Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Was slavery really that bad?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Default Was slavery really that bad?

After watching Uncle Ruckus I feel like we need to have a frank discussion on slavery. Ill divide my thoughts into two parts. The countries involved in slavery and then the people.

Throughout history nations have always traded excess resources with each other, particularly resources they didnt have enough of. In this case the white man brought money (in various forms), technology (guns etc) and civilization to countries in Africa run by black folk. Of course the Africans needed something to trade for it as otherwise the white man would just sail right on by. Whether thru biology or ignorance or any other factor the black folk in Africa have always been more fertile than white folk. You see white families have maybe 1-2 children and black families in africa have 7-8 even when they cant feed them anymore.

I know we all believe in the right of national self determination so we cant fault the black folk in Africa for making the decision to sell their excess resources (humans) in exchange for the various goods offered by the white folk. The Commerce between the two nations led to prosperity for the black folk who sold the others to slavery and less humans in their home country led to lower requirements for food and living space leading to a more peaceful time overall. As we can see both White and Black folk both profited immensly from slavery. I might even venture to say that the black folk in Africa came up ahead as technology takes time to develop while they can grow a new crop of slaves to sell in 9 months.

For the nations slavery seems to have been a beneficial thing. Now what about for the people themselves??

First we have to be brutally honest about something. If you were taken as a slave by the black folk stronger than you in Africa then you werent a Nigerian Prince. You were most likely in the bottom rung of society. Whether in Africa or in America you were probably going to end up as a slave anyway.

Obviously slaves ended up working the hardest jobs. Mostly in the agricultural sector. If you were going to work that job would you rather do it in the heat of Africa? Or in the more temperate climes of the US? Just being brought as slaves to the US was a massive increase to their standard of living.

Consider also that the person who bought you in the US values you as his property. The slave had to be caught by other blacks in Africa, brought by ship to America, and then ultimately sold to the end user. Thats a lot of value add in that chain which increased the price of slaves. If a slave died it would be extremely troublesome and costly to ship another from Africa to replace him. Now consider a slave in Africa. You just had to get caught by other stronger blacks. There is not a lot of value add in that production chain so if a slave died it would be easy to just capture another one. After all we have already established that people in Africa were just more fertile than those white folk abroad.

I think we can conclusively see that slavery was beneficial to all parties involved. The white end users, The black slavers, and the black slaves the black slavers captured.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    After watching Uncle Ruckus I feel like we need to have a frank discussion on slavery. Ill divide my thoughts into two parts. The countries involved in slavery and then the people.

Throughout history nations have always traded excess resources with each other, particularly resources they didnt have enough of. In this case the white man brought money (in various forms), technology (guns etc) and civilization to countries in Africa run by black folk. Of course the Africans needed something to trade for it as otherwise the white man would just sail right on by. Whether thru biology or ignorance or any other factor the black folk in Africa have always been more fertile than white folk. You see white families have maybe 1-2 children and black families in africa have 7-8 even when they cant feed them anymore.

I know we all believe in the right of national self determination so we cant fault the black folk in Africa for making the decision to sell their excess resources (humans) in exchange for the various goods offered by the white folk. The Commerce between the two nations led to prosperity for the black folk who sold the others to slavery and less humans in their home country led to lower requirements for food and living space leading to a more peaceful time overall. As we can see both White and Black folk both profited immensly from slavery. I might even venture to say that the black folk in Africa came up ahead as technology takes time to develop while they can grow a new crop of slaves to sell in 9 months.

For the nations slavery seems to have been a beneficial thing. Now what about for the people themselves??

First we have to be brutally honest about something. If you were taken as a slave by the black folk stronger than you in Africa then you werent a Nigerian Prince. You were most likely in the bottom rung of society. Whether in Africa or in America you were probably going to end up as a slave anyway.

Obviously slaves ended up working the hardest jobs. Mostly in the agricultural sector. If you were going to work that job would you rather do it in the heat of Africa? Or in the more temperate climes of the US? Just being brought as slaves to the US was a massive increase to their standard of living.

