Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Warnock won't answer

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theywillneverlearn! View Post
    No one in their right mind gave them credit for it. It was their down on their knees immediately cowardice that let it happen. Just to clear things up.
    Interesting take. I thought it was the barrage of Republican lies that we've all gotten so used to at this point that let it happen.

Besides the point, though. It wasn't a Christian war.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-05-2022)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Interesting take. I thought it was the barrage of Republican lies that we've all gotten so used to at this point that let it happen.

Besides the point, though. It wasn't a Christian war.
    democrats were all in for it. No denying that. They had a chance to stop it cold. They knew they were going make good blood money out of it. And still do.

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Theywillneverlearn! View Post
    democrats were all in for it. No denying that. They had a chance to stop it cold. They knew they were going make good blood money out of it. And still do.
    I don't give Dems a pass on that. Wouldn't vote for any of 'em that supported it or voted for it.

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,297 Times in 13,423 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Yet again you hate abortion of any kind, except of course when your candidate forces his women into it. Then you look the other way.
    I think abortion is a decision that two people have to make. I don't have a problem with it being on demand for say the first trimester of a pregnancy and for valid medical reasons (eg., rare) afterwards.

I don't think it's a "woman's right to choose" unless you abolish child support being paid by men. After all, it takes two to tango and therefore this is very much in the vein of contract law. One side in that contract doesn't hold all the rights to what happens.

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I think abortion is a decision that two people have to make. I don't have a problem with it being on demand for say the first trimester of a pregnancy and for valid medical reasons (eg., rare) afterwards.

I don't think it's a "woman's right to choose" unless you abolish child support being paid by men. After all, it takes two to tango and therefore this is very much in the vein of contract law. One side in that contract doesn't hold all the rights to what happens.
    I don't agree w/ that logic. We're talking about a woman's right to decide what to do w/ her own body. We really don't have a more sacred right than that.

Men don't have to carry a fetus to term. That's exclusively w/ the woman.

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,450 Times in 52,465 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

I disagree on giving rapists and pedophile "fathers" the right to have a 50% say in an abortion. If the couple is married, then, yes, I think the husband should have a say in it.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,085 Times in 4,701 Posts
    Blog Entries

Isn't Warnock some sort of ordained minister? What's his church say about abortion?

As a Baptist minister, you'd think his position would be reflected by his denomination's religious beliefs that abortion is wrong in all cases--the position generally held by the Baptist Church in the US in general. Of course, that position is completely incompatible with being a Democrat so you get crickets when it comes up from a money grubbing political hack like Warnock.
    Christianity teaches you to be responsible for your own sin, Christianity teaches to judge not, and the concept of free will, that is why a minister can hold the idea that religious concepts should not infringe upon other’s rights. Sen. Warnock can be like other Christian Congress people and separate their Church from the State.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-05-2022), Doc Dutch (12-05-2022), Guno צְבִי (12-05-2022), martin (12-05-2022)

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Instead choose a guy who financed a couple of them.
    And he's a werewolf to boot.

No serious person would EVER vote for Herschel Walker. He is a liar, mentally disturbed, and a woman beater. Great candidates you support there, fake doc

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-05-2022)

12. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Christianity teaches you to be responsible for your own sin, Christianity teaches to judge not, and the concept of free will, that is why a minister can hold the idea that religious concepts should not infringe upon other’s rights. Sen. Warnock can be like other Christian Congress people and separate their Church from the State.
    Exactly. Let God judge, not people who think they know better.

Notice that most of the anti-abortionists on JPP are also White Nationalists who favor keeping white males on top and everyone else one or more rungs down the ladder.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-05-2022)

14. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,085 Times in 4,701 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    One can CLAIM to be a Christian and be pro-choice but one can't BE a Christian and be pro-choice.
    Thank you, God

15. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    One can CLAIM to be a Christian and be pro-choice but one can't BE a Christian and be pro-choice.
    White Nationalist ideology posted by someone who recommended HCQ over COVID vaccine.

16. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Isn't Warnock some sort of ordained minister? What's his church say about abortion?

As a Baptist minister, you'd think his position would be reflected by his denomination's religious beliefs that abortion is wrong in all cases--the position generally held by the Baptist Church in the US in general. Of course, that position is completely incompatible with being a Democrat so you get crickets when it comes up from a money grubbing political hack like Warnock.
    Why won't McCarthy denounce twump having Nazis at his house and calling for the Constitution to be canceled?

Also, you really don't see the irony about your accusing Warnock of moral failings? Who's he running against?

Seriously, dude.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

17. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Thank you, God
    I only see politicized Christians pull the "more Christian than thou" card usually.

Religion and spirituality are private & personal. I consider myself to be a Christian, and I'm the only one who defines what that means for me.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-06-2022)

19. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is no such thing as "abortion on demand". And most abortions are done within 8-10 weeks. Once they go beyond that, you can be sure they want the babies.

And men do not get pregnant.

20. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    It's just a "gotcha" question. Pollsters have advised Dems to stay away from it - because their answers will be taken out of context.
    The entire GOP is playing politics by not denouncing twump for his having an orgy with Nazis, taking secret docs and calling for the repeal of the Constitution. And now their all endorsing Walker. It's a good thing Republicans don't have shame or they'd die from it!
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.