Thread: Detransitioner: ‘I’m suing the doctors who removed my healthy breasts’

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    So does the New York Times, MSNBC, CNN, the WaPo, and a whole litany of other Leftist and radical Leftist sources in the so-called MSM...

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,102 Times in 12,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

If we had a functioning legal system based upon Old America the mutilation of children at least would end.

But we dont.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,230 Times in 3,448 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

The tranny problem started 15 years ago when obvious tranny freak michelle obama became first lady.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,259 Times in 7,142 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Always the same, the lazy will inevitably choose to attack the source rather address the content.

A detransitioner is suing a social worker, therapist, and their respective clinics in Oregon for overlooking her mental health challenges and fast-tracking her “non-binary” double mastectomy surgery.

Camille Kiefel, 32, represented by Jackson Bone LLP, announced a lawsuit last week against the health professionals who approved the surgery to have her breasts removed after only two brief Zoom meetings. Kiefel came to regret the double mastectomy she had in August 2020 in the years that followed, calling the procedure a result of an “abhorrent misdiagnosis.”

“I was 30 and at the end of my rope when I transitioned,” Kiefel testified at a hearing on the efficacy of pediatric medical transition held by the Florida Boards of Medicine. “At the time I believed I was nonbinary, I struggled with severe mental illness and suicidal ideation.”

Kiefel is suing social worker Amy Ruff and mental health therapist Mara Burmeister, as well as their respective Portland-based gender clinics — Brave Space Oregon and the Quest Center for Integrative Health.

After a 40-minute video call with Burmeister in July 2020, following a one-hour Zoom session with Ruff in May, both “experts” wrote a letter of recommendation for Kiefel to undergo chest reconstruction surgery, the complaint reads.

The 13 page complaint alleges that the defendants “transgressed the bounds of socially tolerable conduct by abusing their positions of trust and authority” by facilitating “unnecessary, irreversible treatment” without consideration of Kiefel’s mental health issues.

Kiefel told The Daily Wire that after a traumatic childhood event, she felt discomfort with her breasts and hips, and began to dress androgynously as “a form of escapism,” she said.

“I had a trauma history: when I was in sixth grade my best friend had been raped by her brother,” Kiefel said at the Florida Board of Medicine meeting. “Being a girl meant I was more vulnerable, so I started to present as more masculine. This should have been a red flag, yet within months of requesting top surgery, it was performed on me.”

Kiefel was introduced to gender identity ideology in 2010, while she pursued a women’s studies minor in college, and in 2016, began to identify as “nonbinary” after seeing a “gender-affirming” therapist. She spent much of her childhood suffering from anxiety and depression, which persisted into adulthood and led to suicidal ideation.

In 2020, she began to feel that having her breasts removed would eliminate her mental and emotional distress. The request was granted in just a few months time after making the initial inquiry, despite the fact that she never took testosterone or believed herself to be transgender.

The complaint states that even though Kiefel’s desire for chest reconstruction was “based on ‘individual identity’ described as ‘Absence of femininity’ and desire for a ‘more androgynous’ look,” her care team proceeded with the “life-altering, physically damaging, irreversible” operation.

The complaint alleges that Burmeister “failed to conduct an individualized, comprehensive mental health assessment” and ought to have known Kiefel was a “high-risk candidate for regretting or not benefitting from undergoing a double mastectomy for the purpose of ‘gender affirmation.’” Additionally, Burmeister’s referral letter was “based on cut-and-pasted boilerplate diagnostic criteria” that failed to account for Kiefel’s individual needs.

Defendant Ruff “breached her duty of care” by violating the standards of care applicable to Licensed Clinical Social Workers in the State of Oregon, failing to provide Kiefel with “accurate, complete information about the risks of having a double mastectomy ostensibly to relieve or alleviate mental health or emotional distress.”

Kiefel found the inspiration for a “nonbinary top surgery” when she came across the Gender Confirmation Center (GCC) website, which she claimed to believe was a “legitimate” source of information at the time. The founder of GCC, Dr. Scott Mosser, has performed “over two thousand top surgeries” on girls and women, including several 13 year olds, according to a leaked video in August.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/detra...diting-surgery
    I'm really on your side of this issue! When people learn they have Breast Cancer, people are giving a choice- Surgery to remove the breast or forgo Chemo- and once that decision is made by the patient- and the surgery is done- IT'S TOO FUCKING LATE TO CRY ABOUT MAKING THE DECISION ONE MADE.

This is what the Judge will say!

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    So does the New York Times, MSNBC, CNN, the WaPo, and a whole litany of other Leftist and radical Leftist sources in the so-called MSM...
    You don't believe those made up stories in the NYPost because others do the same thing?

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,230 Times in 3,448 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    You don't believe those made up stories in the NYPost because others do the same thing?
    NY Post did not make this up, you idiot . I gave a link to many other sources. You trannies are as stupid as you are hateful.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    NY Post did not make this up, you idiot . I gave a link to many other sources. You trannies are as stupid as you are hateful.
    Because the NYPost was the only source that had the information. They did not share that with other sources and the creditable sources weren't going to publish based on the poor reputation of the NYPost.