Consider also that the person who bought you in the US values you as his property. The slave had to be caught by other blacks in Africa, brought by ship to America, and then ultimately sold to the end user. Thats a lot of value add in that chain which increased the price of slaves. If a slave died it would be extremely troublesome and costly to ship another from Africa to replace him. Now consider a slave in Africa. You just had to get caught by other stronger blacks. There is not a lot of value add in that production chain so if a slave died it would be easy to just capture another one. After all we have already established that people in Africa were just more fertile than those white folk abroad.

I think we can conclusively see that slavery was beneficial to all parties involved. The white end users, The black slavers, and the black slaves the black slavers captured.
    Would you like to be a slave?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hear they loved to be whipped. Then Blacks are into S&M.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

martin (12-06-2022), McRocket (12-06-2022)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,105 Times in 12,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Slavery is not a thing of the past, it is here now, and likely will get worse as the regression of civilization continues.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Would you like to be a slave?
    No but that was the point. The people who were made slaves were going to be slaves no matter what. The only point of distinction was whether they would have some abusive african master or work in a white plantation.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No but that was the point. The people who were made slaves were going to be slaves no matter what. The only point of distinction was whether they would have some abusive african master or work in a white plantation.
    Slavery goes back almost certainly many hundreds of thousands of years. We dont know anything about what the conditions were. We can say that at one point almost everyone agreed that slavery is bad and we made an effort to get rid of it. We failed, and it will likely worse as we live in a dark age, and it will likely be a long one.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,465 Times in 3,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

The first error in this tripe concerning white "men" and black "folk" is the notion that blacks were sold into slavery. The vast majority were captured and kidnapped. The few that were sold were sold as punishment for crimes
    in their community.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    The first error in this tripe concerning white "men" and black "folk" is the notion that blacks were sold into slavery. The vast majority were captured and kidnapped. The few that were sold were sold as punishment for crimes
    in their community.
    The phrase is "Sold down the river" for a reason.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The other error is this thread of magnificent ignorance is whether slavery is "good" or whether it is "bad" depends on how it occurs not what it is.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin For This Post:

Jarod (12-06-2022), LurchAddams (12-06-2022)

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The other error is this thread of magnificent ignorance is whether slavery is "good" or whether it is "bad" depends on how it occurs not what it is.
    Thats a WOKE fantasy right there. Just as there is no truth there is no good or bad either....there is only power.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. The Following User Groans At Hawkeye10 For This Awful Post:

Jarod (12-06-2022)

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Thats a WOKE fantasy right there. Just as there is no truth there is no good or bad either....there is only power.
    So WOKE includes all those conservative goody goodies who wring their hands and their hearts over abortion and disapprove of black teenagers expressing their power looting convenience stores.

15. The Following User Groans At martin For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-06-2022)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-06-2022), LurchAddams (12-06-2022)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,667 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

So WOKE includes all those conservative goody goodies who wring their hands and their hearts over abortion and disapprove of black teenagers expressing their power looting convenience stores.
    What if you owned one of those convenience stores, Marty?

Would you have the same cavalier attitude toward common thieves?

“Expressing their power”...good grief, Marty.

Do you really believe that tripe, Marty?

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,577 Times in 9,985 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Were the slave owners expressing their power when they had slaves whipped ? Looting can be many things Marty. Were the Europeans just expressing their power when they " looted " the Americas, Africa, India, and other parts of Asia? Dont worry about it,....just a little looting and power expressing right Marty?

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Were the slave owners expressing their power when they had slaves whipped ? Looting can be many things Marty. Were the Europeans just expressing their power when they " looted " the Americas, Africa, India, and other parts of Asia? Dont worry about it,....just a little looting and power expressing right Marty?
    That's Hawkeye's argument, not mine. Keep up.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    What if you owned one of those convenience stores, Marty?

Would you have the same cavalier attitude toward common thieves?

“Expressing their power”...good grief, Marty.

Do you really believe that tripe, Marty?
    Asshole. I was mocking Hawkeye's comment.

21. The Following User Groans At martin For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-06-2022)

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-06-2022), LurchAddams (12-06-2022)