. you'd probably flame out like a vampire in sunlight.

you've also shown us that you don't understand even the simplest concept of economics

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'll call it whatever it is. the reason you don't care about it being slavery is that you benefit from it. what does that say about you?
    It says I worked hard my entire life and paid into the system for over 40 years, was lucky enough to make it to age 65, and now am enjoying the fruits of my labor.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-08-2022)

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Medicare is regulated when you get medical treatment. Doctors have all kinds of regulations to follow and often "fudge" reports so the patient qualifies for treatment. My doctor has to get prior approval before injecting my knee for arthritis.
    f you are on Medicare your reply js pure bullshit.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    did you know that for most people (those with Medicare Advantage plans) their health care is run by private companies?.......mine is run by Priority Health, BC/BS is a prominent Medicare advantage plan in Michigan........
    Medicare Advantage is not traditional Medicare, its just a scam.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It says I worked hard my entire life and paid into the system for over 40 years, was lucky enough to make it to age 65, and now am enjoying the fruits of my labor.
    good luck with that. hopefully you won't experience the bullshit my grandparents did with medicare.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    f you are on Medicare your reply js pure bullshit.
    are you on medicare?

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

are you on medicare?
    Yup

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

false equivalence
    Providing a service in return for government pay. How is border patrol, teacher, or doctor not equivalent in providing that service?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-08-2022)

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Yup
    then i'll tell you the same thing I told owlwoman............good luck with it. your anecdotal pleasant experience with it doesn't take away the nightmare it is for others.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Depends on how they do it. Medicare is not at all efficient. Competitive bidding to buy their products and supplies would save billions.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Providing a service in return for government pay. How is border patrol, teacher, or doctor not equivalent in providing that service?
    one CHOOSES to go in to law enforcement, or become a teacher........but DOCTORS are not currently working for the government. It's a PRIVATE occupation, unless you're HIRED by the government and CHOOSE to work for it. What is being offered here with national healthcare regulated entirely by government is removing said doctors from private sector and forcing them to become public servants at reduced compensation....i.e. slaves.