Thread: Trump's promise to do away with mail voting shows how out of touch he is with America

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,493 Times in 9,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Default Trump's promise to do away with mail voting shows how out of touch he is with America

If reelected, former President Trump promises to ban mail balloting, allow only one day for voting and finish counting on election night.
    He claims mailed ballots and extended voting periods are rife with fraud. But there’s no evidence anywhere of significant election cheating.

And it shows how out of touch he is with America’s voting systems.

Twenty-seven states allow what’s called “no-excuse” absentee voting, meaning citizens can cast a ballot by snail mail for any reason they want. Eight of these states, including California, Oregon and Washington, mail ballots to all active registered voters.

Every state permits some form of absentee voting.

Based on tabulations so far, roughly 88% of California’s votes in the November election were cast using mail ballots.

That percentage will probably rise when counting is complete.

California has warmly embraced mail balloting. In the gubernatorial election 20 years ago, only 27% voted by mail; 40 years ago, it was a mere 6.5%.

Even this state’s Republican leaders use mail ballots.

“I have voted by mail in California for years,” California GOP Chairwoman Jessica Millan Patterson told me in an email. “And each time, my ballot was received and counted. It’s easy, it’s convenient and it works for me.”

But Patterson led the California GOP when it and the national party sued to block Gov. Gavin Newsom’s executive order to send all registered voters a mail ballot during the 2020 pandemic. The suit became moot when the Legislature replaced the order with a law. She then promoted early voting using mail ballots.

“Voting by mail is only growing in popularity across our state,” Patterson emailed. “Democrats utilize this method effectively and have the results to show for it. Whether it’s voting by mail, voting early in person, ballot harvesting or voting on election day, California Republicans need to embrace that there is no right way or wrong way to cast a ballot…. [We need] to make sure no votes are being left on the table.”

Demagogue Trump isn’t listening. Severely scaling back voting options is part of his MAGA comeback platform.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-pr...130013132.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

evince (12-05-2022), Guno צְבִי (12-05-2022), Phantasmal (12-05-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,764 Times in 33,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    If reelected, former President Trump promises to ban mail balloting, allow only one day for voting and finish counting on election night.
    He claims mailed ballots and extended voting periods are rife with fraud. But there’s no evidence anywhere of significant election cheating.

And it shows how out of touch he is with America’s voting systems.

Twenty-seven states allow what’s called “no-excuse” absentee voting, meaning citizens can cast a ballot by snail mail for any reason they want. Eight of these states, including California, Oregon and Washington, mail ballots to all active registered voters.

Every state permits some form of absentee voting.

Based on tabulations so far, roughly 88% of California’s votes in the November election were cast using mail ballots.

That percentage will probably rise when counting is complete.

California has warmly embraced mail balloting. In the gubernatorial election 20 years ago, only 27% voted by mail; 40 years ago, it was a mere 6.5%.

Even this state’s Republican leaders use mail ballots.

“I have voted by mail in California for years,” California GOP Chairwoman Jessica Millan Patterson told me in an email. “And each time, my ballot was received and counted. It’s easy, it’s convenient and it works for me.”

But Patterson led the California GOP when it and the national party sued to block Gov. Gavin Newsom’s executive order to send all registered voters a mail ballot during the 2020 pandemic. The suit became moot when the Legislature replaced the order with a law. She then promoted early voting using mail ballots.

“Voting by mail is only growing in popularity across our state,” Patterson emailed. “Democrats utilize this method effectively and have the results to show for it. Whether it’s voting by mail, voting early in person, ballot harvesting or voting on election day, California Republicans need to embrace that there is no right way or wrong way to cast a ballot…. [We need] to make sure no votes are being left on the table.”

Demagogue Trump isn’t listening. Severely scaling back voting options is part of his MAGA comeback platform.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-pr...130013132.html

Change scares Trumpublicans.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

evince (12-05-2022), Guno צְבִי (12-05-2022), signalmankenneth (12-05-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

It's interesting to note that virtually no other country on the planet allows widespread mail-in voting or voting for weeks for an election...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Lionfish (12-06-2022)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    It's interesting to note that virtually no other country on the planet allows widespread mail-in voting or voting for weeks for an election...
    Maybe their citizens are not in the main ignorant cowards.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Americans voting scares the entire Republican party
    The lengths that the Failed Elite Class has gone to betray me, and further how far they will go if they are not stopped, is what scares me.

Actively destroying elections is suicide.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 3,431 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,204 Times in 1,881 Posts

People want mail-in ballots so they can sell them.

All voting must be in-person and same day.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    No other country has a press that is so biased towards the radical left as america has.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Eliminate mail in ballots and the democrats are done and they know it.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Eliminate mail in ballots and the democrats are done and they know it.
    Nah - they have many ways to cheat. The problem is the press never exposes democrat cheating.