Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-Religious Voters Wield Clout, Lean Heavily Democratic

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,842 Times in 17,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Gun rights, specifically. I don’t own the dreaded AR type rifle but believe in people’s rights to own them. I also have plenty of the semi auto pistols like used in the latest Walmart shooting in Virginia that are on several of the left legislator’s “target” list.

Also I can’t get by the adamant stance by so many national candidates on abortion. In the late 90’s into the early 2000’s several of my state’s more conservative democratic candidates were pretty much abandoned financially because they wouldn’t embrace the pro death movement publicly. One, many of them were not for abortion at any cost and two, they knew it would be political suicide here to do so. Didn’t matter. Now we’re cherry red and it’s going to be hard to get back to purple…which is where most of us really are.
    So you are in a well-trained militia?
    Warren Burger the Chief justice of the supreme court said
    The gun lobbyists interpretation of the 2nd amendment is the greatest fraud, I repeat the greatest fraud, on the American people by a special interests group. that I have seen in my lifetime.
    The real purpose of the 2nd amendment was to insure that state armies, the militia, would be maintained for the defense of the state. The very language of the 2nd refutes that it was intended to guarantee every citizen an unfettered right to any kind of weapon he or she desires.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 12-07-2022 at 03:50 PM.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    So you are in a well-trained militia?
    Warren Burger the Chief justice of the supreme court said
    The gun lobbyists interpretation of the 2nd amendment is the greatest fraud, I repeat the greatest fraud, on the American people by a special interests group. that I have seen in my lifetime.
    The real purpose of the 2nd amendment was to insure that state armies, the militia, would be maintained for the defense of the state. The very language of the 2nd refutes that it was intended to guarantee every citizen an unfettered right to any kind of weapon he or she desires.
    https://davekopel.org/2A/Mags/crburger.htm

Burger … drawn like a … well … like a gun by the gun-grabbers.

Might as well be the opinion of Hamilton Burger … it carries about as much weight.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,842 Times in 17,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    https://davekopel.org/2A/Mags/crburger.htm

Burger … drawn like a … well … like a gun by the gun-grabbers.

Might as well be the opinion of Hamilton Burger … it carries about as much weight.
    He was long before your pretend gun grabbers. Since that court case, we have been deluged by shootings, killing and mass murders.Apparently your love of guns makes you immune from a society that has to teach little children what to do in a school shooting. We have a mass shootings nearly every day in America. Are you OK with that? Nearly 20 million guns were bought last year in America. Do you think they made America safer? Do you see that as evidence for your imaginary gun grabbers?Burger was Chief Justice of the Supreme court. His views based in law and great legal experience. I do not give your views the same weight and the carnage since they prove he was right and you are wrong.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 12-08-2022 at 05:12 PM.