Thread: Was slavery really that bad?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    There are hundreds of millions of Americans right now today that are slaves of their own making. Debt slaves, slaves to drugs ,booze, and alcohol. Slaves to silly wokeness. Whole lotta slaves in this country right now. Break those chains you put on yourself before its too late.
    Yep. It isn't too late for people to break out of MAGA cult.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,227 Times in 6,865 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Yep.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-06-2022)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Not such a surprising question from you. Go back and re-read the post with the quoted part and you may see why it went over your head the first time.
    no...we're good....everyone else agrees your post was way, way stupid......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    First rational post I have ever seen from you.
    No wonder you think you're a real woman....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    No wonder you think you're a real woman....
    I am proud of you for your first rational post I have ever seen. And I am also proud of you of coping with reality that you will never be a real woman.

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,615 Times in 10,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Would you like to be a slave?
    We are for the government. Well working Americans are

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by APuddleSittingLefty View Post
    I've wasted over 77,000 posts in just under three years
    seems longer, actually.....

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,615 Times in 10,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

A lot of blacks after being set free still wished they were slaves ...they were fed and roof etc over their heads

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,989 Times in 8,360 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    After watching Uncle Ruckus I feel like we need to have a frank discussion on slavery. Ill divide my thoughts into two parts. The countries involved in slavery and then the people.

Throughout history nations have always traded excess resources with each other, particularly resources they didnt have enough of. In this case the white man brought money (in various forms), technology (guns etc) and civilization to countries in Africa run by black folk. Of course the Africans needed something to trade for it as otherwise the white man would just sail right on by. Whether thru biology or ignorance or any other factor the black folk in Africa have always been more fertile than white folk. You see white families have maybe 1-2 children and black families in africa have 7-8 even when they cant feed them anymore.

I know we all believe in the right of national self determination so we cant fault the black folk in Africa for making the decision to sell their excess resources (humans) in exchange for the various goods offered by the white folk. The Commerce between the two nations led to prosperity for the black folk who sold the others to slavery and less humans in their home country led to lower requirements for food and living space leading to a more peaceful time overall. As we can see both White and Black folk both profited immensly from slavery. I might even venture to say that the black folk in Africa came up ahead as technology takes time to develop while they can grow a new crop of slaves to sell in 9 months.

For the nations slavery seems to have been a beneficial thing. Now what about for the people themselves??

First we have to be brutally honest about something. If you were taken as a slave by the black folk stronger than you in Africa then you werent a Nigerian Prince. You were most likely in the bottom rung of society. Whether in Africa or in America you were probably going to end up as a slave anyway.

Obviously slaves ended up working the hardest jobs. Mostly in the agricultural sector. If you were going to work that job would you rather do it in the heat of Africa? Or in the more temperate climes of the US? Just being brought as slaves to the US was a massive increase to their standard of living.

Consider also that the person who bought you in the US values you as his property. The slave had to be caught by other blacks in Africa, brought by ship to America, and then ultimately sold to the end user. Thats a lot of value add in that chain which increased the price of slaves. If a slave died it would be extremely troublesome and costly to ship another from Africa to replace him. Now consider a slave in Africa. You just had to get caught by other stronger blacks. There is not a lot of value add in that production chain so if a slave died it would be easy to just capture another one. After all we have already established that people in Africa were just more fertile than those white folk abroad.

I think we can conclusively see that slavery was beneficial to all parties involved. The white end users, The black slavers, and the black slaves the black slavers captured.
    Well is suspect living it was much more horrible than talking about it but that's about all that been done with regards to slavery since the passage of the 13th amendment. What's made slavery "bad" since then is the use of it by race baiters and the left to divide America and create the situations we have today.
    "Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners" - George Carlin

"Education is a system of imposed ignorance" - Noam Chomsky

"Leftists actually think everyone is as stupid as a leftist." - Yakuda

"No, Trump isn't a fascist, tatt boy." - moon

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

seems longer, actually.....
    Whatever helps you to cope with the fact that you cannot ever be a real woman.

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,464 Times in 3,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

I’m not far behind, actually.....
    True, you’ve blabbed more than 120,000 of them to this non-debate site. May be worth a mention on your gravestone.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

No but that was the point. The people who were made slaves were going to be slaves no matter what. The only point of distinction was whether they would have some abusive african master or work in a white plantation.
    A white plantation with an abusive white master. Slavery is very bad no matter who owns you. You seem to be trying to justify it.

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think we can conclusively see that slavery was beneficial to all parties involved. The white end users, The black slavers, and the black slaves the black slavers captured.
    If slavery is so great, why are there slave revolts?

Why did the Pedo Nazis at 1/6 claim they are fighting to free our nation?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    A white plantation with an abusive white master. Slavery is very bad no matter who owns you. You seem to be trying to justify it.
    would you rather have been a slave with a white abusive master in America? Or a black tribal kang in Africa? At least the white plantation owner had your cost as something restraining him whereas you were much cheaper in Africa.

Again the people who were sold by the jungle bunnies in Africa werent the top of the social ladder. They were the ones taking the slaves to sell. They were at the very bottom which means they would end up as slaves anyway.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    If slavery is so great, why are there slave revolts?

Why did the Pedo Nazis at 1/6 claim they are fighting to free our nation?
    Ppeople always want more stuff. You get a dollar you want 10. You get 10 you want a 100. By taking the blacks out of Africa the whites gave them a headstart over the slaves that remained in Africa.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/